UNIVERSITY OF LIMPOPO

UNIVERSITY OF LIMPOPO Employee Reviews for Tutor

I worked there as a tutor and that was the most enjoyable job I could ever do, being able to assist students with their practicals. That was the most needed exposure one could ever get.
typical day at work included only a few days in lecture halls and more alone doing extensive researchin preparation for the next lecture. invigilating
Working at the University of Limpopo(UL) its interesting and funny since you meet people from different cultural background that have different beliefs and cultural norms therefore during the time at UI learned to be patient when working with people and to work hard in order achieve the best result.
I think the issue here was just undermining other colleagues specifically new colleagues like me and that led to people like me being under paid but doing the most,
Tutoring undergraduate students with maths and applied mathematics. Assisting with tutorial and marking quiz and invigilating during test. Assisting lectures with counting script
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
University of Limpopo is an institution that focuses on student excellence.There is a vast majority of causes that one can take up to assist in their future activities.
Pros
Good place to study
Cons
long distance from home
The organisation is reputable although the salary is the most discouraging factor, the overall culture of the company is people driven and there is room for growth.
Pros
Room for personal growth
Cons
Very low salary
i would tutor Principle of Finance to 2nd year students and Marketing Management ro 3rd year marketing management for 1hour 20min each. I prepared my lessons prior and would research on relevant examples for students. i have learned to be patient, and make students be confident and ask question when they did not understand. i learned from my students, as they learned from me. i learned to communicate in an intelligent manner and also assists students that were not intellectually privileged as others. The hardest part about the job was students calling me late at night to ask questions and guidance. The most enjoyable part of the job was embarking the knowledge i have to the students.
Pros
Interactions during lectures
Cons
Marking for long hours
typical day- working, preparation for a class, marking concept test, lecturing. l have learnt ways of getting updated in the academic life as well as how to use blackboard, projectors and printers.
Pros
Sporting
A typical day at work included me setting up practical sessions, marking practical reports and invigilating tests with colleagues who were also students and a lecturer who was responsible for the course. The hardest part I would say was having to tend to some responsibilities while I had my own schoolwork to do. The most enjoyable part was being given the opportunity to impart what I had learned to other students and also learn new things from these practical sessions.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Being called out of schedule to work
the university of Limpopo is a wonderful environment to be in, it consists of different people from different areas around the world, it is an environment of cohession, togetherness and bond and after all it is a very fun place to be in
Pros
many educational functions and free lunches
Cons
long lines
this work was an eye opener, especially for life and professionallity since you work by people and not just bt mostly my peers, i learned alot especially with how to do research, communite professionally, my co-workers were nice and helpful and made me fell appreciated in the workplace and are also hard workers, the hardest part of this work is when you supposed to mark many scripts within a week while you have to write your own tests, lastlty the most enjoyable part of my work is tutoring and invigilating
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Every day was a typical to me, lot of paper work and assisting students with different problems. Hard work brings new hidden abilities in human life , most of the things I did were completely new and sometimes I did not believe I was the one doing the job. Managing daily work activities start with good time planning and excellent communications with co-workers. Being open to share ideas makes the work place to feel like home, more especially when you assist other co-workers when they need help. Also doing someone’s job when they are committed to personal issues brings this confidence in you. Working after hours more especially on weekends and also when you need assistant form people only to find that they are not available. Giving the lecture and assisting student was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Lot of paper work
I enjoyed everyday at work , students are the worst and greatest people to be around
Cons
A typical day at work 1. i get to work at 7H30 everyday and i plan and prepare for my tutorials for two hours and sit in for consultations for 3 hours then have lunch and after lunch sit in for second part of consultation the at 14H00 i go for my tutorial lesson What i learned i learned more about the courses i am tutoring i have learned to tolerate different personalities i have improved my communication skills and public speaking Co-workers i dont have any relationship with my co-workers apart from professional relationship i feel it is better that way hardest part of the job dealing with students that are in class just to prove me wrong or students that aren't interested to be in the tutorials most enjoyable part of the job interacting with students on a personal basis after classes and talking about life in general
Pros
having to wake up for something
Cons
No growth( Repetitive work)
It was a good working environment. Everyone was supportive and very helpful.
Pros
support
Cons
not enough pay