University Of The Witwatersrand

University Of The Witwatersrand Employee Reviews for Student Assistant

Student Assistant7 reviews
South Africa7 reviews
4,0
You get meet people from all walks of life and it has enabled me to better my communication skills. I have learned to balance my school and work effectively.
4,0
A typical day started at 8:30 and ended at 16:30. The day included a lot of admin work, handling student queries, supporting the faculty staff and carrying boxes.

I learned how to work under pressure especially during registration sometimes working 12 hours a day.

The management was fair and straight forward and extremely supportive.

Academic and enjoyable.

The working 12hours during registration without a lunch break.

Handling student queries and solving problems.
Pros
Free lunch
4,0
Wits University provides a flexible working environment for certain individuals, job enrichment is at peak at the institution. There is a thorough line of communication between managers and their counter parts. In certain divisions, employees' well-being are of importance.
4,0
The hardest part of this job was dealing with the academically excluded students. Delivering such news to students was not an easy task it required counselling and communication skills among others.
Pros
Friendly staff and management
Cons
long working hours
3,0
A typical work day would require helping students in a and around campus. People skills was very important as well as communication skills. My co- workers were easy to work with and effective in making the process run smoothly.

The most challenging part of the job was having to deal with different personalities from meeting different people.

The most enjoyable part was being able to interact with different people of different cultures.
Pros
communication skills hained
Cons
Long hours of standing
4,0
A typical day includes working with students from high who are coming to the university for the fist to to apply and get more knowledge about the course they are looking forward to do the following year. I have learned how to work with other people as management would place us in different groups and job tasks every year.The hardest part of the job is at the beginning when you are not sure what to do, but as time goes on you get to be comfortable in the work place. The most enjoyable part is meeting different people each year who come to the university.
Pros
free lunches, and t.shirts
Cons
standing for too long
5,0
I would get in and have a morning briefing session and then get to the grind. I learned patience and humbleness. Management was very nice towards us. fellow students made the job easy and hard sometimes. the hardest part was when you get students and parents who cause havoc. seeing someone register as a student.
Pros
freebies
Cons
draining tasks
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Of The Witwatersrand. Our community is ready to answer.
4,1