Unitrans logo

Unitrans Employee Reviews

South Africa112 reviews

3,6Work-Life Balance

Productivity

I am a delivery sales driver so at all times I need to be an example because client Talks to me first I am the face of the company , that's what I love most about the job . It excites me everyday even if I had to meet a difficult client it's the same thing . Customer service. Negotiation between the company and the client when there is dispute.

Pros

Rewards

Cons

Normal time

Coherent collaborative strong safety culture

Exemplary leadership in legal compliance and entrenchment of values. Integrity and honesty are valued above profit. Top quality individuals, training, commitment, equipment, maintenance, work space, ethics and standards. Growth through challenges, adaptability is key. Achievable goals set by forward thinkers. Truly deserving of their accreditation certification and always audit ready. The most well rounded, satisfying and complimentary working experience of my career.

Pros

Strong encouragement for skills development and attendance of training, no slacking on legal compliance, excellent team work

Cons

Restructuring diminished transporter-family culture

Driver

I work at unitrans for 7 years.2 years under egency 5 years under unitrans .unitrans is good company that everybody willing to work on,being at unitrans was good.

productive and friendly working environment

Know what is required management and teams are there to assists and clarify what is required from an employee. I had to familiarize my self with systems in place. Had to adjust meeting new friends and colleagues familiarize with different managers as we report to different managers per shift whether night or day shift. The hardest part was to get use to working night shift but body adjust and comply to the situation. The ever changing management is also kind of challenging because when you are used to ones style of management suddenly you change to adopt the new style the new manager is applying.

Productive workplace

Strong and Positive Leadership It is good company that has leaders that are decisive when it comes to steering the organization's course. They know how to build strong relationships and provide open communication with their employees. They motivate their team and hold everyone to high standards of responsibility and accountability.

It was good

I enjoyed working at Unitrans it a good company. They treat every employee with respect. I've learn alot working as a team. Time management, dealing with clients. Pre inspection.

Not good

I started working at uni... in 2013, we worked as a team n sometimes we were told to start at 6 am n finish late, I had good times and bad, overall I had a great time

Unitrans culture.

Unitrans has a strong supportive culture. Safety is a lifestyle. The operations are system driven and guided by procedures. The communication from senior management is clear and accurate. Corporate governance is practised well and audits conducted regularly on all aspects of the business. There is a strong sense of pride in the brand. Targets and deadlines are tight.

productive

I was happy at Unitrans the work is fun but safety always come first I had to leave the company because of personal problems but had not for that I would have never left Unitrans. Untrans always think of the safety of there drivers b4 anything els.

Management is harrassing the drivers They take your money when ever like

To do the job is nice and straight forward. But to loose R400 a day for any mistake and mishap is a bit out of line Doing garages and delivering fuel to garages One have to adhere to the safety rules of the company You must be safety concious on the road and site

Jobs at Unitrans

See more jobs

Busy day at work can be stressfull at times

Unitrans was great untill i took the job in Malmesbury. There was no workshop you had to work in Sun and rain. There was no support from supervisor at operations. This made my work hard to do. I am a good and hard worker

Safety

This job is very challenging work is very safety must work under very challenging circumstances but is great you can grown is this company and management is there to help you

Good

Good place to work at. Environment friendly. Safety first. PPE supplies yearly, no mistake. No pay day issues. Your are not bothered with work activities when ur on leave

Unitrans has 4x MAN and VW commercial dealerships in Polokwane, Johannesburg, Klerksdorp an Rustenburg.

Unitrans has 4x MAN/VW dealerships in SA with the full provision for parts, new and used vehicles, service and breakdowns, that pertains a hands on approach. Our area is remote and apply a high demand of visits in our region. The OEM from Germany has the best practices in place and products superior in the world. Daily management contains sales management, parts profiling, key customer dealings, eg Barlows, Supergroup etc. Unitrans run a strict policy and governance with strong financial procedures. The culture is hardworking and time consuming on structuring of deals and the finance thereof.

Pros

20 days leave

Cons

Slow pace dealing with transactions on new and used vehicles.

Productive and fun workplace

UNITRANS is a productive and fun working place , I've learned to participate in a meeting, I've learned to record everyday cost and send weekly cost to the Manager. the hardest part of the job It when it was end of the month when I have to send monthly flash report to head office. counting stock, tire stock, updating new service schedule when it was Thursday because we use to update service schedule on Thursdays. The most enjoyable part of the Job it when there is no overruns on my service schedule.

Productive and workin place

It typical day needs to put more effort on what you doing ,and be vigilant at all times ,be brave stick to the time ,I've learnt to work with the team,to work on your own and take decisions if possible,management is there to make a plan and take decisions and work with zero harm at all times.

Pros

Full benefit coverage

Cons

The hardest part of the job.

This is a very stable and big company to work for. The hardest part of the job is to get promoted when you proof yourself almost everyday. Long hours make the salary worth it, but only for so long.

Productive and very Proffesional

Great Company to work for Management is Excellent Hours is convenient Protective clothing is comfortable Salary is always on time Benefits is good Good environment to work in Good work colleagues Learning the work was a new experience

Pros

Free beveregas

Cons

Retrenchment

Good all round

Flexibility needed interms of doing delivery so that workers will feel very comfortable to perform there duty without fear of making mistakes so management must allow them to show how they can manage there work without interference

Im verry productive

I'm a good worker and hard working honest love working with people and in joy my job I tink on my feet and work good under pressure and olways on time

Cons

Im use to work long hours

Great environment to work.

It was a great 9 years at Unitrans I feel like I need to challenge myself and try other companies. I have learnt a lot and I have a clean record and collected many certificates.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Weekend shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unitrans. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,0