Universal Paper and Plastics
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Universal Paper and Plastics Employee Reviews

South Africa6 reviews

3,2Work-Life Balance

It was nice working there, i even gained work experience

The place is always clean they follow the safety massures, nd their targets are reachable. Your safety it's their priority. What i like there is that they treat all workers the same not looking the colour of the skin

Chemical Engineering Graduate

I have one year experience with Universal Paper and Plastics working as a Senior Tissue Machine Operator. During this experience I was responsible for inspecting the plant to ensure efficient operation of the tissue machine. I was also responsible for troubleshooting duties, regulating flows of pulp stock into machine head boxes and analyzing samples. I have the learning agility and I take what I have learned in the past and put into new experiences. I'm flexible, reliable and always willing to learn.

unrealistic expectations

Family owned business. Very stressful environment with no structures and systems in place. Goal posts always changing, high staff turnover. Autocratic management style.

Constantly expanding and evolving company. Very friendly and technically astute staff compliment. Each day is different from the last in many ways, management keeps you on your toes everyday. They are a passionate bunch who are fixated on excellence, integrity, empowerment & commitment.

Pros

half day fridays

Cons

productive and fun environment

good management lovely and friendly company. Long working hours very challenging at times. Working with different kinds of people and have diverse culture

Productive and always a place where you have to use your head

A typical day at work would always be a very busy and demanding day were everyone needs your services and the things one learns is that one is never to old to learn something new. The management and staff were always friendly and helpful and all co-workers helped each other which made life so much more relaxing.The hardest part of my job was to keep everyone happy and attend all issues in and around the factory and the most enjoyable part of my job was to see the end results of the work being done and to see what one has accomplished.

Pros

Good working enviroment

Cons

Was on standby from time to time

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Universal Paper and Plastics?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Paper and Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,2 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance