Varsity College

Varsity College Management reviews

South Africa89 reviews
5,0
I worked part time at Varsity College, both times I was employed there. I followed the schedule set out for me and there were no issues. For the Tutoring Job I was able to assist other students with any issues they may have had. With the IT Support job, I learnt a lot more, like how to add a computer to a domain and installing windows from a custom image. The most enjoyable part of the IT Support job was being sent to help someone with an IT issue, and conversely the most difficult is trouble shooting a very complicated issue when you need your supervisor to help you. Management in both scenarios were very good.
Pros
I gained some IT skills, and people skills
Cons
My jobs were part time so they weren't for too long, however I would galdly go again
5,0
A normal day would start with the arrival of colleagues in the main area of the building. A team meeting would start with a recap of the previous days results and what to correct or look forward to in order to achieve the monthly goal.
I learned how to be a vital team member and being consistent in my work ethic.
The management was very professional due to the fact that there was high level of respect from everybody which automatically made work culture relaxed but competitive.
hardest part of the job was being able to maintain a level of calmness when surrounded or approached by frustrated clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great and humble colleagues.
4,0
The working culture and the staff are great people to work with and also great at helping each other.Great support from management and managers, work life and personal life balance
Pros
Incentives, bonus, free month end lunches, Celebration dinners
Cons
Working on Saturdays but only when it's registration time.
5,0
Great place to work, enjoyed it immensely. There is a hard working culture but you are remunerated well. The staff members are all professional and Management treats everyone fairly.
4,0
Varsity College is a great place to work. The staff is friendly, helpful and collaborative. The culture at Varsity College is easy to fit in to. The management team is quick to respond to situations and is always helpful
5,0
Everyone works hard but at the same time, they're all very positive and willing to assist any one that is new to the company. Great workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is learning to deal with being micro-managed at first (if you're not used to it).
1,0
No growth at Varsity college as an employee , You can only advance into a higher position if you are sucking up to Management, HR, Principal or you socialize with them after hours. ( Drinking Buddies )
Pros
Employees with 10 year service or who is middle age, dont stand a chance of advancing at varsity college
Cons
An employee who is likeble by principal, hr, and vice principal, his or her relative get first privilege in getting vacancy at varsity college. Its who you know??
4,0
All the SLP staff where replaced with inexperienced cheaper people Even although I had a 99% pass rate and developed their course material and exam sheets
3,0
It is a fun place to work at, with a re;axed ambiance. A typical day would consist of going to Varsity College and tutoring students. Students were friendly and paid attention. Time management skills were learnt as I was still a student there.
5,0
It is a productive and fun environment. Each day brought about its own challenges and this made us make sure we are always focused. The management team was exceptional in the way they lead the registration team
3,0
the management was excellent, it a was comfortable environment to work it , people were friendly, it was a fast pace but stressful workplace.
we had to adapt to different situations, we work long hours but with a reasonable pay
4,0
Through my experience at Varsity College, I learned a lot about different management styles and strategies for maintaining cooperation in a large group project setting. I feel that as valuable as that experience has been, I am eager to work on more specialized projects on which I will have the opportunity to be more of a leader than was going to be possible there. My creativity in IT was limited.
Pros
Free Lunch and Trasnport
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
The IIE’s Varsity College has a strong vocational focus that prepares students for their careers.

The IIE’s Varsity College Career Centre, in partnership with industry, serves to support our students with all aspects relating to their career development and growth through coaching, mentoring and engagement. This will enable them to leave the tertiary environment as competent graduates who should thrive in industry and hopefully become active members of our VC Alumni Community.As a prospect or current student you may not realise it, but the part-time work you do while studying will give you a head start with building a competitive CV. Employers want a mix of work-based and academic-based learning and will be impressed by the fact that you have shown initiative and stepped into the work place already. This way you’ll gain skills that complement your chosen career and help you to stand out in a competitive graduate environment.

No part-time jobs are guaranteed and they may not always match your field of study. However, all opportunities provide students with transferable skills, instill a work ethic and, of course, provide extra income and independence.
Pros
Tips from customer and management
Cons
over times
4,0
I worked in Varsity College where the reception from day one was awesome. A great place to work. I learnt a lot and developed many skills I didn’t have prior to joining VC- as an independent Contractor for School of Education.A friendly team of independent Contractors and they are always happy to help show you the ropes. Great management who also have a way of motivating staff. I learnt a lot in the two years working there.
Pros
Free lunches, drinks, free pens during marking period
Cons
Not so great pay but willlingness to give back to others makes it less worrisome
2,0
no structure provided, free reign given to students and lack of structure allows for lack of studying and high failure rates. not recommended to students. poorly managed.
Pros
Cons
waste of money
Official response from Varsity College
2 April 2019
Did you take up your problem with Campus Management? Did you look at ways to improve your problems? Lack of studying is attributed to the individual, no tertiary institution can assist with an individuals lack of motivation or studying.
5,0
Being accountable for the entire campus library ensuring that all aspects are cover and timeously to embrace sustainability. reporting to the management about the progress of the library enbling different kinds of session to ensure credibility of information to students.
Pros
Management Reports
Cons
Hardwork
5,0
Advtech Varsity College Pretoria is a great representation of how a company should function. Everyone in the company work as a team & give off a great vibe & atmosphere that clients love & puts them at ease. Everyone is super attentive towards clients & each other. Working there was an unforgettable experience I will treasure & hope to some day be a full time employee ;)
Pros
Open door policy from management
Cons
Expensive Cafeteria
3,0
We had flexible hours but had to work 9 hours a day with an hour lunch break, monday to Friday. Would work certain Saturday's if required. I grew a lot as a person and leader with regards management and motivating a team(s).
3,0
Great business , enjoy the customer service approach but the management has terrible management skills and do not adhere to policies. My colleagues makes work bearable.
Pros
Education benefit, 14th cheque when target is 100%
Cons
Zero policies, terrible management
4,0
The Higher Certificate in Events Management course is an accredited course that equips students with an enormous amount of skill and knowledge. All students are given the opportunity to organize an event and carry it out to completion allowing you to look back and acknowledge where improvement needs to be made and what works.
3,0
i assisted management with general adminstration and perform any other official duties as assingned by the management.Follow up on student queries with Senior lecturers,especially those that were challenging to me.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
noting in particular