University of Johannesburg

University of Johannesburg Employee Reviews

South Africa628 reviews
5,0
It provided a great learning experience
As part of the volunteer programme I got an opportunity to network with a lot of different people from several different industries and departments. I also retained a lot of essential skills that will no doubt be beneficial to my endeavours.
Wonderful experience
Wonderful place to work at. Choosing a better module to Tutor would be best, that way you will earn enough for a good lifestyle. The stuff is friendly but not the students.
Working as a student
Being a Chemistry tutor and practical demonstrator has taught me discipline and confidence. We were required to assist students in understanding concepts taught and being safe in laboratory environments.
We had to be ready to clearly explain concepts and be punctual when working.

This experience was really convenient. since
Fun workplace
As a student assistant, it allowed me to interact with students from various backgrounds, and different economic conditions, ways of communicating. I also got exposure to academic exposure from a lecture and a student perspective. The difficult part was drawing the line between being emphatic towards a student who is late for the exam and being strict with the rules.
2,0
It was fun and better than sitting at home
I always put my self first but not anymore because I have a dependent I feel that I enjoyed the job but now its about time I improve to a better job for a better life ...
Productive and passionate
the work i hve been doing as a sport, arts and culture hk is very hard and i think i deserve more then what i get but anyways its all about passion i have for the sport and culture of oppierif residence that motivates me to do more
3,0
Unclear reporting lines, interference, lack of management support and undealt issues eminating from merger
Proper and clear lines of reporting
Total Top Management support

Embrace change management /Innovative approach

Proper consultative plan involving stakeholders for buy in

Strive for the creation of the winning culture

Preserve the thinking tanks/not loosing experience

Proper Performance management system
4,0
Educational environment, stimulating and productive.
University of Johannesburg is wonderful institution. Aids individuals to consistently grow and contributing to ones life long learning.

Management was always punctual and served as a cradle of leadership to all irts employees.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University of Johannesburg?
Good workplace
Assist students with their practical problems and explain concepts that they didn't grasp in class. Great management style, no police over your shoulder, and flexible hours
Most enjoyable
I work at my own pace aslong as I deliver the results at the end of the day. I tutor students and I am studying towards to become a professional teacher so I am passionate at that therefore I enjoy most working with others in collaboration
Challenging, fun work experience
- Busy facilitating sessions on a typical workday
- Learned and developed managerial skills from running practical sessions on my own

- The challenging part of the job is concurrently running practicals single-handedly

- The latter is stressful but enjoyable when everything goes well
5,0
productive and user friendly to all staff, innovative leadership, Had an opportunity to be a Union leader and i happened to realize myself
It is interesting at Varsity and performance contract available,evaluate self, opportunity to studies and opportunity to participate in leadership
Good work environment
Its a good place to work at. Staff is looked after.
Benefits are okay. Flexible hours are allowed when you have an understanding boss.

Financial help when Furthering your studies .
productive
good conducive environment to collaborate and meet new people and learn how to work in a stressful environment under a limited time period. Enjoyed working in a team
Supportive team structures
Amazing company to work for and staff development is highly supported. UJ is a fully imaginative, open-minded and courage company which prides itself in co-creating solutions for its community.
5,0
Worked on the afternoon and time management was an essential skill i took from my job.
Seniors were always there to help.

Students made it more enjoyable to work there because they understood me.
5,0
It was an amazing experience at the University of Johannesburg that I had, however maybe they could improve on their procurement procedure.
I had an amazing time there, learnt alot about team work and being flexible.This kind of job required honesty, vigilance, and being in time everytime.
Competetive and relaxed
My work was to offer my assistent to the library users and also the uj staff.This Job helped me to grow professionally and i have learned a lot of this and it had taught me how to deal with people who have different personalities.
Productive and fun
Acting as a point of contact for the students and institution management was stressful and a threat to academics.
Coordinating best people practices and organizational learning and development system was fun.

Ensure Social and Culture policies and procedures are maintained and developed as required had to be productive.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Stressful
Productive and fun workplace
The University of Johannesburg is a fast paced working environment which is highly productive and a fun workplace. The company offers daily challenges.
Productive environment
Managing of call logs on service portal, and telephonic calls.
meeting arrangements and student assistance. New appointments for student assists to help out in the labs.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Johannesburg. Our community is ready to answer.
4,2