Virgin Active

Virgin Active Employee Reviews for Personal Trainer

Bring back hybrid program at least one hybrid each club and equip them with right information or education not these 1 day cec's cos these only work for people with exercise background.
Okay place to work at I have great trainers alongside me. The management dont care about personal trainers they are money hungry for rent. Planet fitness reimbursed their trainers rent for March 2020 yet Virgin Active didn't absolutely atrocious, pathetic, unethical, Virgin active are worth millions. So much more I could say its unbelievable. Unqualified staff who manage the trainers on a national and regional level. Cant take constructive criticism absolutely a joke.
It was an great learning experience and looking forward to use the skills i have learned as this company. How to work with the members and your fellow employees.
Pros
Nice working hours
Cons
Management not so good
virgin is more structure as a fitness company, I learnt to stand against competition and found my own trade and style. Management could have done better in terms marketing the trainers but the competition push trainers to be on their toes.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Winter
Stressful. Managers are all INCOMPETENT. Period. I have nothing more to say. Tygervalley club is NO flagship at all! Durbanville where i was a PT for 5 years shoud be the flagship club!
Pros
Cons
Liars all around the club.
Virgin Active is a very competitive workplace. You have to hustle and pick up clients to develop a solid base in order to get compensated well. A great place to start working.
It is a great place to work. You meet new people and can grow your business easily. Dedication and commitment can get you far. You learn something new everyday.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Virgin active gyms have the best fitness and lifestyle facilities and various budget options. Each gym has its own unique culture. The virgin active brand has a strong reputation and dominates the fitness industry in South Africa.
Pros
Strong brand reputation
Cons
Expensive rent
Great experience learning about fitness and being able to implement everything I have learnt. Was awesome helping people achieve their goals in the gym
Pros
Great
Cons
Great
good company if your interested in health and fitness and if fitness is your thing then it is the perfect company for you. needs dedication to get clients and to keep clients motivated
Started my days at 5am ending most days at 6pm. Loved the work environment and the people. Very vibrant atmosphere and great team support. Managed well.
Pros
People and culture
Cons
Long Hours
I started working at the gym 2000 as a cleaning supervisor,I pushed myself up to work as a trainer for the gym the I moved on working as personal trainer up until now.My plan is have my own gym in future.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long lunch
The Job is very interesting and fun, it comes with challenges of its own but all in all its a very good place to work. Day can start at 5:00 am and end at 9:00 pm but the rewards are worth it! Fun environment to work in. Randomly placed hours of work Gym for free Great uniform Nice colleagues
Pros
Great staff to work with
Cons
Very strange hours as clients all have a different time to gym
Working hard in a workplace brings lot of communication with different people's.manager create good communication with his employees & having good ideas
Pros
No free lunchs
Cons
Typical day at work - 4.30 am start - proceed with the training of client from 5am to 10am / again from 2pm to l 8pm What u learned - interaction, communication on all levels,an even balance with all cultures and people alike Management - a good relationship and understanding with management on all levels. Workplace culture - working with different cultures enabled me to have a better understanding with clients as well as management. This helped with the the growing of my personal character assisting me to understand the clients needs. Hardest part of the job - to motivate and the willingness to pursue the drive and passion that i have with my clients The most enjoyable part of the job - the satisfaction of seeing my clients achieve their needs and goals
Pros
Clients turn to friends
Cons
not a set salary
The club had a great culture. Mo-workers were predominantly highly determined and dedicated individuals. They were always willing to offer a helping hand. The equipment was sufficient and the club was always very clean and therefore welcoming to members. I saw a between 10 to 14 clients on a day. My main focus with regards to training is Functional and Cross Fitness. However I am very confident in old school weight training. My clients see great results and I manage to always instil a passion and a love for fitness in my clients. It is important for me that my clients are challenged but that they also enjoy our sessions.
Pros
Flexible working hours.
Cons
Some days can become very long. Lack of sleep.
Alot to learn and gives you great experience. The hours are long and have to make a lot of sacrifices. You get to know a lot of people but have to watch your back as well.
Pros
Work for yourself and Lunch whenever
Cons
Long hours and huge sacrifices
Getting to interact with people from all over the world, Learning about new cultures and not one day is ever the same. Working 12 hours a day but loving every moment of it, good management that understands and listens to individuals personally.
Pros
Set your own hours and appointments
Cons
No paid leave as you're running your own business
Great company with good morals and very fun. Always willing to go the extra mile...Management was very well put together and all of the employess was happy to be of service in this international brand.
Pros
To be healthy
Cons
Nice place to work at but under paid. Long hours and struggling to get transport for their staff. But it's a nice place for students to work at. Nice uniform though.
Though the gym was a bit quiet it was a nice environment with very friendly people. I got some great experience there and learned how to train people on a professional level and personal level.
Pros
Working own hours
Cons
Very little clientelle