Virgin Active

Virgin Active Employee Reviews for Sales Consultant

It is a great company to work for. Leadership is awesome and you never stop learning at the company. Growth can take a bit long. In Sales you have to work long hours and always have to be motivated.
Pros
Fun Fast pace and educational
Cons
Long Hours
I have been in sales and marketing for 20 years now.worked for virgin active for 4 years..without the amount of experience I have in sales I would like to grow more and take on more... I feel I have the capability and knowledge to do so and excel in it.
Pros
Uncapped com
Cons
I enjoy working there cause it challenges you mentally, physically and emotionally. As a Sales consulted It really taught me a a lot from lead generation to presentations.
Good
Good
Very energetic environment were you meet different people of all expects in life and changing their lifestyles from a cleaner to executive of companies
Pros
Go getter
Cons
People person
Unprofessional. The top management don't make professional decisions but rather human selective on who you are. If you make a mistake even has the highest performer and a hard worker they over look that
Pros
The comm structure then
Cons
Unfair highly unfair
You needed to be very professional and creative be able to travel and attend events like wellness days, sports events and school events be able to work under pressure and be target driven meaning reach targets every month...
Just do your work. Do your required numbers and participate in the team incentives. My manager at VA was the worst manager i had in my 3 years of working professional.
Pros
Everything except management
Cons
Management was bs
The company as a whole is very competitive based on the fact that the always expecting the best out of its employees.The management is professional and supportive.
Pros
They provide enough training to its employees
Cons
Their monthly target are so high
No growth, empty promises, stressfully environment,long hours working on weekends and holidays lot of swearing from management , bias managers , change of rules now and again.
I am a very versatile person who is thirsty for new challenges. So working for the company it was a true blessing for me. Virgin active is the first company to teach me true work ethics n to be a team player. I miss my job but because of family responsibilities that's the reason I resigned. I am the only child at home, single parent. Working far away from home is a big challenge for me because my mom is sick. I have to take care of her and my kids.
Company that takes care of the employees you learn more in the business I started as a 4 hour receptionist then moved to Admin assistant within 8months for a short time contract of 4months the moved back to reception for 2months then started working for sales department till current salary it's ok just that I need growth and different invironment
Performance based, competitive job, must be creative, talkative, work smart, no how to build a rapor with de customer so dt ull also gt refferels, working under the facility with de correct material, working with a system my be fast to used the computer
I've bettered my life ever since I joined the company, it's an awesome working environment and they take very good care of their employees. It has been an all round pleasurable experience.
Pros
Salary :-P
Cons
Can't really think of any
Virgin is a great company to work for realy they look after there sales staff and incentives good . Even there benefits are brilliant but they need to look into the constant turnover of staff who is the problem and stop blaming consultants for thing managers did wrong stop dismissing people left rite and centre without getting to the coure of the problem.
Hours were bad. Couldn't balance professional and personal lifestyle. Always left work hours after my shift ended. Money was really good though. Always earned really well if you work hard for your commission.
Virgin Active SA is the biggest health club in the world and he company I served the longest. I would recommend it to all my friends and family. It made me a better individual just wish there was more balance between work and family
Pros
free shopping vouchers
Cons
long hours and working on all public holidays except for Christmas.
Sales training is effective on all levels. Management is friendly and understanding on KPIs. KPIs are reasonable and attainable. Staff is friendly and focused.
Pros
Free Premium Membership
Cons
Long working hours
 Make research to understand the market and demographics of the branch environment to effectively communicate the key message to the market I will be selling within  Drive (own car) to go see clients when doing sales contracts and going to different corporate companies for marketing purposes including health days  Drive within east rand, west rand, south rand and north rand to make it more convenient for  Clients  Drive to a specific area to set up a promotion with full branding of the company  Set face to face appointments to clients and drive to go meet them for a specific deal agreement  Generate own leads  Selling memberships to achieve monthly set budget and sales goals  Completing all administrative procedures as required by the company during the process of making a deal  Market virgin active proactively to the community around the club or corporate organizations with medical aid affiliated with virgin active SA  Actively follow up on the leads generated or provided in the club and around the market  Develop and build great member networks and relationships with current and new members  Call to make minimum number of bookings as per the company policy to reach a set target smount of appointments  Make service calls to check on new and existing clients once in a while
Pros
constant service trainings
Cons
Great place to work aty, I love fitness and I have been a member for years. Fitness and health is one of my passions and I have worked here for almost 2 years.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
Hardworking,passion, team player,ambition. I do take my job seriously.. Always willing 2 learn more about company. Very loud and a fun person to have around
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
8 hours of work
Virgin Active was a character building job, I got to learn a lot about how I prefer to work more than anything. I discovered a lot of my stregnths and weakness. I grew on that company, I lso started understanding the job requirement of an employer. All the rules and regulations of a good sales consultant
Pros
Salary, wifi
Cons
Long hours.