Victoria & Alfred Hotel

Victoria & Alfred Hotel Employee Reviews

South Africa8 reviews

4,0Work-Life Balance

Banqueting / Food and Beverage Supervisor

Job Purpose: To assist with the responsibility for the day to day running of the event services department within the overall policies and controls established by the Company and Hotel General Manager, ensuring that the brand values and standards are delivered and profitability achieved

Very good work environment.

The manager is a good leader that looks after his employees, the work experience at V & A is very equipping in terms of work skills. Its is a place were a person can find a growth with in.

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

Overtime available

Typical day was on weekends only like sunday

I enjoyed the work and its where I learned everything about room attendant, the were no difficulties, its just that I had to resign because of my sickness that was making me late sometimes

Challenging workplace

Its everyday work It is all about time management Hygiene is tolerated Working was OK for me when I started with no experience I aperatiate what they did for me because today I've got experience As we all know that most companies want people with experience,they don't think about those who are fresh from school they know that they don't have experience but the strictly require it I don't know y but the Victoria and Alfred does no such thing. I'm glad I had that job and being able to learn a lot

Pros

Free tae and coffe and oats

Cons

The hours are not long it is 9 hrs

A classic and eye catching hotel

Always busy with customers gives one the opportunity to pay attention to details while ensuring guests are satisfied. A good working environment that gives you the opportunity to meet new challenges and how well you can overcome them in a friendly workplace.

Pros

Free lunch and incentives

Cons

long hours but no complains

Poor staff mangement

They failed at managing staff, staff always felt under pressure and was never allowed their own opinion. Management was more like dictators then managers.

Pros

Cons

poor management

Hard work and fun

A typical day starts at 6 am, serving breakfast (+- 150 pax or more). Then it's checking orders and making sure that all ala carte prep is done for lunch, not to mention if you have any functions on that day.

Pros

not having to work doubles

Cons

Best service to all guests

1. Check in/ check out guests, taking care of front desk, administration work, liaising with all department. 2. Teamwork, taking responsibility, self management 3. Helpful and available when needed 4. Family orientated environment 5. Cancelled bookings - when guests come to check in they find out that there is no availability. 6. When shift is over and everything is done and confirmed by the management.

Pros

Birthday presents

Cons

Shifts and sunday hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria & Alfred Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance