Varsity College

Varsity College Employee Reviews

South Africa89 reviews
5,0
Varsity collage in pmb has an amazing team of employees who value one another in order to produce amazing experience of education for students and a great experience for staff members who are always evolving in their roles.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
5,0
I worked part time at Varsity College, both times I was employed there. I followed the schedule set out for me and there were no issues. For the Tutoring Job I was able to assist other students with any issues they may have had. With the IT Support job, I learnt a lot more, like how to add a computer to a domain and installing windows from a custom image. The most enjoyable part of the IT Support job was being sent to help someone with an IT issue, and conversely the most difficult is trouble shooting a very complicated issue when you need your supervisor to help you. Management in both scenarios were very good.
Pros
I gained some IT skills, and people skills
Cons
My jobs were part time so they weren't for too long, however I would galdly go again
5,0
A normal day would start with the arrival of colleagues in the main area of the building. A team meeting would start with a recap of the previous days results and what to correct or look forward to in order to achieve the monthly goal.
I learned how to be a vital team member and being consistent in my work ethic. The management was very professional due to the fact that there was high level of respect from everybody which automatically made work culture relaxed but competitive.

hardest part of the job was being able to maintain a level of calmness when surrounded or approached by frustrated clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great and humble colleagues.
5,0
I throughly enjoyed working with the staff and got on well with the students. My function as an invigilator at IIE was a tlme well spent. The responsibilities of managing a exam was sometimes daunting but enjoyable.
4,0
The working culture and the staff are great people to work with and also great at helping each other.Great support from management and managers, work life and personal life balance
Pros
Incentives, bonus, free month end lunches, Celebration dinners
Cons
Working on Saturdays but only when it's registration time.
3,0
Varsity college is a great place to work but many late nights during registation. Slot of pressure but also a great environment. The only problem is depending on campus and title your salary can vary quite a bit. Sometimes to the very low end but other times to the mediate to high end.
4,0
Varsity College is good company for growth and their service is excellent as their first priority is the students and parents. I learned to work under pressure and being able to work with different personalities. My manager was the best as she knows her work. i enjoyed my job as i have grown and developed skills.
5,0
Had be there at 8 am sharp ,Consult the students if they we any problems and help with support or PC problems hardest part was taking care of all the students
5,0
Varsity College is a private University Institution that updates it's curriculum regularly. It pays attention to it's students and staffs feedback and adjusts accordingly to create a system that suites all its members.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Varsity College?
5,0
Great place to work, enjoyed it immensely. There is a hard working culture but you are remunerated well. The staff members are all professional and Management treats everyone fairly.
4,0
Varsity College is a great place to work. The staff is friendly, helpful and collaborative. The culture at Varsity College is easy to fit in to. The management team is quick to respond to situations and is always helpful
5,0
I am a perfectionist who meets deadlines. Always ask for clearer understanding of issues. Start work early or leave late so as to produce quality work.
5,0
Everyone works hard but at the same time, they're all very positive and willing to assist any one that is new to the company. Great workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is learning to deal with being micro-managed at first (if you're not used to it).
1,0
No growth at Varsity college as an employee , You can only advance into a higher position if you are sucking up to Management, HR, Principal or you socialize with them after hours. ( Drinking Buddies )
Pros
Employees with 10 year service or who is middle age, dont stand a chance of advancing at varsity college
Cons
An employee who is likeble by principal, hr, and vice principal, his or her relative get first privilege in getting vacancy at varsity college. Its who you know??
3,0
Good place to as an entry-level or student.
The people you work with are friendly and supportive and you always have fun because the culture is lard back not stressful.
5,0
Friendly staff who are willing to help with any task that proves stressful and always implement an open door policy for technical support should need be
4,0
All the SLP staff where replaced with inexperienced cheaper people Even although I had a 99% pass rate and developed their course material and exam sheets
3,0
It is a fun place to work at, with a re;axed ambiance. A typical day would consist of going to Varsity College and tutoring students. Students were friendly and paid attention. Time management skills were learnt as I was still a student there.
5,0
It is a productive and fun environment. Each day brought about its own challenges and this made us make sure we are always focused. The management team was exceptional in the way they lead the registration team
3,0
the management was excellent, it a was comfortable environment to work it , people were friendly, it was a fast pace but stressful workplace.
we had to adapt to different situations, we work long hours but with a reasonable pay
3,0
I’ve worked at the job twice for a period of 3 months each. I was able to work on my people skills and how to work in a team. It was an awesome experience and grateful for the opportunity.