UNIVERSITY OF LIMPOPO
3,9 out of 5 stars.

UNIVERSITY OF LIMPOPO Employee Reviews for Student Assistant

University of Limpopo is an Academic Institute that offer a degree to diverse students including international and students with disabilities. Working at Marketing department it has been productive and I have enjoyed it.
Pros
Work Experience and Payment
Cons
Long Hours and Sometimes too much workload that had to be done
Working at university of limpopo , I learned and gained so much skills and knowledge through research and student practicals and interacting with them.
Pros
sometimes in meeting there is free food
Cons
the working environment was excellent. i leaned to work under pressure, team management and punctuality enjoyed setting up experimental equipment. i worked with students doing their first year in chemistry, teaching them the experimental procedure was the best part of this job because along the lines i also learnt a few things. i acquired good communication skills and team work.
Pros
self evaluation
Cons
short breaks
Working with Students was quite an exciting experience since I was passing on my knowledge to those who needed to learn and i also learned a lot from them since i could learn to to help others with what I know. Making friends at work place is fun because you learn new things from them and about yourself
Pros
Fun
Cons
Few hours
Starting thee position at the University was very challenging and intimidating but with the joint efforts of the very patient and knowledgeable supervisor an environment of student building and exposure to work was created. A typical day at work involved continuous interactions with students and lecturers, handling projects given out to us and helping out students in a tutorial session. Doing this of-cause entailed quite a lot of time management skills and discipline to see the time plans through. The people i worked with were mostly people that were doing the job for a second term, meaning they were more experienced and had time plans in motion already so they helped me with the adaptation. The hardest part of the job was when we had very tight dead lines with schoolwork and marking at the same time which meant staying behind very late and working over night. The most enjoyable part of the job was exposure to multiple personalities and the preference that was given to the student assistants when special events are hosted in the school.
Pros
Admittance to University events
Cons
Time demanding
University of limpopo is a worker friendly environment and it poses lots of possibilities it is helpful to work with people around here, the job expose lot of pressure but it is beneficial as you learn more and gain knowledge.
Pros
Finance to settle academic fees
Cons
Long hours and few assistances in mass of students
a typical day would be before the undergraduate students writes their assessment because thereis a lot of work to be done: seating arrangements, counting and making sure every student is on the list, arranging the papers and so forth. typically being pro-active is a necessity in the work place and synergising is crucial with co-workers to execute tasks and effectively so. i have a very good relationship with my co-worker as we share knowledge thus we are creative in what we are tasked to execute. learning to do things quickly because of deadlines and we are timely pressed: its all about now and productivity. the most interesting part of my job is that i get free lessons and mentorship from my employers as they timely give insight of what they are expected to accomplish and how as assistants we are suppose to help and how to execute tasks effectively and creatively. they mentor me about the pros and cons of being an academia who everyone is expecting to be an expert in whatever he/she does. i love learning new tricks thus challenges are just motivators to be more effective than the current state.
Pros
free mentorship from my employers
Cons
focus on one thing which is my job description