UNIVERSITY OF LIMPOPO
UNIVERSITY OF LIMPOPO Employee Review

It is a great working space

3,0
23 March 2020
The working environment was relaxed and easy to adapt to. It is culturally based and has various ethnic groups. Working conditions were great but lacked technological facilities. It was explorative and taught me a lot of things.
3,0Work/Life Balance
4,0
10 January 2018
Same roleSame location
junior lecturer (Former Employee) - turfloop, mankweng
very organised workplace with things always planned ahead. diverse and group of people who work there; very safe environment, easy to navigate around the buildings.
3,0
22 November 2017
Same role
Junior lecturer and Lecturer (Former Employee) - Polokwane, Limpopo
Lecturer in Agricultural economics and researcher in rural development projects especially farming projects. Involved with various community development projects.
Pros
Opportunity for improving qualifications
Cons
Student protests
4,0
12 November 2020
Sport Officer (Former Employee) - Makweng, Limpopo
I had a nice time there, learnt a lot from different cultures in the university community and how they do things. As an outsider from the province I had to learn quickly to adjust to their way of doing things and also introduce new things from my experience and bring change where necessary. Basically, I had to balance things between students, staff and outside community. Overall, it was a good experience for me and I achieved my goals with limited resources and financial support.
Pros
Long Holidays
Cons
Long hours, no payment for overtime.