Vanchem Vanadium Products

Vanchem Vanadium Products Employee Reviews

South Africa27 reviews

3,3Work-Life Balance

Unit administrator

Working as an administrator helped me to understand the importance of prioritising. Working with people's salary is a very sensitive issue. Working with different types of people helped me a lot with my fear of standing in front of people some are older than me some are just impossible but i have learned to handle different characters of people.I never thought one day I'll be abel to stand in front of people and address them.

Fun working place I ever was at.

The fact that most of us artisans were trained in the same company made it easier for us to gel. We had brotherly spirit whereby we will with each other's responsibilities compelled by the passion we had for each other. At some point in time the job was tough but having the support of your colleagues had a huge impact. We had our bad days and few individuals who will preserve their contributions and weren't so supportive but they did not matter much. I have wonderful time working at Vanchem Vanadium Products up until production was stopped.

Good

It was an good experience and Eye opener. I learned a lot while working for them and gained a lot of experience in different environments. They are an organized and professional company in terms of doing things.

was a productive workplace

i enjoyed working with a lot of people on different sections and learned a lot and gained a lot of experience. i worked shifts and that was very nice i worked hard and it was a nice experience to get to know more about the plant and the people

I am learning a lot and advancing in my career. It is unfortunate that the mine went into business rescue and shut down some operations, and so there is no opportunities for future.

It is nice working with management that knows what they want friendly to everyone.

This company is a Petro chemical production company, Each an every company has its safety cardinal rules that must be followed. If you don't you get punished and always safety is a priority at vanchem each an every corner you'll find a safety officer making sure everything is still alright and your fully wearing full PPE for the right job

Pros

Provide with Canteen

Cons

8hours +1hour overtime

Fascinating and challenging environment

My time at Vanchem has been very interesting especially interacting with various people on projects and supporting plant operators with technical input. I have learnt a lot and made long term friends during my tenure at Vanchem.

Pros

Challenging work

Cons

Plant environmentally unfriendly

Hard worker an always give my 100%

I love going to work for I privide for my family,I dont complai about work because its my duty to be at work,I have my fun wen all the work is done..Dont care if it rains cat an dogs I will still work my best.

Pros

How free is it

Cons

8 Till 6

Challanging yet Rewarding.

I personally learned a lot. Working under pressure with less resources taught me a lot. It made it easier for me to work for another company, though in other companies you'll feel like u are loosing your pro active skills gained at Vanchem. Great people to work with, both Engineering & production teams. Close to town ,residence & educational institutions. Multi racial and Multi cultural, diversity is good.

Pros

Best Experience

Cons

Environmentally health challanging. Job Security

Multi Cultural work environment

At Vanchem I learned allot of skills I never would thinks off doing. I learned allot about safety and auditing. I learned how to observe my surroundings and look out for your co-workers. The workplace culture was phenomenal. The hardest part of the job was to work in an overall, boots and ppe. The working hours was long, but i enjoyed that part too.

Pros

Medical aid, pension

Cons

No cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vanchem Vanadium Products?

Productive good working environment

Vanchem was very company to work at. We had good salaries, great respect for each other , good team and we all valued and considered others opinions and ideas.

Pros

Good salaries

Cons

Uncertanty of company life

Hardworker, Productive ,willing to learn

very challenging , self managing ,co workers always brothers keeper and helpfull , Engineering manager willing to see people getting more experience.

Pros

bonus

Cons

overtime

Best working days

Never had a better job. People,place all good. were cared about and we'll looked after no problems or complaints what so ever just the best place to work

Pros

all

Cons

No problems

it was great working at Vanchem

The hardest part of the job was when products did not reach customers on time . We had a great team of managers though they were strict especially about meeting deadlines.

Pros

We were a great strong team that worked well together

Cons

Air Pollution

Productive,

It was a good company. I was reasonably satisfied with the company and general working conditions. The room for growth was minimal and training an development was not key. I was able to improve my managerial skills as I had more responsibility. The company is ok.

Pros

Good canteen

great experience

Regardless of the chemical exposure, it is a very good environment for those who are willing to learn, so much complex processes and control principles

Pros

learn a new thing everyday

Cons

Limited academic advancement

Different

Typical day of work is 9hrs, Lessons learnt include; diverse cultures, different understanding, communication, hardest part; provided PPE must be made use of at all times especially respirators, the most enjoyable part is you can learn differently.

Production plant for Vanadium

Vanchem is a vanadium and chemicals plant that produces Fused Vanadium and Vanadium Pentoxide for the world market. We are a small IT team supporting 450 users. Vanchem is part of a bigger group called Duferco.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

IT not a priority and not keeping up with market

The company is very much productive and very much safety conconsious

The environment accommodates employees and one would find one self to be part of the organisation. The days at work were very constructive and were constantly developed.

Pros

Development

Cons

Distance

Whilst Vanchem is a Great Company with a great future ahead , the environment is not very friendly dust , fumes , rust , SO2 , long working hours etc

Long working hours , No training programs to further yourself , poor Management , But you'll gain a lot of experience to work with very little resources to produce great results

Pros

relaxed non formal environment

Cons

long hours, dust & chemicals

productive and learning more

Sample review: Fun work place with supportive management.Personal growth and development lies on yourself.The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The trade unions guys reporting to me make life a bit challenging.There is a lot of improvement projects that are challenging and exciting.

Pros

Cons

Very long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vanchem Vanadium Products. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance