Unitrans

South Africa116 reviews

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,5Pay & Benefits

Productive, learning, safety and team work.

Big and with many different operations and running by well matured management. Giving workers peace of mind and lots of opportunities, skill development. Looking after their equipment, workers and their contract.

Personal and Professional growth or development

I really appreciated management's ability to provide growth and development on personal and professional level for employees eager to learn more. A great experience when in operations, the energy, collaboration and all the efforts put together from general levels right up to managerial levels to achieve one thriving supply chain, that to me, is unforgettable and a true reflection of achievement.

Pros

Motivational management

Cons

Long hours, holidays and weekends

Productivity

I am a delivery sales driver so at all times I need to be an example because client Talks to me first I am the face of the company , that's what I love most about the job . It excites me everyday even if I had to meet a difficult client it's the same thing . Customer service. Negotiation between the company and the client when there is dispute.

Pros

Rewards

Cons

Normal time

Driver

I work at unitrans for 7 years.2 years under egency 5 years under unitrans .unitrans is good company that everybody willing to work on,being at unitrans was good.

Not good

I started working at uni... in 2013, we worked as a team n sometimes we were told to start at 6 am n finish late, I had good times and bad, overall I had a great time

productive

I was happy at Unitrans the work is fun but safety always come first I had to leave the company because of personal problems but had not for that I would have never left Unitrans. Untrans always think of the safety of there drivers b4 anything els.

Busy day at work can be stressfull at times

Unitrans was great untill i took the job in Malmesbury. There was no workshop you had to work in Sun and rain. There was no support from supervisor at operations. This made my work hard to do. I am a good and hard worker

Safety

This job is very challenging work is very safety must work under very challenging circumstances but is great you can grown is this company and management is there to help you

Productive and workin place

It typical day needs to put more effort on what you doing ,and be vigilant at all times ,be brave stick to the time ,I've learnt to work with the team,to work on your own and take decisions if possible,management is there to make a plan and take decisions and work with zero harm at all times.

Pros

Full benefit coverage

Cons

The hardest part of the job.

This is a very stable and big company to work for. The hardest part of the job is to get promoted when you proof yourself almost everyday. Long hours make the salary worth it, but only for so long.

Good all round

Flexibility needed interms of doing delivery so that workers will feel very comfortable to perform there duty without fear of making mistakes so management must allow them to show how they can manage there work without interference

Im verry productive

I'm a good worker and hard working honest love working with people and in joy my job I tink on my feet and work good under pressure and olways on time

Cons

Im use to work long hours

Productive and fun workplace

My first day at work i fee comfortable and enjoy a task that were given at that time in order to be productive. I learn about the job and how must behave at a workplace. The management is strictly manage the job quite and enjoyable

Pros

Free lunches

No extra

Was working verry long hours without any extra compensations and no overtimes, employees with a lover salary rate where getting overtime paid and more money than their senior

Pros

Cons

Verry long hours

Company Culture

Unitrans has a wonderful Company culture that is warm and caring. I have learned a lot form my bosses each different one I had through out the years .

Cons

Retrenchement

No employee development

I worked there for over 10 years. Salary was good however, management isnt interested in developing their employees. While their succession planning is basically none existant, they tend to be very restrictive in mentorship and human development. A company as big as this mustvhave an inhouse development program as their our of work are jot starndard. Their line of reporting is also not structured thoroughly and that alone tends to cause friction between employees and their managers.

Pros

Salary is a tad above market place

Cons

Long hours, no life, overtime worked is not paid though you are required to work overtime work frequently, Managers can be biased towards employees notnto mention misleading.

Good company to work for - plenty of growth potential

Unitrans is a great company to work for , there is plenty of growth opperturnities .The employer adheres to very strict policies and work ethics and is a recognised brand in the trucking industry.

Pros

plenty of on the job training

Cons

an industry that never sleeps

Work as a team, work as a supervisor,forklift driver ,good relationship with the employers

Me start at unitrans for 10years ,was great too work at unitrans .i was general worker for long time and ,i work what i become there at unitrans.was. at unitrans we work with raw materail too make feed for animals.We off load trucks with diffrent raw material.We have lot of silos there we keep the feed safe .We do railshunting also train trucks that we shunt too be make empty by geneal workers.safety in work place is first piority.We also have train shunters who shunt the train trucks.

Pros

Morning shift starts 06hoo_14h00 and 14h00_23h00

Cons

Day shift 8hours and afternoon shift 9hours

what i excpect from myself on a day of work

a day at work needs to be rewarding and productive. I encourage myself to stay motivated as that way I will always do my best and succeed at what I do. im driven to make a difference & be noticed so I can grow in a company...

Truck driver

I worked 12 hour shifts and services the western cape it a great job and good money with benefits .I left this job because I went through a divorce so I had a drinking problem and lost everything. But this was a great company and good pay all you do is deliver petrol to all the shell garages. Fantastic job with 13th check.

Pros

Braai at the end of the month

Cons

12 hour shifts

Everytime after using it left it clean

Everything in the sight must be up to the date Supply to the customer at an early time Making sure nobody will complain about unitrans Each and every Labour of the company must be early 30min before starting work.

Pros

Tea and lunch

Cons

Over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unitrans. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance