University of Pretoria
Coronavirus update

University of Pretoria Employee Reviews

South Africa357 reviews
5,0
Since I was only in charge of social media, my job was to submit all social media related tasks on time for approval but all the people I worked with were nice and I enjoyed working with them everyday.
Pros
Very nice workplace
5,0
The university of pretoria wellcomes approximately 8-10 thousand students yearly.... Being in such a environment one has to be polite and Suttle with the new clients. Every new student is considered a client to the university of pretoria therefore one has to uphold the standards of the university at its highest at all times to ensure the parents and the students they at the right company
Pros
Excellent pay, good management
4,0
I worked flexible hours. And I really enjoyed my time there. Basically my job description was having to prepare to help students solve their problems. Sort of guide them Towards the solution.
4,0
I was employed as a practical training student in the research field. I was able to publish a journal paper as a result of the work I was doing. The working environment is great for hardworkers and those who are looking for professional growth.
Pros
Great growth enieienvironment
Cons
Limited industrial experience accumulation
5,0
I HAVE LEARNED TO INTERACT WITH DIFFEENT PEOPLE AS THERE are different stidents i distribute the papers to.
the workplace is nice and clean and it is good for relaxing
5,0
It is a great institution to work for.
They have a great working environment which is fair and efficient.The staff of the institution are always willing to help with any enquires.
3,0
This was a part time position where I was involved with teaching, mentoring and coaching students. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with demotivated students and dealing with the remnants of the legacy of apartheid in the workplace.
Pros
Flexibility, room for further personal growth and development
Cons
Race politics are deeply entrenched in the system
4,0
Colleagues were friendly whilst the work space was well organised and neat. The laboratory practicals were well thought out. All required information was easily accessible.
4,0
Great facilities and resources but employee wellness need to be taken seriously. On the issue of benefits and reduction of employee attrition...instead of promising the employees that should they die..you will give their beneficiaries up to 7 times their annual salary.How does that decision assist the employee's financial situation at present? Why can't you give the seventh annual salary to the employee while still alive...Ijoh!
5,0
I gave me a bit of extra income during my study period. It also cemented my knowledge on the wide range of topics that i assisted on. Had 6 hours per week and this was sufficient for my needs
4,0
top university and the largest contact university in South Africa. We produce socially impactful research to find solutions for the world’s most pressing issues.
4,0
You are guaranteed to grow both professionally and socially. Contributing to student development gives self fulfillment. You have access to facilities that contribute to your continuous career development.
3,0
Being a Language and Study Skills tutor gave me invaluable experience and learning opportunities. Even though the work load was heavy and we had to work hard to meet deadlines, the collaborative spirit between all staff members, regardless of rank, made this a very positive experience for me.
3,0
it is a 8 to 5 typical working hours. With a lot of opportunities and career development. Workplace culture is on average.

Management supports the workers
5,0
Great place to work at. The team is very fun to be a part. The boss is also excellent and will do whatever to ensure his team members are happy with there situations.
Pros
On campus
Cons
Could interfere with studies at times
2,0
oppressive management style and micro-managing which is not conducive for innovation and growth. opportunities for growth available but discriminatory systems used to select.
4,0
Working at Tuks is nice, there is a lot to learn, the experience is not relaxing, rather it keeps you on your toes. A day at work begins in the morning till late afternoon during this hours, you are confronted by clients with different computer problems as well as problems related but outside the scope of work, though the case, every clients problem needs to be tend to with the right solution or recommendation. Everyday offering services to different people of different characters and background, more than solving IT related problems, there is a lot of learning that happens about dealing with different personalities. When the goal is to solve every clients problem the most enjoyable part of the day comes when you have managed to solve a problem and learned something new.
4,0
a typical day at work would be to show up at the clinic and counsel students who wanted to test. It has taught me to listen better and pay attention to detail. the workplace was friendly and productive making it easy to do your job. We were managed properly and could raise concerns freely with the management. The hardest part of the job was juggling both the job and my academics. helping people and making connections was the most enjoyable part of the job.
4,0
Job required assisting the professor with teaching duties. Great opportunity to engage with students and figure out ways to best convey knowledge. Environment was enjoyable and stimulated learning.
5,0
Facilities were made avaliable to us students so that we could work together on our projects, Our lecturer was very helpful and made sure that we were treated farily by EPI-USE Africa.
5,0
The law clinic offers great insight into the world of work in the legal field. a definite must for any law student aspiring to practice after graduation.