University of Kwazulu-Natal

University of Kwazulu-Natal Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & Benefits

productive

We work as a team and there is much we learnt, helping students is a most interesting part of the Job. Time management is very important when you are working especial with academics.

Pros

own lunch

Cons

short hours

Fast paced and competitive work environment

Working as a teaching assistant was often very stressful, you are required to work without supervision. The job involved working at several after hour functions that were not included in the paid working hours. The job also required doing a lot of work after hours at home.

Cons

After hour functions that are not included in paid working hours.

Working hours

Working at this company has taught me alot including good communication,Respecting my job and my colleagues,going extra mile for my job. And the working hours were good

Productive and Challenging

Challenging, Good communication, Teamwork, Punctuality and Time management. Working on a good and safety environment. Communication was very crucial.

A challenging work environment

You can work happily here providing you don’t mind the pressure of completing research whilst engaging in teaching and learning. Salary will never rival the private sector so go in with eyes wide open on that score. 😐

more knowlegde

its was more of representation work that i have done as an undergraduate but this time i was the one demonstrating and assisting, its was a short experience

A workplace that is goal driven with people who can work together and also with fun and joy

I am an individual who is passionate about work and is hardworking. I believe that anyone can perform any kind of work all is needed is a skill of hardworking, being enthusiastic and willing to work extra hours to complete the required work.

Pros

Long hour breaks and clean working place

Cons

Rude clients

I need to grow from my work and face new challenges. i have work in a same company for a long period of time with no growth. Change is good. The culture is good and environment is good. I work with different type of race which is very nice get to learn different races

Pros

1 hour

Cons

non

Work

The work was fun and enjoyable. My knowledge on residence time and reactors operation were refreshed. This did not only benefit the student but also benefited the tutors.

Pros

Free time, learning experience

Cons

- Experience of working in a University (Tertiary institution) was enriching - Supervisors are humble, cultured and nurture a work environment that, despite our mutli-cultural backgrounds leaves one wishing they had always worked here. - The environment has given me exposure to new technologies and greater computer skill. - The people and the end of a hard days work with great collegues makes my work enjoyable, but that is dampened at the end of the month by the meager salary.

Pros

I enjoyed free lunches, free tea

Cons

small salary

Jobs at University of Kwazulu-Natal

See more jobs

Fun and productive place

Lots of free time and development of time management skills as well as many interactive opportunities such as seminars and workshops to build connections.

Pros

lots of free time

Cons

Management issues

Enjoyed everymoment

The work place was fine and i found it good enough. the communications between the supervisors and the workers was fine however i could feel some pressure at work.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Its good environment to work for there is growth and humanness and management is taking care of it staff. there is warmth its like one happy family.

Pros

Not enough lunch

Cons

long hours some times

Very motivational environment.

The working environment is very motivating. It is extremely administratively organised and encouraging. The job expects you to do exactly what you signed up for in the contract, and nothing more. I loved It!

Pros

Amazing staff interaction, friendly, professional, caring.

Cons

Little monthly salary.

Very productive

I enjoy working in UKZN. The salary is not bad and working condition is good. The workplace is also good. They provide the working timetable which convenient for workers

Challenging but enjoyable

The hardest part of the job was time management as I was a student, but had the supervisors an enjoyable work environment as they were always accessible.

Pros

Good work environment

Cons

This was a productive and fun workplace for someone who has never worked before. The programme coordinator was a professional individual, and it was great to work with him

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Good company to work fore if your permanent

Good company to work for if your employed, the benefits are standard , but if you a contract you don't know your future, poor decision making and planning when contracts have to be renewed in time.only have experience in support services not academic

Pros

free lunch on training and long hours

Cons

contracts not renewed in time for temporary staff

Very conducive day and productive

flexible hour good staff very high technological communication short addressing meetings Working with different people has groomed me to adjust and accommodate people of different nature, abilities and temper. It has gave me an opportunity to know and figure out mt streanghts and weakness as far as the period I stayed in this company as concerned.

Pros

good salary

Cons

over marking

Tranquil, productive and challenging.

The workplace was conducive and was filled with very helpful people, however, as a biologist you spend very long hours at still positions with very little movement. This does not bother me very much anymore as I have gotten used to it. Being in the same position for hours has also taught me to be patient and breath deeply in an attempt to calm myself down and think thoroughly about my life and career.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Being stationary for very long hours when working the microscope.

great working environment

job and work life somewhat balance since i resided on campus during the course of my job, salary benefits are not really good, i have alot of needs and need assistance from time to time,good advancement and management with a positive working culture.

Pros

caring and loving

Cons

too crowded

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Kwazulu-Natal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• University of Kwazulu-Natal