Virgin Active

Virgin Active Pay & Benefits reviews

I enjoy my job but I feel they are unfair to how they pay there staff we are 3 staff that has the same job description but we all earn different salary, the one who earns the least does more than the one that earns the most. We work over our hours we don't get double pay on a Sunday or public holiday
Pros
Good environment to learn
Cons
Need to move yourself out as soon as experience is gained
I love fitness because it gives me more confidence with seemingly everything in life. There is something about walking around looking and feeling fit, that makes me feel like I can take on the world. ... I am absolutely passionate about inspiring people and making them feel that they are the best version of themselves. I have a natural ability to send out positive energy and attract like minded people to what I believe in.
Pros
Doing what I love
Cons
Salary
Working for VASA was a greatest opportunity for me ive learn alot operation and also with communication ive gain alot from the company the only thing was the salary for maintenance operators its too low and the is a lot of work to do than any other departments please increase the salary to atleast from minimum of 7000
Best work experience, Opportunities For growth. Invest in their stuff by consistently offering training and product knowledge. The company also offer the employees excellent staff benefits.
I worked for the company for a period of about 5 years as a yoga instructor. The hourly rate was low and it used to go up by R5 per year, yes, R5. I had a very good attendance in my classes and I was very reliable as they sent me all over the show to provide yoga classes but I got very little in return.
fun and open plan office. Great teamwork with my subordinates , we worked together as a family. Very high targets but we were consistent in achieving them
benefits
Cons
longest hours
It is good working for Virgin Active but it is Stressing because of transport and the Salary. The opening of the club is frustrating and not safe for me
I worked for Virgin Active for almost 15 years however my salary was lower than R10.000. The reason I stayed so long is their working culture, fun activities, chances to grow as they provide staff with training.
It was an excellent environment and I loved my job and always looked for an opportunity to grow. The have excellent benefits and always growing staff.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Virgin Active?
Company that takes care of the employees you learn more in the business I started as a 4 hour receptionist then moved to Admin assistant within 8months for a short time contract of 4months the moved back to reception for 2months then started working for sales department till current salary it's ok just that I need growth and different invironment
Virgin Active management is poor, they will show you the nicer benefits of the company and tell you that you'll be trained properly and next thing you are on your own and told you're about to lose your job
The environment at Virgin Active was relaxed, the staff in general was friendly. However the salary benefits were not satisfactory. The working hours were also exhausting and did not fit into my home life.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Odd hours
Focus on what u are employed for, work hard in getting the benefit of getting the incentives, attent work on daily basis to ensure u dont fall behind with your work.
Pros
Free gym access
Cons
Extra hours
I've bettered my life ever since I joined the company, it's an awesome working environment and they take very good care of their employees. It has been an all round pleasurable experience.
Pros
Salary :-P
Cons
Can't really think of any
I love working at the gym just some things you have to sacrifice because we cannot change everything especially the weekend especially Sunday in and some holidays you find that you using your own transportation is better but public transportation is not available. But besides that it is nice to work in the gym.
Virgin is a great company to work for realy they look after there sales staff and incentives good . Even there benefits are brilliant but they need to look into the constant turnover of staff who is the problem and stop blaming consultants for thing managers did wrong stop dismissing people left rite and centre without getting to the coure of the problem.
Hours were bad. Couldn't balance professional and personal lifestyle. Always left work hours after my shift ended. Money was really good though. Always earned really well if you work hard for your commission.
It can be fun at times when interacting with members and doing classes. There is very lively and vibrant energy on the floor. Overtime is never paid and management isn't very useful. Pay isn't great.
They only care about the company and nothing else, Salary is a disgrace especially for those working with the kids some employees is working there for over 15 years and their salary is still below R5000.00. People sacrifice alot by working shifts starting 4:30am till 21:30pm but their efforts dont get recognised nor appreciated
I have started working at Virgin active as a Receptionist from 2013 December and became an administrator in 2015 until now and I am not satisfied with my salary benefit..
Pros
Company benefits
Cons
Low Salary and long hours
Virgin Active is one of the best Company’s to work for In South Africa as the compinsatiin you can get is out of this world. Although it can be long hours and hard work the hard work realy pays of and if you have goals you can realy achieve it at this Company
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
6 day worker