University of Kwazulu-Natal

University of Kwazulu-Natal Work-Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & Benefits

Opportunity for career growth

Excellent place for Career growth and personal development. Highly recommended for young researchers who need mentors. Especially if you want to make impact in your field of specialisation.

Good environment

Excellent working environment. Needs better procedures for student development after graduating but all in all the atmosphere is good and the people are approachable

Great work experience

Always be willing to learn and work your socks off. It's not an easy environment but the other staff is friendly they make sure that you feel comfortable on your work place

Productive and Fund

A typical day is very tasking with a lot of demand to meet up with. However it is always filled with enjoyable day and fund on the job. I also always learn to be ontop of my job, and be in charge of my job and delievering all the output required.

Productive and fun

Working at University of KwaZulu Natal was rewarding. There is a lot of room to allow people grow and maximize their potential. Salaries are also paid on time so workers are not stressed up financially. the management is very effective and they have a great workplace culture.

Pros

Fun

Great place to work at

Ukzn has a lovely environment, a great culture and wodernful staff who help in one's skills growth and offers a great place to grow your academic skills while helping others.

Overall a good workplace

UKZN has its ups and downs. Your growth and development is based on who you work under and/ or mentored by. Some staff do not like to share their knowledge or assist, whereas others do so freely.

Great intergration poor growth in future independance of interns

The company Has a good program of integrating its own students into employment. However, Empowerment of employees is only for that of permanent staff.

Pros

short hours and autonomy

Cons

Lack of Job security for low possitions

formative and educational experience

Lecturers and the management were the best, there more you engage with students, there more you enhance your teaching skills and learning more new things. Undergraduate can be handful and playful at times but i always remind them about the main reason of being in University and they start to behave

Pros

gaining knowledge

Cons

long hours of tutoring

It is not bad

I am not complaining about any conditions there, so it is fine, the environment is not harsh things are balanced. They pay attention to issues that arise.

Pros

Few hours

Cons

None I can think off

Jobs at University of Kwazulu-Natal

See more jobs

Productive workplace

Very Good Institution with good facilities for research and a conducive environment for work life balance since there are gyms and sporting opportunities

Pros

Accomodation

Cons

Out of Town

I need to grow from my work and face new challenges. i have work in a same company for a long period of time with no growth. Change is good. The culture is good and environment is good. I work with different type of race which is very nice get to learn different races

Pros

1 hour

Cons

non

Intellectually stimulating environment

I developed so much a researcher, and it allowed me to shape my report writing skills. Thought provoking and always made you think outside the box. Data collection and analysis was the norm.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Long hours at times

Work

The work was fun and enjoyable. My knowledge on residence time and reactors operation were refreshed. This did not only benefit the student but also benefited the tutors.

Pros

Free time, learning experience

productive and fun workplace

The environment is great students there don't look down on me as an assistance they are very helpful especially because there are things I was not familiar with especially when it comes to typing assignment for the student I was assisting so they will help me with the guidelines for the assignments and how do I get certain information for that particular assignment. the staff there was very patient because they understood the position we were in. The lectures always asked me if I'm still following. It was only hard because we would work even at night to make sure that we are not left behind on her school work.

Cons

It was a good experience

I learnt a lot. I had a good time. Met new friends, who I am proud to call family. Lectures are so professional and love their work Thank you UKZN for everything. Till we meet again.

Workplace Life

The University os a highly diverse environment where cultures meet and a promotion of great collegiality. The management style is promotes innovation and growth of staff.

Pros

High standard

Cons

pressure to meet standard

Productive and conducive

The management is very good and most enjoyable environment to learn and gain experience. However, the most challenging thing is working with first level undergraduate students who are not exposed to the methods and lab apparatus

Cons

Productive and a fun workplace

checking up for errors that may be in the files you are going to capture entering patient files into a database cleaning data towards end of your shift

Pros

Opportunity for studying

Fun and productive place

Lots of free time and development of time management skills as well as many interactive opportunities such as seminars and workshops to build connections.

Pros

lots of free time

Cons

Management issues

Enjoyed everymoment

The work place was fine and i found it good enough. the communications between the supervisors and the workers was fine however i could feel some pressure at work.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Kwazulu-Natal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• University of Kwazulu-Natal