UNIVERSITY OF LIMPOPO

UNIVERSITY OF LIMPOPO Employee Reviews

I had a nice time there, learnt a lot from different cultures in the university community and how they do things. As an outsider from the province I had to learn quickly to adjust to their way of doing things and also introduce new things from my experience and bring change where necessary. Basically, I had to balance things between students, staff and outside community. Overall, it was a good experience for me and I achieved my goals with limited resources and financial support.
Pros
Long Holidays
Cons
Long hours, no payment for overtime.
this working environment with different students of different ethics, bring confidence and ethical exposure to the assistants. the self esteem is developed daily.
I was a student at that time. It was fun, my boss was everything. She understood us and our reasoning. It was all about experience and she mentored us very well.
Pros
experience
Cons
Good working standards, gained a lot of experience and new skills. The duration of my work was worth it and recommend it to those seeking new and want to improve their experience
Pros
gain experience
Cons
Working at the university of Limpopo has greatly built my experience in terms of research managing my time accordingly, it has grown my self esteem especially given that it was my first official job. Working with topics that I previously studied at the post-graduate level greatly made the job relevant and easy. The workplace culture is relatively relaxing which can be dangerous for someone without any ambition in life.
Pros
Support for employees that want to study further
Cons
working with large number of students
Tutoring undergraduate students with maths and applied mathematics. Assisting with tutorial and marking quiz and invigilating during test. Assisting lectures with counting script
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
University of Limpopo is an Academic Institute that offer a degree to diverse students including international and students with disabilities. Working at Marketing department it has been productive and I have enjoyed it.
Pros
Work Experience and Payment
Cons
Long Hours and Sometimes too much workload that had to be done
If you work for short hours then you earn less. though I was a student so, I wouldn't compare it with the p0eople who were working permanent there. so I was just assisting.
Pros
free trips
Cons
late earning
Fun and I got to learn everyday and I think I come with more knowledge.My mathematical skills improved. I got to increase my working ethics I also developed good communication skills and gained confidence towards interaction
Pros
Free consulting classes
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UNIVERSITY OF LIMPOPO?
I worked there as a tutor and that was the most enjoyable job I could ever do, being able to assist students with their practicals. That was the most needed exposure one could ever get.
I was reporting the problems of the floor that i was staying at, like the toilet has blocked. i was telling the cleaners to make sure that the floor was always clean for hygiene purposes.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too many meetings
Working at university of limpopo , I learned and gained so much skills and knowledge through research and student practicals and interacting with them.
Pros
sometimes in meeting there is free food
Cons
You learn to interact with people and it helps in getting to know new things. I have gained knowledge in office work. I really enjoyed my time in the gym and i wish i was still an assistant.
Pros
Free gym time
Cons
Exhausting
Great opportunities for development of institution, others and self. Unfortunate inconsistent management styles direct and indirect affect willing hard-workers. Have potential to be one of the best institution. The Department I lead was great, fun, educational, hardworking and progressive.THE TEAM ALWAYS STRIVE TO REACH TARGETS ON TIME AND SUCCEEDED UNDER STRESSFUL CONDITIONS. Parallel Department Heads who cooperated were great to work with. Visionary Counsel and Board Members were in contact and supportive. I would love to still give back to the institution under an improved and visionary leadership.
Pros
Visible areas of intervention through fundraising
Cons
Rigid and slow decision makers
Ever since I was a child I wanted to know why things happen, especially concerning the surrounding nature. To nurse my inquisitiveness I took a teaching assistant job while I'm doing my masters degree. I enjoy enjoy the work because it built my self confidence by standing infront of people and I see different things everyday, by that I'm learning. I wake up early in the morning some days and work long hours which is sometimes hard because I have to compromise my academic work by helping others, but I always prioritize and balance my work all time.
Pros
Gaining experience and learning new things everyday
Cons
Long hours and hard labours.
I enjoyed specially the tutorials, where I had to assist other student who had analytical challenges and it was an awesome experience for me. I learned how complex problems can have different solutions.
Management always come to the laboratories and classes to check if: Classes are conducive for teaching and learning. Most of the things are done electronically. Management give their full support to their subordinates.
I like sharing my mathematical skills to learners in a way so that they can understand and cope. I like a safe and colaborative environment with the view to better perfomance of students.
Pros
when necessary
Cons
I cope for long hours depending on the nature of the lesson, but there must be a break in betweeb to give learners to refresh their mind.
during my time as a lab assistant at the university of Limpopo, i learned to work as group and always rely on myself. punctuality is the main priority in any working field.
Pros
gaining ex[perience
Cons
not getting paid accordingly
i learned communication skills listening to other people i learned team work i learned how to manage time and how to multitask as well as creative thinking.i enjoyed being around my peers sharing the knowledge that i have and assist them with their school work i like dealing with challenges and provide solution
Pros
voluntered
Cons
normal hours
Working at this company enables one to interact with people from different cultures and backgrounds. The hardest part of it is dealing with students but the challenge is worth it because one gets to learn how to be patient and accommodating. I have acquired effective communication skills and my manager is a person who is so warm and kind. We are a team of students with different languages and backgrounds but we work as a family. What I love most about my job is having to stand in front of students and teach while having fun.
Pros
Free and fun environment
Cons
Less money and hours