Vital Health Foods

Vital Health Foods Employee Reviews

South Africa25 reviews
5,0
There are good and bad days but mostly you have good days. The working environment is super nice. The people are open minded, friendly and helpful. You always looking forward to be on site.
Pros
Excellent working experience
Cons
Working on weekends and long hours.
4,0
It is been so good to work for vital but there is no much growth within the company,i have been a laboratory analyst since 2015 and there are no added responsibilities of becoming maybe a senior analyst where you will supervise the work in the lab
5,0
We were rewarded with voucher for keeping the work clean and flowing thier procedures.
I got lot of experience there I never new such experience will come
Pros
Uif
Cons
Uif
4,0
Vitals' culture was friendly, embrasing with a very strong loyalty amongst those who had been there over time.
People took their jobs seriously .

They had a policy of working 'agile' which mean from any place as long as you got the job done. This was seen as a huge positive. Management were professional and given accountaility
4,0
A great place for an intern to be at for learning and gaining experience purposes. Mostly staff benefits should apply to casuals too as they are part of productions as well
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
Demanding workload
3,0
I like to work at a place were I can express myself were I can work hard and learn at the same time. I love working with people. I also love working in a team or I can work on my own.
Pros
transport to and from work
Cons
not getting rewarded for the work that you have done
4,0
New management, unfortunately did not have a chance to get to know them. Good principles, lovely brand to work with (heritage). Work life balance excellent.
Hardest part of the job - probably offering cutting edge products in a very competitive market.

Enjoyable - it is wonderful when people tell you their 'growing up with Vital' stories - it makes you extra proud to be associated with a company with such great values.
Pros
Work life balance - can work agile
Cons
limited budget
5,0
Great management I mean they spot every individuals performance and they will praise you when you are performming well and give a promotion for good work.
Pros
free lunches on fridays
Cons
standing the whole day
5,0
Awesome team mix of young and experienced. Phenomenal brand
known by 80% of South Africans . A pleasure to work with a brand that enhances the lives of people .
Pros
Heath care, team work, constant updating and brand knowledge edcuation .
4,0
Although I I say its fun, the work required is really time constricted. Im sure thats how it is at a lot of companies, but they are too focused on the time it takes to complete a job, than the quality..
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Working different shifts every week
3,0
Routine Testing of Raw Materials,and Updating specifications according to BP,USP and other standard Regulations
Healthy work place and quality based.
Pros
Flexi hours
5,0
The atmosphere at Vital Health Foods was great and they offer sports courses during the breaks. In the lab we validated testing methods for the products.
3,0
> High amounts of samples to be tested on a monthly basis, with most of the work coming in at the beginning and end of the month.
>Racially based buddy promotion system.

> No recognition for extra work i.e. no performance bonus, we are all treated the same regardless of effort.

> Mostly friendly environment with racial cliques which create a somewhat uncomfortable environment.

> Management has an open door policy with no feedback.
Pros
Flexible hours, on-site gym
Cons
Long hours, No guaranteed bonus, No performance bonus, No medical aid
5,0
A typical day at work in the mornings the supervisor first have a discussion with us about the planning of the day.
I have learned a lot, how to operate machine and general things.

The management was very good.

The workplaces was good, I worked in a very good enviroment.

I was working with very good people.

The hardest part of the job was the cleaning and stripping of machines'

The enjoyable part of the job was, I enjoy in what I was doing.
Pros
Free lunch on a Friday
Cons
the hours was ok
4,0
And excellent company to work for. Did courses in first aid and fire fighting. Became computer literate through them. The hardest part was when they out sourced my department with consideration for our future.
3,0
Perform all testing correctly and accurately according to cGMP and cGLP. Performing swabbing analysis, finished goods testing, in-process, raw material, sampling and narcotics stock take. Review of all analyst notebooks.
Managing
Respect

Management still had to learn how to treat people

Excellent co workers

Pilferage

Reaching daily targets
3,0
Working for a company that have been in the pharmaceutical business is quite interesting. This is a truly family orientated company and have seen generations of family members (staff and Director level) showing their dedication, loyalty and pride towards the business.

A typical day is to report for duty at least 30 minutes before start of shift to do a status of the production over the shifts, do hand over of the teams and prioritize and plan activities for the next 24 hours.

Complete OEE and give feedback to top management before management meeting.

I have learned to always be on top of things and react swiftly to any unforeseen situation to minimize the impact on production (or the business). To be consistent and fair. Being polite never killed anyone and that you choose your day!

We have a very diverse management that comes from different environments and industries and all want one thing, For the company to do well.

I work well with my co-workers and try to motivate them as far possible to always do well, strive on excellence and have pride in ownership. We have a great company culture that enables all to work as individual teams and have a company goal to allow the departments to work together in creating multi-skilled people.

The hardest part of my job is sometimes when I have to get first line management to bring their part to get the flow of production right to ensure we not only get the physical part of our activities through the chains of supply, but the documentation (electronic) side as well.

I enjoy the small victories in our team and also enjoy
 - more...
Pros
Opportunity to further studies, exciting team building and company fuctions.
Cons
No Medical aid and guarenteed 13th cheque.
4,0
I have learnt some many new skills and life skills at the teams from Vital.

The culture and vibe is amazing around here.

New product development in the VMS and foods sector will definitely give them a advantage above the rest.
4,0
General feeling... Family/friendly, open-door policy and great work/life balance.

- Average years of employment... 8+ years.

- Average age of Operators... ±25 years old. (99% males)

- Working hours... 8hrs on 3-shift rotation, 07h30-15h30-23h30.

- Transport... only at night pick-up/drop-off.

- Overtime... Required occasionally.

It's one of the nicest places to work at but salary-wise, try to negotiate well before you start.
Pros
Gym on site, staff discount on sales, on-site Sister and weekly Doctor, study leave and bursaries, free transport whilst on shift.
Cons
Salary is low in comparison to the market.
2,0
Due to poor planning it has contributed to work under pressure chasing dead lines towards the end of the month.

growing company.