University Of Fort Hare

University Of Fort Hare Employee Reviews

South Africa149 reviews
4,0
The University is great place to work at and their is a lot interaction among st students and authority, the experience was eye-opening and good exposure. I really enjoyed interacting with fellow students as a tutor .
Pros
Short hours and educative
Cons
Comptetive
2,0
It is good working at Fort Hare while you are student, it help to get some confidence also some good communication skill towards people. I also think it help students to have confidence on what they want
5,0
Since its a higher institution they act ethical to keep their profile safe then in return employees are well treated and even the salary is fair enough
3,0
I have acquired communication and presentation skills Interpersonal skills as I was dealing with students from different and diverse backgrounds. I have also acquired problem solving skills.
5,0
Paperwork is too much The environment is fast Too much deadlines You have to always be observant of your students Time management isprereqisite Team work at all times
2,0
The hardest part about the job is explaining for the first time to students on how a particular aspect is addressed.I enjoyed seeing progress from them.
4,0
It helped me to grow as an individual and taught me professionalism, it has also taught me people skills and how to engage with people within and out of the work place
4,0
The workplace environment is relaxed, fun yet productive.and there is room to learn more and grow. The job gave me the ability to learn to juggle between schoolwork and tutoring. I enjoyed working there.
3,0
The organization has no job retention strategy and work ethics. Employees are not employed based on merits but on who do you know within the structure of the organization.
5,0
Fort hare university is an academic learning institution. Being a help desk support I have gained much experience in the ICT handling queries and requests of different clients.
5,0
It was a great learning environment I got to put on to practice my IT qualification. The supervisors were excellent to work, I was an intern. If given an opportunity to work the I would grab it with both hands.
5,0
Had a great time working at Fort Hare as a tutor. My life with students and stuff was friendly and I was able to help students to reach their academic goals.
5,0
Setting up for practicals, and coordinating experiments for 2nd year students.I learnt a lot about Molecular biology and working with a team. watching the students grasp whats has been taught was the enjoyable part
4,0
I was a mathematics tutor and it was very nice standing in front of those students. the work culture is so friendly and exciting. The management is also doing its duties professionally.
4,0
Everyone in the office is friendly and willing to help. I have learned that team work is very important and in it one is able to learn about the different types of personalities people have. The hardest part of the job was to explain to the applicants and their parents why the applicant was not accepted at the school and to see the disappointment in their eyes.
Pros
Free lunches during registration period
Cons
Long hours during registration period
5,0
Fort Hare University is the best place to work in to..im very greatfull to start my working experience with them.. i always refence them on my job seeking...
4,0
University of Fort Hare is a great place to be especially for entry level in the workplace, senior management take care of their employees. Good working environment, productivity and there is hope for good future.
2,0
Its a good platform to grow academically but not socially friendly. Lack of stuff support and long working hours. no proper training for stuff and no safety at work
Pros
Free travelings
3,0
I teach English and Mathematics to grade 6 and 7 at Vumile Primary School. I have learned the implementation of curriculum differentiation for inclusivity and learner accommodation. I am able to manage my class and be managed by my senior team at work which consists of HODs, deputy principal and principal. The culture at my school prioritises in the importance of understanding that all learners can learn only if our teaching is flexible and sensitive to different kinds of learners. The hardest part is ensuring that all learners are part of their daily learning. I teach sixty learners in a 60 learners in a class. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing what I was teaching being understood and playing my role in bettering the lives of the learners I teach.
Pros
Unity among the staff members
Cons
Lack of sufficient teacher development programs
2,0
The role is based in Walter Sisulu University, Zamukulungisa Campus. In this role I assist University of Fort Hare Phd students with their PEPCA research projects. This assistance includes data capturing, conducting surveys, collecting and sorting data. Researching articles needed by the students. Core Duties - Data Capturing - Data Collection - Conducting Surveys - Sorting data - Finding research articles - Checking validity of references - Doing transport and accommodation requisitions
5,0
Always productive day. Always busy with projects delegated by the boss. The workplace culture is very friendly and enjoyable. The most enjoyable part is when doing presentations around faculties.
Pros
When it is a colleaugue's birthday.
Cons
Long Hours