Virgin Active

Virgin Active Employee Reviews

South Africa458 reviews
3,0
The company was ok to work for and the management was good. I was very happy in the working environment. Working days were always different. I learnt a lot about myself in the position I was working in and had to make daily decisions in the workplace.
2,0
Most of general staff can co-operative but question remains about management.
Senior management is not consistent in dealing with employees as they tend to treat cases according to who's the person concerned.

Lots of favoritism.
Pros
Free courses
Cons
Lack of honesty in management
5,0
I have been in sales and marketing for 20 years now.worked for virgin active for 4 years..without the amount of experience I have in sales I would like to grow more and take on more... I feel I have the capability and knowledge to do so and excel in it.
Pros
Uncapped com
5,0
I get to work with people from all walks of life which is my passion. We have a great team of GEI that all uplift each other. To change someone's life through fitness is very fulfilling and rewarding. To see them change in front of you everyday. Fitness inrichest your life in many ways, you feel better about yourself and in turn carry better self confidence which makes your stronger and better in what ever you do on a daily basis. I get to do that everyday
5,0
I enjoy working there cause it challenges you mentally, physically and emotionally. As a Sales consulted It really taught me a a lot from lead generation to presentations.
Good
Good
5,0
A great company to work for, although it's in a challenging environment.
Would recommend it to any one whom do not mind to work late evenings and early mornings as well as weekends and public holidays.

Very good interpersonal skills is a must as you will be working with the much expected public. If you are into fitness, it's most definitely the place to be.
Pros
Great company culture and environment. Just loved working there.
Cons
Early mornings, late evenings.
5,0
You meet different people, this company always have meeting to help you grow especially when it comes to excellence customer service and when you are open to try your luck you never go wrong
Pros
Adidas discount
Cons
Opening pools
Culture was good
There's favouratism in the company

Fitness staff under paid

Company prefer sales team over any department.

Depending on the cgm your work load is okay
Pros
Free membership and learning opportunities
Cons
Under pay fitness staff
5,0
I love fitness because it gives me more confidence with seemingly everything in life. There is something about walking around looking and feeling fit, that makes me feel like I can take on the world. ...

I am absolutely passionate about inspiring people and making them feel that they are the best version of themselves. I have a natural ability to send out positive energy and attract like minded people to what I believe in.
Pros
Doing what I love
Cons
Salary
5,0
Very energetic environment were you meet different people of all expects in life and changing their lifestyles from a cleaner to executive of companies
Pros
Go getter
Cons
People person
5,0
It has been the best company I’ve worked for and considering the fact that it was my first real employer. I’ll always be grateful for the lesson I got to learn at Virgin Active.
4,0
It is a great company to work for. Leadership is awesome and you never stop learning at the company. Growth can take a bit long. In Sales you have to work long hours and always have to be motivated.
Pros
Fun Fast pace and educational
Cons
Long Hours
1,0
Unprofessional. The top management don't make professional decisions but rather human selective on who you are. If you make a mistake even has the highest performer and a hard worker they over look that
Pros
The comm structure then
Cons
Unfair highly unfair
3,0
Your growth is determined by who you know and for most of us it was a matter of work and know the important people not cause you wanted to be recognized but to cause you had to learn. Non the less, your growth was only determined by who you know.
2,0
Okay place to work at I have great trainers alongside me. The management dont care about personal trainers they are money hungry for rent. Planet fitness reimbursed their trainers rent for March 2020 yet Virgin Active didn't absolutely atrocious, pathetic, unethical, Virgin active are worth millions. So much more I could say its unbelievable. Unqualified staff who manage the
trainers on a national and regional level. Cant take constructive criticism absolutely a joke.
5,0
Working for VASA was a greatest opportunity for me ive learn alot operation and also with communication ive gain alot from the company the only thing was the salary for maintenance operators its too low and the is a lot of work to do than any other departments please increase the salary to atleast from minimum of 7000
4,0
I like being a receptionist because I'm a talkative person,very friendly,have a face that can represent a reception and I'm also a loving person who always like to help others.
3,0
You needed to be very professional and creative be able to travel and attend events like wellness days, sports events and school events be able to work under pressure and be target driven meaning reach targets every month...
4,0
Just do your work. Do your required numbers and participate in the team incentives. My manager at VA was the worst manager i had in my 3 years of working professional.
Pros
Everything except management
Cons
Management was bs
4,0
Good, service industry and sports recreation for health and fitness facilities.indescribably .lollipop.haughty.differ. instinctively wonderful, satisfy.
Cutthroat environment!
Terrible working hours and shifts!

Inner circle scare monger management!

Only positive is most members are very nice and make your day and become your friends