Virgin Active

Virgin Active Employee Reviews for Sales and Marketing Manager

Virgin Active is one of the best and biggest international company. Its is wonderful in all aspect however since beginning of 2019 after change of ownership the company has hurt a lot of people.
Pros
Good commission steucture.
Cons
Caree growth pattern not up to scratch
Virgin Active is one of the best Company’s to work for In South Africa as the compinsatiin you can get is out of this world. Although it can be long hours and hard work the hard work realy pays of and if you have goals you can realy achieve it at this Company
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
6 day worker
Pros
Good commission steucture.
Cons
Caree growth pattern not up to scratch
The money is great and the earning potential is awesome but the people are bad.. especially top level management constantly making you feel expendable and replaceable as opposed to valued.
Pros
Freedom and good money
Cons
Micro management
I have nothing bad to say about virgin active I learned you never bite the hand that fed you. It is an amazing company to work for as all companies it has its good and bad points but that should not bother you just focus on the positive and how to make money. All I can say is virgin active knows how to look after there sales team.
Cons
medical aid, pension, place of groweth, insentives
A normal day should be planned the day before, planned calls, emails, folow up on referrals, leads, walkings and visitors. Be out on the floor, interact with customers, Find out who are they enjoying the Gym, do they need any help with thier fitness programme etc. The game is sales baby, marketing, promoting....promoting......promoting.. Calling.....calling etc At the time of me being employed with Virgin the management was awesome. The work culture was challenging as there were lots of unhappy people working and fighting amongst each other. I truly loved it because I have a passion for fitness.
Hard but fun work with good rewards. Very social environment and constantly meeting new people. Long working hours and perfectly suited to a single person.
Pros
Free Gym membership
Cons
Typical day would start at around 7 am - 8 pm. There was absolutely no space for growth as a sales consultant other in the sales environment. Staff seemed to get on exceptionally well but in sales it was difficult because of pressure to perform every day, all day between 6 - 7 days a week. Sales staff were often divided and building relationships with staff was difficult because people left before they even made it to 6 weeks because of the pressure and demand of the job. Hardest part of the job was standing on side of roads handing out flyers and performing on edge constantly, however the most enjoyable for me was going to wellness days where I met a lot of people, did needs analysis', made connections which I believed I would be able to connect with in other possible spheres of business. I learnt how to sell and POPI Act was drummed into us, I learned to listen intensely to needs of clients and staff and hold my head up high despite the challenges. Albeit a very challenging environment I definitely learnt a lot for which I am grateful. This also most definitely refined me as a person.
Pros
Medical aid, pension fund
Cons
Hours
Morning meetings, with a motivated Team is a great way of starting your day. I've learned how to manage my time, as well as self management skills. Management is always there to help with anything - Work related or personal. Staff in all departments are friendly and full of energy (from working out at the gym before our shift starts) There is nothing hard about being in sales, all you need is to stay focused and keep the team motivated Meeting new people from different backgrounds everyday is really enjoyable (and making money as well)
Pros
incentives, and working out for free
i did learn a lot in dealing with clients and i was also given a chance to train as a Sales and Marketing Manager. They is constant training about new things and trends in the market.
Pros
freindly enviroment
Cons
lomng hours
The job was very stressful and it is not meant for weak people. I made alot of sales for the company and i was one of the most hardworking consultants with good feedback.
Pros
Wifi, incentives
Cons
Performance base job, target has to be met. Develop new client base daily. Daily performance review by management Culture is great customers comes first Not service current client base and looking for new( Too high targets) Being in contact with client daily
Pros
You have a free gym membership
Cons
Working in a vibrant healthy environment is a natural motivation. Co-workers and customers alike brought a constant energy to the workplace on a daily basis. Great interaction with people and learning a broad range of management skills and managing people
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Flexible working hours however was a very unique environment. Started work between 8 and 9 then start making calls to leads collected the previous day for about two hours then after that we would go out to canvass for more leads. I have learned a lot from this company especially on a sales background and customer service. Enjoyed the free adidas gear we were always given and the company culture was absolutely amazing.
Pros
Incentives were good
Cons
Target driven
: leading and motivating the sales team into achieve their personal goals, driving revenue into the business, Hands on personal development with each consultant. Facilitating training sessions. Driving sales result, meeting tight deadlines and, meeting performance objectives and KPIs. Staffing/hiring, performance management training, sales coaching and demonstrating genuine leadership.
Pros
god commission
Cons
Its a great work plays and you learn to work with various teams to up your sales games and also you get to work with different people and learn about a health lifestyle which its a good thing. The company is also growing fast which is a good for growth and having a career in the company
Pros
The is alot of incentives in play which makes things exciting
Cons
limited time to learn more about the company
Fun place loads of exposure to interesting people and enviroments ,Co-workers fun and happy surroundiings
Pros
Certificates, oversea trips and money as incentive
Cons
working every day 7days a week
Virgin active is the market leader with regards to health and fitness within the Southern African segment. The company embodies its brand values of fun, innovation, challenge the norm, excellent customer service and value for money. The company has taught me a lot of skills as well as trained me on various management initiatives. I enjoy a competitive basic salary as well as a good commission structure. I am the leader of a energetic sales force. We go about setting up mall promotions as well as corporate wellness days to acquire new business. The most enjoyable part of the job is shooting out my targets and getting paid for it. The hardest part of my job is that I work long hours and this negatively impacts of my family life.
Pros
Competitive remuneration
Cons
Virgin active is a fun place to work, my colleagues are great we have a great sense of family. typical day at work includes, confirming my appointments, calls to set up appointments for the next day, present to my appointments for the day, write sales, submit the documents to admin, bank the money and generate more business. the hard part is the working hours, the day hardly goes as planned so I find myself working up to 11 hours a day. working weekends and public holidays is also strenuous as I have a family. the most enjoyable part is seeing people I have signed a while ago and supported throughout their fitness goals swing a difference and telling me that I changed their lives.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours and working weekends and public holidays
Interacting with customers reading emails staff training analyzing gym stats recruiting members to join
Pros
Lots of fun
Cons
Strict Policies
Human resource shift scheduling member service front of house management
Pros
good environmet
Cons
no security
  1. Sales and Marketing Manager