V&A Waterfront

V&A Waterfront Employee Reviews

South Africa8 reviews
4,0
Interacting with various people and departments, no two days are the same and the workplace culture is amazing. People are open to air views and opinions.
5,0
It was a fun experience for me learning how the corporate world works. The team is amazing all helpful and wanting to better you. Very supportive. Team building is a thing there
Pros
Many
3,0
8 to 5 day, some weekend work and overtime work when event take place at stadium.
Different facets of business due to weekend work as duty manager.

The V&A Waterfront is a very dynamic environment to work at.

Good corporate governance is the order of the day.

Staff are well looked after.

Relationships can become challenging between departments.

Achievement of set out goals ie events traffic management and control of parking facilities over this period. Busy.
Pros
Physical services are outsourced to service provider. They're managed.
Cons
Sometimes challenging getting service providers aligned with company objectives.
2,0
Luckily, I had freedom to work the hours I needed with being a student. Unfortunatly it was badly managed, very racially divided. No job security with almost 3 people getting fired every week. Bad salary, hard work for minimal pay with being treated badly by mangement. Super unhygenic! Not enough cutlery or crockery. If there was a health inspection, they would honestly fail!

Advice from management to prepare for work, "Dress blacker than the owners aren't."
Pros
Chose own hours
Cons
All round bad place
5,0
Has a variety of challenges and work experiences to help you grow as an employee.has benefits such as medical aid and incentives.has workshops to improve employees.good management.good labour practices.
Pros
Christmas vouchers
Cons
Long hours 13per shift
3,0
a typical day at work required quite a bit of energy as we run around all day helping customers and making sure shelves are stocked. i learnt better people skills and communication as well as prioritising better in order to help customers. the management was good although one cannot always report to management and the requires you to think on your feet and find solutions easily. the co-workers were kind and helpful although they are not always there to help you as they are also busy at their stations. the hardest part of the job was the extremely long hours on your feet and the best part was the general bonding with the different people you get to meet on a daily basis.
Pros
bonding with the staff
Cons
working exremely long hours
3,0
Management of subcontractors on site.
interpersonal skills and dealing with different individuals.

The rest of the team was good to work with and easy to get along.
Pros
working in a shopping mall
Cons
being in the operations/maintenace team
5,0
I worked very hard every day,I learned more about,what must I do to protect the clients properties,out customers and many more.On the management the conditions sometimes is in good condition.The hardest part is when the customers he/she dont know where she/he parked own vehicle and the same customer doest have the patience,you must tried by all the cool down andmake the customer to understand how a you going to help.The most part I enjoy in my I learn more in my life,as every day they put me to work on the computer learn about it.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
yes long hours