University of Johannesburg logo
University of Johannesburg

University of Johannesburg Employee Reviews

Fun and conducive

I enjoyed working there as I was a student and helping other students it was a great opportunity, I would work there again if I got an opportunity. Every moment was a blessing as I loved my work and the management team was very helpful.

fun and supportive environment

great environment to begin work experience as a student and it further grooms and prepares for the work environment u learn from work ethics... professionalism and presence. I the important stages of independence are learned when one becomes a tutor as the sense of responsibility is instilled

Pros

bursary opportunities

Cons

long hours home

Good environment

I had a good time working there. I learned a lot from colleagues and the HOD. I'd definitely take a job there again. It's a healthy environment to be in.

Pros

Some times they let you knock off early

Cons

The salary could have been better

Room for growth

I enjoyed my time at the university, I actually worked all campuses . And all were different and had a particular taste about them. I enjoyed all of them . I would not mind working there again

Pros

Free education

Cons

Student headache

Learning experience

During the course of employment at University of Johannesburg I learned to effectively draft fitness assessments, practically engaging with students or lecturers on various ways to suit their fitness goals.

Pros

Great team work

The University of Johannesburg is very competent

The managers and CEO at the University of Johannesburg are very competent and they take their work seriously. Everyone in the workplace is treated equally and the working environment is safe for all.

Pros

Competence

Cons

Lunch breaks are short

Fun

it was a fun work to do but there was no job security at all, since we had to work around different locations everyday, making survey/ intreviewing residents about their living enviroment and surroundings

Confidence and transparency is important

The tasks were explained( when there was a need ) it was easy to work with people if you know exactly what's required , learning more strategies daily. The biggest experience that gave me confidence to be more out going helped me do my job with love and excitement.

Pros

Learning never stops

Cons

Contract was 10 months

Research on purification of water

The research was conducted to purify water by using one of the specific carbon material. The target contaminant was Chromium (VI). The aim was to use materials that are affordable and environmentally friendly for this process of purification.

Great institution to develop in.

It's a fast growing institution and always adapting to standards and technological advancements. Its a great institution for an individual who's in the early developing stages of their career, a perfect headstart.

ideal academic position

I no longer work at the University, but the position was an innovative and fulfilling one, bringing a corporate approach to academic research. It was well supported by the university hierarchy, and offered a useful means for the faculty to engage with the wider community.

Perfect flexi working hours, however deadlines must be met.

The environment is safe, secure and friendly to all nations and races. Competent academic teaching skills and punctual behavior is required in accordance with the University of Johannesburg standards. Concise and precise methods of tutoring and marking must be adhered to.

Pros

Working Hours are Flexible

Cons

Deadline is final, no extensions

Uj is theme nice environment to be and it's atmosphere is welcoming the work conditions are not tight it is a free spirit place for wat I have experie

I have learned to work as a team for which different solutions, suggestions and idea were put on the table and discussed to choose the best, the remuneration I got was fair.

Great people

I enjoyed working at UJ, the staff in the marketing department are great people and the culture is fast-paced but relaxed. I would recommend working at UJ to anyone looking for an academic career.

UJ pays its employees differently even though they are the same level

Nepotism and favoritism is the bad habit at this institution otherwise they pay fairly well. There is no talent management and it uses mostly white people as managers even if they don’t qualify by virtue of their skin colour

Pros

Very ambitious institution

Cons

It provided a great learning experience

As part of the volunteer programme I got an opportunity to network with a lot of different people from several different industries and departments. I also retained a lot of essential skills that will no doubt be beneficial to my endeavours.

Wonderful experience

Wonderful place to work at. Choosing a better module to Tutor would be best, that way you will earn enough for a good lifestyle. The stuff is friendly but not the students.

Working as a student

Being a Chemistry tutor and practical demonstrator has taught me discipline and confidence. We were required to assist students in understanding concepts taught and being safe in laboratory environments. We had to be ready to clearly explain concepts and be punctual when working. This experience was really convenient. since

Fun workplace

As a student assistant, it allowed me to interact with students from various backgrounds, and different economic conditions, ways of communicating. I also got exposure to academic exposure from a lecture and a student perspective. The difficult part was drawing the line between being emphatic towards a student who is late for the exam and being strict with the rules.

It was fun and better than sitting at home

I always put my self first but not anymore because I have a dependent I feel that I enjoyed the job but now its about time I improve to a better job for a better life ...

Productive and passionate

the work i hve been doing as a sport, arts and culture hk is very hard and i think i deserve more then what i get but anyways its all about passion i have for the sport and culture of oppierif residence that motivates me to do more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Johannesburg. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2