UNIVERSITY OF LIMPOPO

UNIVERSITY OF LIMPOPO Employee Reviews

South Africa150 reviews
3,0
The working environment was relaxed and easy to adapt to. It is culturally based and has various ethnic groups. Working conditions were great but lacked technological facilities. It was explorative and taught me a lot of things.
4,0
Be willing and eager to learn and grow in your area of expertise, university of Limpopo creates that environment for growth. Although it's an academic field that most would find competitive, it is a good place to start and gain experience.
5,0
typical day at work included only a few days in lecture halls and more alone doing extensive researchin preparation for the next lecture. invigilating
5,0
I was a student economic student association and centre for student counselling and development was extra curriculum activities i was involved during my studies as a student
5,0
1. The hours are good but it would be great if we would adhere to them.
2. Preparation for meeting should be done before the meeting not on the time of the meeting,
4,0
The working environment is conducive, senior personnel friendly and fair. On a typical day I would do electronic skills assessment, book necessary venues and accommodation for training. I have advanced my microsoft office skills, time management and learned year planning as well as arranging interviews for new vacancies. The work place culture includes being humble and respectful to fellow colleagues. Celebration of colleagues birthdays and teambuilding was the most memorable moments. The most difficult part about the job was to receive wages two months late.
3,0
It is relaxed and productive the management promotes growth and they are not fussy. One can actually learn a lot and grow if you are looking to advance in research and teaching and learning. I liked most about my job was that I was given time and space to work with minimal supervision
5,0
Working at the University of Limpopo(UL) its interesting and funny since you meet people from different cultural background that have different beliefs and cultural norms therefore during the time at UI learned to be patient when working with people and to work hard in order achieve the best result.
5,0
Working at the laboratory at the university of Limpopo was fulfilling and opened more opportunities for me . I was able to work with a team of colleagues that were work oriented and goal focused.
4,0
I was helping the students to perform various practicals on their daily basis. We would arrive an hour before to make sure the equipment and the chemicals are well placed.It was hard when we had to study so that we can answer the students accordingly when they ask questions more especially because i was still a student my self. what i have learned is to work with people, and to always be active and ready to answer questions.
2,0
I think the issue here was just undermining other colleagues specifically new colleagues like me and that led to people like me being under paid but doing the most,
3,0
I was working as a part time and doing 72 hours per month. A typical day will include teaching and student clinic supervision. The university has a collaborative culture. The was no hardest part of my job since I enjoyed it. Everything about my job.
5,0
Student studying chemistry, but have never worked in a field related to chemistry. Very disciplined. Dedicated to learn more and expand my knowledge in the chemistry industry. Majoring in biochemistry, and will also like to learn more in a workplace about biochemistry, and it will be a privilege to find a space that will expose me to both chemistry and biochemistry techniques.
5,0
It was good to be working at University of Limpopo. It is indeed a good place one would like to work at.People are working together to achieve good results.
2,0
This was a student job. Helps to settle fees however it's a stepping stone to expirience how the work environment feels like and learn to report to someone.
5,0
It was good working there as i have learned many things about laboratory work and chemical analysis. The management was very encouraging every day and they taught me lot of things. i mostly enjoyed when i had to prepare solutions and demonstrate practicals for first-year students
1,0
The working culture for me needed to be worked on so that we all benefit and not only certain individual.i taught modules I never trained for. I was never inducted in to the institution even after several attempts to do do.
I totally felt I am not coping with the learn as you go mentality that prevailed there. However. Finally as my specialization space started I was burnt out. I chose to leave. Rest for three months and being to look for the job I love most.
5,0
Learned general skills, admin, computing and leadership. worked with residence managers to maintain building safety and coordination between people. working at this company has been a wonderful journey.
4,0
It has the most dedicated workers who are willing to help students in building their experience and expertise. Build team work, time management skills and experience with science field.
Pros
Hands on practical experience
Cons
3,0
You have to plan your schedule and set targets for yourself. As a new organization it had a lot of challenges requiring learning on your toes with no proper structure. In other words it was a space of an employee to be part of formulating proper working structure and constantly monitoring and evaluating progress.
4,0
this working environment with different students of different ethics, bring confidence and ethical exposure to the assistants. the self esteem is developed daily.