University Of The Witwatersrand

University Of The Witwatersrand Employee Reviews

South Africa202 reviews
5,0
the teaching of Chemical and metallurgical process design
directing masters student in mineral processing projects

review masters work and postgraduate thesis
2,0
Management will place the incorrect individuals in positions and wonder why projects fail. They will then over pay others and wonder why there is resentment.
5,0
A typical day involves data capturing and data collection, teaching as well as related research.
I learn about consumer behaviour and the best ways to be a successful digital marketer.

The workplace culture is conducive for working and growing.
3,0
Stressful and very fast-paced and pressured work environment which offers little opportunity to practice a healthy work-life balance. However, it does offer the ability to work flexibility and the ability to work from home.
Pros
Flexible work hours and ability to work from home
Cons
Stressful and pressured work conditions
5,0
Wits University is a good organization to work for provided that management at particular departments are able to manage well. Overall I would recommend people to work for this organization as it has good benefits and the environment is pleasant.
5,0
I had a really great experience working with Lecturers and 2nd / third-year students as an Economics lab supervisor. The faculty staff were professional and supportive.
5,0
My engagement with students, postgraduate and undergraduate prepared to seek solutions to the challenges faced by many applicants, local and international.
5,0
I love to work at wits University for good I can't see myself out of this job I learned a lot I still want to learn more and found important things and live the History of my job
5,0
Ihad very good experience with me working for Wits university it taught me a lot that education is key hence i decided to further my studies this year
5,0
Be yourself, be panctual , respect your managers , do you job , with all these things you can never go wrong , the relationship that i have with students is amazing, seeing students starting from first year till the finish at fifth final year, knowing that you played a role is amazing
4,0
I really enjoyed working at Wits University. I learnt a lot for instance in terms of interacting with students as well as utilizing a computers, etc..
5,0
wits is a wonderful environment , a fast paced environment with good and understanding workers ,
safe place

good parking

the hard part of my job is interpreting finance policies to non financial stake holders
4,0
It was a great experience with lots of reading and interviewing people, you learn how to make other comfortable, while asking the hard questions. It's an opportunity I will always cherish.
It was always hectic.
I learned more on technology

Management was fine but the line supervisor was a thorn in my body.

Racism do exist a lot and undermining,

was when you do you job but people got not satisfied

non that I enjoyed
Pros
gift from Senior Manager
Cons
5,0
Teaching first year chemistry students laboratory skills that included handling laboratory equipments enhanced my laboratory skills and communication skills.
4,0
There are some good mentors and colleagues who care about career advancement and promotion as well as transformation. It's a good company to grow if you want to be an academic.
3,0
The culture at Wits is very professional and effecient. They hire the best staff who are from diverse parts of the world. The salary is not so good. However, the salary is negotiable. The culture is very open and they are willing to work with each other.
5,0
The students are very willing to learn. As a tutor, I managed to increase the pass rate of the students who attend this program by 6 to 10%. With the support of the staff and lecturers, the pass rate is projected to further increase by 20%
4,0
I was working onsite and dealing with students, staff and clients on daily basis. Most of my interactions were face to face and some over the phone. I enjoyed working there.
5,0
It is an incredible institution and an honor to have been a student there. There's plenty of opportunities for growth and to learn from brilliant thinkers from all over the world.
5,0
Going to work is always fun. Best place I have ever worked in my 15 years of working experience. Every position is worth it as it is secured with good benefits. Management very supportive and the culture is good. There is unity. Always promoting and helping people to upgrade themselves. the only hardest part is when there is a student protest as I work in Protection services. I have learned a lot especially team work since I joined.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Of The Witwatersrand. Our community is ready to answer.
4,1