University of the Western Cape

University of the Western Cape Pay & Benefits reviews: Tutor

Meeting new people and being able to learn from them. The people at the university are genuely nice and welcoming, this creates a nice working environment.
Pros
flexible
Cons
salary isnt very satisfactory
The University of the Western Cape has provided me with the knowledge and skills that have formed the basis of my career foundation, the environment is great and friendly and supportive in everything.
Pros
constant learning through everything
Cons
low salary
It was great to gain the experience to educate students and learn to be professional.As an student, at that point I found the job fulfilling since one have the opportunity to share knowledge of their favorite module to students, and even professionals. However, the benefits were not fair.
Pros
Small salary
Cons
An university currently establishing itself, in addition also building a very strong alumi. A fantastic place to work for. Although this was subject to the completion of my degree.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
salary
Working as a tutor was no problem. The times were suitable for all and the hours were short. The difficulties came when marking scripts and the amount of scripts were plenty and the content to mark made it even bigger. My co-workers were very adaptable as I know them quite well and am very comfortable with them, even the new ones.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Low Salary
Helping students where they struggle the most and maintaining a good learning environment. These were typical duties that I had to carry out. The benefits were good however they were not enough to sustain my my academic needs. But overall it was worth it.
Pros
Getting paid.
Cons
Very small payment