University of the Free State

University of the Free State Employee Reviews

South Africa258 reviews
4,0
I got to work collaboratively with colleagues, which was something that I really liked. The environment was just calm and conducive. It helped me develop my computer skills.
Pros
Helped me develop my computer skills for better
Cons
I had to deal with different personalities, it was challenging.
4,0
Various cultures come together and work places accomodates all cultures very well. Embracing diversity and learning from all the unique aspects of a person
Pros
Free access to resources
Cons
Alot of work
2,0
It was nice working @ ufs but I was not permanent employed, I had no benefits. But I gained allot of experience at University of the Free State. If I could have Gotten permanently employed there I would never have left the University.
1.Stuff meetings
2 Being organized and deadlines were important.

3.being available for overtime

4.learn how to record live stream

5.Travelling and integrating with learners
Pros
Team collaboration
Cons
Individual achievement
4,0
It is a good a working environment, whereby you get to learn new things that are related to work. The colleagues are very humble and understandable. You are able to work individually and with groups
5,0
I was privileged enough to work at a department where I knew the majority of the staff, so working at the institution was a blast, enjoyable experience, it also builds up your communication and interaction skills.
5,0
My typical day at work includes procuring for the assets that are required by the staff IN order to perform their duties.Of the few months that I have worked for the UFS I further developed my skills of communicating with people from different backgrounds as I mostly interact with suppliers to place orders.The culture in our workplace includes colleagues that are results orientated,innovative,detail orientated as we deal with finance, driven and dedicated individuals.
5,0
I thoroughly enjoyed working at the University of the Free State. I enjoyed the responsibilities placed on me and working in a team with individuals with a similar work ethic.
5,0
I learned alot during my time as a working student at the University of the free state.
I gained knowledge of group work and how to work under pressure.
4,0
It was very productive working at the Computer lab. The people I worked with were very good at what they are doing and showed a good work ethic. The management were also great to work with and were helpful towards each and every employee.
5,0
The experience was good and the service was excellent can't wait to be appointed permanent at the university of the freestate working and making good friends and building great work relationships and gaining more skills is the best place to work
4,0
Learned how to be patient and that is it always advisable to ask if you don't understand your tasks or what is expected of you. And be willing to learn new things and new ways of doing things.
5,0
A typical day would be one where you interact with different people whether its students from different cultures or people that contact the office. Everyone goes about their work and everyone works together when needed. Occasional team meetings take place to ensure everyone is on par with what is expected of them and deadlines are met diligently and on time.
3,0
Day at the word was comfortable and manageable. I have enhanced more knowledge about Windows 10, Microsoft 2016 and the Internet. I have learned how to be organized. I prefer working in both outside and office jobs. The job was manageable. Explaining to students and assisting the students with the challenges.
5,0
The university environment is filled with challenges as balance should be maintained between academic life and work-life, but through experiences, certain skills such as leadership and teamwork skills are developed while communication is also key to managing and getting through university life.
5,0
The environment is so much relaxed and at the same time fulfilling. The only challenge is being in a lower post but with good qualifications. In a nutshell one should consider themselves lucky to work for this company
3,0
There was not too much planning in advance. We had everything required to carry out the weekly practicals. We had all the practicals given to us at the first meeting together, so it made preparing a little easier.
4,0
Good working environment. Practical sessions are well set out and easy to understand. Payment was always on date. Feedback was always available when requeated
5,0
The job that I am currently doing does not have much benefits. The people I work with are very friendly and the environment is very accomodating. I want to grow.
5,0
It is a on-going learning institution where by I learnt new skills on daily basis which adds to my career advancement for instance my daily interaction with students help me to improve my listening and communication skills.
Pros
I given time to attendant my private activities.
Cons
Be at work as early as possible
5,0
The kind of job I had was for students and it had no benefits so I can't rate or review the institution due to the tutoring job I had.
Working with second-year students and honors students was a wonderful experience. The job made me realize that as much as I loved working as a tutor, teaching or lecturing isn't my thing. Now I know, but it is something that can be improved.