Virgin Active

Virgin Active Employee Reviews

South Africa443 reviews
Receptionist
I like being a receptionist because I'm a talkative person,very friendly,have a face that can represent a reception and I'm also a loving person who always like to help others.
5,0
Only salary is the problem
Working for VASA was a greatest opportunity for me ive learn alot operation and also with communication ive gain alot from the company the only thing was the salary for maintenance operators its too low and the is a lot of work to do than any other departments please increase the salary to atleast from minimum of 7000
Sales and Marketing
You needed to be very professional and creative be able to travel and attend events like wellness days, sports events and school events be able to work under pressure and be target driven meaning reach targets every month...
4,0
Work environment was good but office politics raging every morning
Just do your work. Do your required numbers and participate in the team incentives. My manager at VA was the worst manager i had in my 3 years of working professional.
Pros
Everything except management
Cons
Management was bs
4,0
Good, health and safety fitness facilities
Good, service industry and sports recreation for health and fitness facilities.indescribably .lollipop.haughty.differ. instinctively wonderful, satisfy.
2,0
Slave drivers
Cutthroat environment!
Terrible working hours and shifts!

Inner circle scare monger management!

Only positive is most members are very nice and make your day and become your friends
Best work experience
Best work experience, Opportunities For growth. Invest in their stuff by consistently offering training and product knowledge. The company also offer the employees excellent staff benefits.
2,0
Poor management
I worked for the company for a period of about 5 years as a yoga instructor. The hourly rate was low and it used to go up by R5 per year, yes, R5. I had a very good attendance in my classes and I was very reliable as they sent me all over the show to provide yoga classes but I got very little in return.
1,0
Worst company
Worst company to work for, there's no job security at all. Threats from management on daily basis, you are never free to work and has to always look over your shoulder. Management is threatened by educated people that are juniors.
3,0
Working for Virgin Active is awesome but they treat there junior staff unfairly
I enjoy my job but I feel they are unfair to how they pay there staff we are 3 staff that has the same job description but we all earn different salary, the one who earns the least does more than the one that earns the most. We work over our hours we don't get double pay on a Sunday or public holiday
Pros
Good environment to learn
Cons
Need to move yourself out as soon as experience is gained
Commit yourself
Make goals and work on them. The virgin active team will help you reach those goals.

Follow the work daily plan . Assist as many people as possible. Look for issues you may fix on your own
4,0
Personal trainers are not fully equipped with right education on those cec'ss
Bring back hybrid program at least one hybrid each club and equip them with right information or education not these 1 day cec's cos these only work for people with exercise background.
5,0
My personal experience is that i learned that you need to be able to work with a team and most importantly to be creative and be a fast learner
The company as a whole is very competitive based on the fact that the always expecting the best out of its employees.The management is professional and supportive.
Pros
They provide enough training to its employees
Cons
Their monthly target are so high
fun workplace
its an advantage working in a gym because you're given an opportunity to train as well. they let you engage with members in partaking outdoor activities.
Uniqueness
The way customers are such a priority to the company by making sure that their needs and wants are reached is incredible. Helping each person individually in reaching their goals and providing all necessary resources for them to reach the goals
Productive and Fun environment
* Busy and active day
* deadline driven

* target driven

* teamwork

Workplace culture- was fun and innovative

Most enjoyable part of my job was my team I worked with (fun loving and energetic)
Pros
Innovative, creative
Fun and always busy
It was a fun place to work at, there were lots of young people and the place is always full with people from all races.The people i worked with are nice and fun people always ready to help out the new stuff members, They made my first week there very easy. And what i liked the most was that stuff members were given a membership card that allowed us to also use the work equipment on our own time and use the computers for free. And to make it fun more there is also a resident DJ that played nice songs .
The place has Got Life
I would love to have shares and be part of the share holder's. Working with Virgin active it's so Amazing you feel strong enough to do anything...cause at times we are busy....its a company that does not tolarate the use of strong language drugs and Racism..its a Health club. That's looks at member service and keep the members happy...its a value for money.
3,0
fun workplace , teamwork was great. different culture but we were united the office culture we created for all.
fun and open plan office. Great teamwork with my subordinates , we worked together as a family. Very high targets but we were consistent in achieving them
benefits
Cons
longest hours
1,0
Empty promises
The environment is fast paced and not worth the remuneration.
Empty promises are made.

The business has gone through multiple phases of restructing

Bec
Pros
Free gym membership, uniform
Cons
Remuneration
4,0
great company to work for
great company to work for. the working environment was accommodating for people with disabilities. the culture of the company, even the brand values one can identify with them
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Active. Our community is ready to answer.
3,7