University Of The Witwatersrand

University Of The Witwatersrand Employee Reviews for Research Assistant

Research Assistant8 reviews
South Africa8 reviews
5,0
A typical day involves data capturing and data collection, teaching as well as related research.
I learn about consumer behaviour and the best ways to be a successful digital marketer.

The workplace culture is conducive for working and growing.
4,0
It was a great experience with lots of reading and interviewing people, you learn how to make other comfortable, while asking the hard questions. It's an opportunity I will always cherish.
5,0
I would recommend that if you are pursuing a corporate career where work experience is needed, I would definitely recommend taking up a part-time position at Wits.
4,0
Good place to work.
Good work life balance.

Good benefits. Management is ok.

Good vacation.

Good area.

Job is sometimes monotomous.

Work place culture is ok
5,0
This was an enriching experience with regards to my IT skills, and it also allowed me to grow my knowledge in marketing and strategy as I was working for a professor in economics, as well him being an established business man. This job had only pros and no cons as it as taught me time management and it has helped a great amount in my current studies in Strategic Brand Communications, while allowing me to implement the skills I gained while obtaining my diploma in Business Science. The amount of information I worked with and sorted through and collated was extensive, but it helped me learn focus and discipline. Although I hoped to work in the marketing and strategy sphere, as I am most skilled in the business sciences, the challenge was a great experience. Management was great, and the workplace was suited to my schedule as I am a student. I would say the hardest part of the job, apart from the amount of information, was the distance to get to the university. I enjoyed the job as a whole.
Pros
Free lunch and experience
5,0
Wits gave me the opportunity to meet and network with industry leaders in the property finance sector. Being associated with an institution of such caliber has been exciting, informative and an utter privilege.
5,0
This workplace provides space for growth and development. Usually you work under pressure and this requires great time management skills that will allow you to finish your work effectively and in good time. However there are many training and skills development activities that assist one in the endeavor to fulfill the work requirements.
Pros
A number of free staff; lunch, wifi, some presents and certificates.
Cons
Long working hours
3,0
Conducting surveys and analysing data is what I did on a daily basis. Locating and locking on specific target groups and conducting interviews required listening and recording skills. Building rapport and negotiating with subjects was fulfilling after I had retrieved information.
Pros
Free Transport and Meals
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Of The Witwatersrand. Our community is ready to answer.
4,1