University of Pretoria

University of Pretoria Employee Reviews

Just about UP

I enjoyed working at UP, no place is perfect - it had its own weaknesses but I now miss UP. If it were up to me, I would come back. I miss their eagerness to improve.

Produective fun

Produective fun,The people are incredibly supportive and management truly cares about their employees.pper management and the way we worked was poor. After being there for a couple years management completely changed from the top down. However, the overall job for us has remained the same

Pros

Produective fun

Cons

Produective fun

It was a life experience, fun an educative would love to get parment there

Working at UP was one of the best achievement for me, learning different culture, people an personalities really helped me, their building are amazing

Pros

Lots of charity activities

Cons

Non for me

Productive and well educated people

Job was good however the consultation hours where alot and sometimes you have long line of people waiting to consult on the same thing but had to see them one by one.

Pros

Free office supplies

Cons

Small office

productive and fun work place

Productive working environment with all the necessary support from colleagues and management. It is quite a challenging and exciting work place with opportunities of collaborations nationally and international. The level of research is world class.

Pros

Flexitime

Very demanding

Helping with students during the pandemic very quickly went above and beyond the work in the job description. Teaching is always a great opportunity to help the next generation but the nominal hours and the amount of work I did not not match up at all.

Learning and friendly work environment

You deal with people daily and this assists in consumer engagement and communication skills. There’s teamwork and there’s friendly employees. Would recommend working there

Pros

Good Salary

Cons

work product are essential to the mission of the University of Pretoria. Improper work performed were properly addressed. The University requires su

On my first day I was happy welcomed by peers and management over a cup of coffee and biscuits. I really like how they do their work, hands-on and security is also wonderful. the harder part of the job you have to do the allocated tasks on the identified time and get done correctly. However, they are patient to take you along until they see you doing everything correctly on your own. the most enjoyable part of the job was to engage on various ad numerous activities especially research. meeting with local and external stakeholders. This was beautiful. After work you keep your mind busy conceptualizing on different themes and contextualizing with other peers.

Pros

written and verbal communication, easy to engage with other cultures understand the languages

The workplace was amazing and the people too.

Since I was only in charge of social media, my job was to submit all social media related tasks on time for approval but all the people I worked with were nice and I enjoyed working with them everyday.

Pros

Very nice workplace

Excellent experience

The university of pretoria wellcomes approximately 8-10 thousand students yearly.... Being in such a environment one has to be polite and Suttle with the new clients. Every new student is considered a client to the university of pretoria therefore one has to uphold the standards of the university at its highest at all times to ensure the parents and the students they at the right company

Pros

Excellent pay, good management

Cons

Working as a student at the university was really helpful as you learn how to help others while also studying.

I worked flexible hours. And I really enjoyed my time there. Basically my job description was having to prepare to help students solve their problems. Sort of guide them Towards the solution.

It's a great research & technical environment

I was employed as a practical training student in the research field. I was able to publish a journal paper as a result of the work I was doing. The working environment is great for hardworkers and those who are looking for professional growth.

Pros

Great growth enieienvironment

Cons

Limited industrial experience accumulation

Productive and fun

I HAVE LEARNED TO INTERACT WITH DIFFEENT PEOPLE AS THERE are different stidents i distribute the papers to. the workplace is nice and clean and it is good for relaxing

Job experience

It is a great institution to work for. They have a great working environment which is fair and efficient.The staff of the institution are always willing to help with any enquires.

Flexible working hours all year round

This was a part time position where I was involved with teaching, mentoring and coaching students. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with demotivated students and dealing with the remnants of the legacy of apartheid in the workplace.

Pros

Flexibility, room for further personal growth and development

Cons

Race politics are deeply entrenched in the system

Good good space

Colleagues were friendly whilst the work space was well organised and neat. The laboratory practicals were well thought out. All required information was easily accessible.

Rigid . Slow paced transformation...

Great facilities and resources but employee wellness need to be taken seriously. On the issue of benefits and reduction of employee attrition...instead of promising the employees that should they die..you will give their beneficiaries up to 7 times their annual salary.How does that decision assist the employee's financial situation at present? Why can't you give the seventh annual salary to the employee while still alive...Ijoh!

Productive and fun place to work

I gave me a bit of extra income during my study period. It also cemented my knowledge on the wide range of topics that i assisted on. Had 6 hours per week and this was sufficient for my needs

Great place

top university and the largest contact university in South Africa. We produce socially impactful research to find solutions for the world’s most pressing issues.

Productive, calm and challenging work space.

You are guaranteed to grow both professionally and socially. Contributing to student development gives self fulfillment. You have access to facilities that contribute to your continuous career development.

Collaborative and Diverse Workplace

Being a Language and Study Skills tutor gave me invaluable experience and learning opportunities. Even though the work load was heavy and we had to work hard to meet deadlines, the collaborative spirit between all staff members, regardless of rank, made this a very positive experience for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Pretoria. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• University of Pretoria