Unitrans

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,8Culture

Busy n serious determination

The work was so productive and awesome always excelling with more courses aligned to my driving career,We had good opportunities to go for re rest ,and having some sports time also competitions.above all many employees being dedicated to their work.

Coherent collaborative strong safety culture

Exemplary leadership in legal compliance and entrenchment of values. Integrity and honesty are valued above profit. Top quality individuals, training, commitment, equipment, maintenance, work space, ethics and standards. Growth through challenges, adaptability is key. Achievable goals set by forward thinkers. Truly deserving of their accreditation certification and always audit ready. The most well rounded, satisfying and complimentary working experience of my career.

Pros

Strong encouragement for skills development and attendance of training, no slacking on legal compliance, excellent team work

Cons

Restructuring diminished transporter-family culture

Unitrans culture.

Unitrans has a strong supportive culture. Safety is a lifestyle. The operations are system driven and guided by procedures. The communication from senior management is clear and accurate. Corporate governance is practised well and audits conducted regularly on all aspects of the business. There is a strong sense of pride in the brand. Targets and deadlines are tight.

Unitrans has 4x MAN and VW commercial dealerships in Polokwane, Johannesburg, Klerksdorp an Rustenburg.

Unitrans has 4x MAN/VW dealerships in SA with the full provision for parts, new and used vehicles, service and breakdowns, that pertains a hands on approach. Our area is remote and apply a high demand of visits in our region. The OEM from Germany has the best practices in place and products superior in the world. Daily management contains sales management, parts profiling, key customer dealings, eg Barlows, Supergroup etc. Unitrans run a strict policy and governance with strong financial procedures. The culture is hardworking and time consuming on structuring of deals and the finance thereof.

Pros

20 days leave

Cons

Slow pace dealing with transactions on new and used vehicles.

Company Culture

Unitrans has a wonderful Company culture that is warm and caring. I have learned a lot form my bosses each different one I had through out the years .

Cons

Retrenchement

Fun works place

huge company to work for with many Good people, positive workforce, High level of commitment, energetic staff, supported HR function..........................................

Fun to work

This company was great, a typical day would start with handling clients telephonically who would be frustrated. Being able to assist them was the peak of the day. The management team was great, they would organize workshops to encourage good team work. The hardest part was trying to calm a client , on the flipside the most enjoyable part was being able to assist.

Great workplace

Unitrans is a work place where you learn to work as a team and even have fun doing it. My colleagues were very supportive and understanding so were the supervisors.What im saying i enjoyed working there.

Pros

learning schools

Cons

Unitrans is a big company and it was fun working there

working at Unitrans was good, they have flaxible working hours, time management was essential, management was able to communicate with us on a regular basis

Good to work there

Different types of people with culture, beliefs,regions in all that you get to learn lots of things even languages.most of all they respect each other

Pros

Sharing lunch

Cons

Good hours

Pleasant

Good environment with lots of interesting daily tasks. Friendly colleagues and stimulating workplace culture. Most enjoyable part of work being the interaction with all the different role players in the company. Shift work was a bit challenging but not altogether unpleasant.

Pros

Good work enviroment

Cons

shift work

good working enviroment

Working for Unitrans company is full of fun. workers in general accepted me from day one and are respectful when you give them work instruction.

Pros

Shares in the company for all employees

Cons

The high level of pressure associated with the job

Very long hours and hard work. Co workers was very pleasant and friendly. Also something to learn as I have worked with different kinds of cultures.

A well run organisation

I worked long hours to which i received overtime for. I learned the value of time management and how to handle stressful situations. Management was on the ball and i enjoyed being with my co-workers at work and sometimes after hours I made lots of friends because most of them were easy to get along with and very helpful. The hardest part of my job was being away from my family. The most enjoyable part was seeing all part of South Africa and experiencing new places

Pros

friendly staff

Great work place

Day to day work for example keeping all vehicles and driver up to date on events that need to happen during the day and making sure all work that needs to get done gets done quickly and efficiently.

Nice working enviroment - difference cultures

work hard and with fun and humar I learned to work with different cultures, I learned that people are different and need to treat them with respect and value they opinions co-workers - old give you the best advise - young its was all about working hard and having fun working with old people who don't have sensor of humar not working week-end and Holidays

Pros

not working week-ends

Good place

It is a good environment for learning and growing. The leaders are open to suggestions on improvement. Can be very hectic on some days. The people may bud heads a lot, but come back and create a fun environment for themselves. The management then, could use a few pointers on working well with their teams. Overall a decent place

Good working environment

It was a normal working day. The environment is friendly. The colleagues were easy to interact with. The best part of my job was learning something new everyday. Being under pressure everyday is very stressfull, however it makes you become a stronger person and enables you to become more hands on with difficult tasks.

Pros

Full lunch hour

Cons

Being under pressure

Strick and not fun

Very busy and I have learned how to work in a team and under pressure all year round. Management is fair and I loved working in a team. The hardest part is when one individual is unproductive. I enjoyed completing my tasks on time.

Pros

team work

Cons

Long working hours

A good working enviroment

Unitrans is a large corporate with many divisions ranging from fuel & chemicals to warehousing & distribution. A typical day is the warehouse is a hive of activity. A lot of planing goes into any given day. I have learned to be flexible, to multitask on a large scale & to use my initiative. I have also learned how to be a manager & it's not just about managing a department but that there are people who depend on me & that is a huge responsibility. I have learned to look at the human side of the business & to be an understanding manager. My co-workers are a hard working unit of people who with their support, we have managed to become an streamlined & efficient team. The hardest part of my job is the planning as you never know what is around the corner so a good plan is of the utmost importance. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I have come to know & respect. My colleagues & subordinates alike. We are a good team.

Pros

Learning curves & expieriences.

Cons

Challenging and interesting, everyday has something new

Working in operations in a transport entity comes with different activities and challenges everyday, it always keeps you on your toes.I've learnt a lot in terms of cultural diversity and managing people. My management and co-workers are very supportive,as we have no choice but to work as a team to achieve company goals.the most difficult part of the job is trying to convince people in order to avoid work stoppages in times of disagreements. It is always fun for an explorer to wor in an environment where you learn new things everyday.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Work does'nt stop when the day is over

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unitrans. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,5 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,5 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,7 out of 5 stars for Management
3,8 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Unitrans
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?