Vantage Bank Texas
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Vantage Bank Texas Employee Reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Steady work environment, seeing customers, learned cash handling skill, good management overall, decent pay, good benefits, enjoyed working as a teller

Benefits

Even though I wasn’t with VBT for long, I was able to feel comfortable and felt like part of their family. Their benefits are good. They also offered a free PTO day for those who got the COVID vaccine.

Easy going and fun

Vbt is a easy going and fun bank to work for. The branches are well taken care of and all upper management is easy to talk to. You never have to feel you will be punished for speaking your mind.

Great Entry Level Bank

Vantage Bank was amazing. They have an excellent culture! Room for advancement was slightly difficult as it is a much smaller Bank. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed working with the Weslaco Team. Lead and back up lead tellers were always so helpful - they would use their strengths to help and assist one another and the rest of the team when necessary. Really sad when both left! They were a great duo and power team. Only issue was difficultly with universal banker at the Weslaco location, they were extremely difficult to work with and did not work well with the team. Luckily, the team at the time knew how to place differences aside during working hours which ultimately allowed the branch to work as a whole. Best experience I’ve had as a person with no banking experience. Would highly recommend working for Vantage. I enjoyed the Teller Appreciation week.

Pros

Benefits, Work-Life Balance, Great Culture

Cons

Difficulty in moving up

Productive and friendly workplace

It was an easygoing and pretty relaxed environment when we were fully staffed. Most days are the same, helping customers with questions about their account, transactions and assistance with online banking. On an average day the call volume was manageable. I loved the people I worked with, everyone was really friendly and helpful. Training was really thorough!

Great Bank

Great bank with an amazing culture. Difficult to move up, but never impossible. Met amazing customers and coworkers. Great bank to obtain banking experience.

Pros

Great benefit, hour breaks, awesome VBT culture

Cons

N/a

It's all about favoritism

It's all about who you know in upper MGMT that will get you advancement not how you perform your job duties. When I first started with international bank great bank now that it changed to vantage bank you better hope you are liked and everyday I went to work felt like it would be my last day and I was prepared

Great Place to work

This is a great company to work for. Management is always willing to help you and provide you with on the job training. If it was up to me I won't hesitate to work for Vantage again in the future. Not only that co-workers are awesome they enjoy and provide you with great training and recommendations for growth. Their mentorship program is awesome as well.

Good place

It is a good place to work, there are banks out there that pay better, but this is a good entry level place. Good benefits management is good. Lead teller was very hard to get along with

The only bad experience i had while working at vantage was the constant moving around of managers. The last manager i was stuck with before i had to leave was not the greatest.

Portrayed as a great work environment but really isn't

Management paints a pretty picture for you but in reality they don't care about your needs or compensation for doing another persons job. They just ask and ask from you consistently but when you ask for something from them they cannot provide. Management will blame their workers before they blame themselves which is funny because one of their main points is taking responsibility for your actions. overall i would not recommend anyone to work here nor bank here. It is not worth your time and effort.

good working area

good working area. The management and the people where always helpful when a problem arise. The people are very kind and helpful. Also the benefits offerd by the company are very competitive.

Great place for advancement

Inter National Bank is a great place to learn and grow. Everyone is always willing to help. The bank itself has a great atmosphere and environment. Management is great, they are equal with everyone.

Pros

People get to know who you are.

Cons

Sometimes management doesn’t see your hard work.

Excellent place to work

Great place to work. great people, very collaborative co-workers. One of the best companies I have ever had the privilege to work for. A great job culture.

Pros

Great training and paid.

Cons

No career advancement.

Productive and results oriented with strong crdit culture

Position at bank was to oversee credit decisions on a daily basis, compliance with loan policies and procedures as well as oversee the ALLL, Concentration Management, Appraisal Department and work with credit review and loan review departments. Great people and staff to work with similar goals to grow the bank and increase profit, while maintaining strong asset quality. The most enjoyable part was the several years of success in making the bank a well regarded financial institution and a community leader. The most important thing I learned was that people make the bank and that providing good service to customers is what a community bank is all about. Bank is successful if our customers are also successful.

Pros

Had a lot of freedom in doing my job with trust from CEO

Cons

This bank is a great bank to work at here in South Texas. Great benefits. Extended hours branches are great for those who are still going to school. Room to grow within the company

very nice people and flexible with hours, but was not making any bank.

very nice people and flexible with hours, but was not making any bank. easy job but with some difficulties to learn the steps for the job..................

Good place to get experience

Good place to work and to get experience. Corporate really takes care of their employees with occasional bonuses, appreciation lunches and employee recognition awards. Hard to move up is some departments.

Good job

Fun place with great people, low pay and management was poor at the time I was working. Great benefits. Met CEO, very good working environment. People always there for

Coffe al the time

We have coffe break many tieme where we can share ideas abot how to take care clients

Pros

Medical insurance

Cons

No contras

Good place to work at

Good place to work at if you are going to school. The days are okay shifts. Staff is very friendly. You take your one paid week vacations each year. Great place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vantage Bank Texas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance