University of Johannesburg

University of Johannesburg Employee Reviews

South Africa635 reviews
5,0
The research was conducted to purify water by using one of the specific carbon material. The target contaminant was Chromium (VI). The aim was to use materials that are affordable and environmentally friendly for this process of purification.
5,0
It's a fast growing institution and always adapting to standards and technological advancements. Its a great institution for an individual who's in the early developing stages of their career, a perfect headstart.
5,0
I no longer work at the University, but the position was an innovative and fulfilling one, bringing a corporate approach to academic research. It was well supported by the university hierarchy, and offered a useful means for the faculty to engage with the wider community.
5,0
The environment is safe, secure and friendly to all nations and races. Competent academic teaching skills and punctual behavior is required in accordance with the University of Johannesburg standards. Concise and precise methods of tutoring and marking must be adhered to.
Pros
Working Hours are Flexible
Cons
Deadline is final, no extensions
4,0
I have learned to work as a team for which different solutions, suggestions and idea were put on the table and discussed to choose the best, the remuneration I got was fair.
5,0
I enjoyed working at UJ, the staff in the marketing department are great people and the culture is fast-paced but relaxed. I would recommend working at UJ to anyone looking for an academic career.
3,0
Nepotism and favoritism is the bad habit at this institution otherwise they pay fairly well. There is no talent management and it uses mostly white people as managers even if they don’t qualify by virtue of their skin colour
Pros
Very ambitious institution
Cons
5,0
As part of the volunteer programme I got an opportunity to network with a lot of different people from several different industries and departments. I also retained a lot of essential skills that will no doubt be beneficial to my endeavours.
3,0
Wonderful place to work at. Choosing a better module to Tutor would be best, that way you will earn enough for a good lifestyle. The stuff is friendly but not the students.
4,0
Being a Chemistry tutor and practical demonstrator has taught me discipline and confidence. We were required to assist students in understanding concepts taught and being safe in laboratory environments.
We had to be ready to clearly explain concepts and be punctual when working.

This experience was really convenient. since
3,0
As a student assistant, it allowed me to interact with students from various backgrounds, and different economic conditions, ways of communicating. I also got exposure to academic exposure from a lecture and a student perspective. The difficult part was drawing the line between being emphatic towards a student who is late for the exam and being strict with the rules.
2,0
I always put my self first but not anymore because I have a dependent I feel that I enjoyed the job but now its about time I improve to a better job for a better life ...
3,0
the work i hve been doing as a sport, arts and culture hk is very hard and i think i deserve more then what i get but anyways its all about passion i have for the sport and culture of oppierif residence that motivates me to do more
3,0
Proper and clear lines of reporting
Total Top Management support

Embrace change management /Innovative approach

Proper consultative plan involving stakeholders for buy in

Strive for the creation of the winning culture

Preserve the thinking tanks/not loosing experience

Proper Performance management system
4,0
University of Johannesburg is wonderful institution. Aids individuals to consistently grow and contributing to ones life long learning.

Management was always punctual and served as a cradle of leadership to all irts employees.
3,0
Assist students with their practical problems and explain concepts that they didn't grasp in class. Great management style, no police over your shoulder, and flexible hours
5,0
I work at my own pace aslong as I deliver the results at the end of the day. I tutor students and I am studying towards to become a professional teacher so I am passionate at that therefore I enjoy most working with others in collaboration
4,0
- Busy facilitating sessions on a typical workday
- Learned and developed managerial skills from running practical sessions on my own

- The challenging part of the job is concurrently running practicals single-handedly

- The latter is stressful but enjoyable when everything goes well
5,0
It is interesting at Varsity and performance contract available,evaluate self, opportunity to studies and opportunity to participate in leadership
4,0
Its a good place to work at. Staff is looked after.
Benefits are okay. Flexible hours are allowed when you have an understanding boss.

Financial help when Furthering your studies .
5,0
good conducive environment to collaborate and meet new people and learn how to work in a stressful environment under a limited time period. Enjoyed working in a team
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Johannesburg. Our community is ready to answer.
4,2