UNIVERSITY OF LIMPOPO

UNIVERSITY OF LIMPOPO Employee Reviews in Pretoria, Gauteng

I would like to work at a place where there is productivity and enjoyable, I worked multiple positions, training, coordinator and manager. You cant choose a culture at a workplace you simply learn the culture of the people you work with. There is no hardest part in a job, cause you simply go along with your work no matter how hard it is. Is to know your job very well and get along with your fellow workers
Pros
what ever is offered is ok
Cons
anything is fine
fun work to do and easy to do dealing with student one on one learning medical terms
Pros
learning a lot from the work itself
Cons
the work is part time
My day at work is attending events to brand and cover the event for a story or article, liaise with students including matriculants. The hardest part is coleagues maintaining proffessionalism in the workplace.
Pros
Travel allowance, sometimes free lunch.
Cons
Not enough leave hours allcated to us
Working here is a bit of fun, but hectic work especially dealing with students from a variety of background and culture (international students). Ofcourse any engagement with different people in the workplace exposes one to additional skills and an accomodative nature of approach to issues within his environment.
Pros
support for personal development
Cons
too much work
A typical day will start at 7:30 directly in the lab. Checking the previous day work before checking emails and start with the work itself. At 10 am we have tea time and lunch at 12 pm. Depending on my availability, I will join my colleagues and that's where u share and learned from others work and spirit. The Head of Department himself is so friendly that it is difficult for an outsider to identify him as such. He is easily approachable and always willing to help beside his tight schedule. Intercommunication is mostly done via emails.The hardest part of the job will be when the work doesn't allow you to have a break and make you leave 2 or 3 hours after closing hours.The most enjoyable part will be the birthday celebrations at work, achieving good results and of course brilliantly completing your work. It is important to work as a family!
Pros
family spirit
Cons
overwork