University of Johannesburg

University of Johannesburg Employee Reviews

South Africa639 reviews
5,0
During the course of employment at University of Johannesburg I learned to effectively draft fitness assessments, practically engaging with students or lecturers on various ways to suit their fitness goals.
Pros
Great team work
4,0
The managers and CEO at the University of Johannesburg are very competent and they take their work seriously. Everyone in the workplace is treated equally and the working environment is safe for all.
Pros
Competence
Cons
Lunch breaks are short
2,0
it was a fun work to do but there was no job security at all, since we had to work around different locations everyday, making survey/ intreviewing residents about their living enviroment and surroundings
5,0
The tasks were explained( when there was a need ) it was easy to work with people if you know exactly what's required , learning more strategies daily. The biggest experience that gave me confidence to be more out going helped me do my job with love and excitement.
Pros
Learning never stops
Cons
Contract was 10 months
5,0
The research was conducted to purify water by using one of the specific carbon material. The target contaminant was Chromium (VI). The aim was to use materials that are affordable and environmentally friendly for this process of purification.
5,0
It's a fast growing institution and always adapting to standards and technological advancements. Its a great institution for an individual who's in the early developing stages of their career, a perfect headstart.
5,0
I no longer work at the University, but the position was an innovative and fulfilling one, bringing a corporate approach to academic research. It was well supported by the university hierarchy, and offered a useful means for the faculty to engage with the wider community.
5,0
The environment is safe, secure and friendly to all nations and races. Competent academic teaching skills and punctual behavior is required in accordance with the University of Johannesburg standards. Concise and precise methods of tutoring and marking must be adhered to.
Pros
Working Hours are Flexible
Cons
Deadline is final, no extensions
4,0
I have learned to work as a team for which different solutions, suggestions and idea were put on the table and discussed to choose the best, the remuneration I got was fair.
5,0
I enjoyed working at UJ, the staff in the marketing department are great people and the culture is fast-paced but relaxed. I would recommend working at UJ to anyone looking for an academic career.
3,0
Nepotism and favoritism is the bad habit at this institution otherwise they pay fairly well. There is no talent management and it uses mostly white people as managers even if they don’t qualify by virtue of their skin colour
Pros
Very ambitious institution
5,0
As part of the volunteer programme I got an opportunity to network with a lot of different people from several different industries and departments. I also retained a lot of essential skills that will no doubt be beneficial to my endeavours.
3,0
Wonderful place to work at. Choosing a better module to Tutor would be best, that way you will earn enough for a good lifestyle. The stuff is friendly but not the students.
4,0
Being a Chemistry tutor and practical demonstrator has taught me discipline and confidence. We were required to assist students in understanding concepts taught and being safe in laboratory environments. We had to be ready to clearly explain concepts and be punctual when working. This experience was really convenient. since
3,0
As a student assistant, it allowed me to interact with students from various backgrounds, and different economic conditions, ways of communicating. I also got exposure to academic exposure from a lecture and a student perspective. The difficult part was drawing the line between being emphatic towards a student who is late for the exam and being strict with the rules.
2,0
I always put my self first but not anymore because I have a dependent I feel that I enjoyed the job but now its about time I improve to a better job for a better life ...
3,0
the work i hve been doing as a sport, arts and culture hk is very hard and i think i deserve more then what i get but anyways its all about passion i have for the sport and culture of oppierif residence that motivates me to do more
3,0
Proper and clear lines of reporting Total Top Management support Embrace change management /Innovative approach Proper consultative plan involving stakeholders for buy in Strive for the creation of the winning culture Preserve the thinking tanks/not loosing experience Proper Performance management system
4,0
University of Johannesburg is wonderful institution. Aids individuals to consistently grow and contributing to ones life long learning. Management was always punctual and served as a cradle of leadership to all irts employees.
3,0
Assist students with their practical problems and explain concepts that they didn't grasp in class. Great management style, no police over your shoulder, and flexible hours
5,0
I work at my own pace aslong as I deliver the results at the end of the day. I tutor students and I am studying towards to become a professional teacher so I am passionate at that therefore I enjoy most working with others in collaboration