Vital Health Foods
3,9 out of 5 stars.

Vital Health Foods Employee Reviews

South Africa29 reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

Had fun with my friends at work

I loved working there because of the enviroment and made friends quickly when i started there.The management team are always helpfull when you ask something or need advice.They a very productive company and thats what i like about the company and also gives you training when its needed.

Workplace culture

Very diverse working environment. A typical day at work woud consist of morning meetings. I learnt alot while I was there and would jump at an opportunity to work there again. Hardest part of the job was inflouencing the safety culture. Most enjoyable was to be given full proxy as to how you want to work. Management was good.

Vital is a wonderful place to work for if you can handle to work under stress.

I worked for Vital for nearly 10 years. It is a stable company to work for.The clinic is very nice and well equipped.It is a busy clinic doing Primary Health Care, Occupational Health care and Wellness.

productive and fun working environment

Vital Health Foods is fun working environment you meet different people with positive vibes and you enjoy your self it is not a stressing environment, you learn different things if you are a forward person

Pros

n/a

Cons

normal hours

Draining and toxic

Been working for the company for a few years and it has become toxic ever since, the is literally no growth. Management don't have any people skills and is childish

Pros

Salary

Cons

No growth, toxic environment

Best company to gain working experience and getting used to working under pressure at a fast pace.

There are good and bad days but mostly you have good days. The working environment is super nice. The people are open minded, friendly and helpful. You always looking forward to be on site.

Pros

Excellent working experience

Cons

Working on weekends and long hours.

Productive and no growth in career

It is been so good to work for vital but there is no much growth within the company,i have been a laboratory analyst since 2015 and there are no added responsibilities of becoming maybe a senior analyst where you will supervise the work in the lab

Working at vital found it very responsible for other people health

We were rewarded with voucher for keeping the work clean and flowing thier procedures. I got lot of experience there I never new such experience will come

Pros

Uif

Cons

Uif

Productive , professional and stimulating.

Vitals' culture was friendly, embrasing with a very strong loyalty amongst those who had been there over time. People took their jobs seriously . They had a policy of working 'agile' which mean from any place as long as you got the job done. This was seen as a huge positive. Management were professional and given accountaility

A good place to learn at and get experience at

A great place for an intern to be at for learning and gaining experience purposes. Mostly staff benefits should apply to casuals too as they are part of productions as well

Pros

Flexi hours

Cons

Demanding workload

Productive and Fun

I like to work at a place were I can express myself were I can work hard and learn at the same time. I love working with people. I also love working in a team or I can work on my own.

Pros

transport to and from work

Cons

not getting rewarded for the work that you have done

Productive Workplace

New management, unfortunately did not have a chance to get to know them. Good principles, lovely brand to work with (heritage). Work life balance excellent. Hardest part of the job - probably offering cutting edge products in a very competitive market. Enjoyable - it is wonderful when people tell you their 'growing up with Vital' stories - it makes you extra proud to be associated with a company with such great values.

Pros

Work life balance - can work agile

Cons

limited budget

great place to work at

Great management I mean they spot every individuals performance and they will praise you when you are performming well and give a promotion for good work.

Pros

free lunches on fridays

Cons

standing the whole day

Awesome supportive environment to work

Awesome team mix of young and experienced. Phenomenal brand known by 80% of South Africans . A pleasure to work with a brand that enhances the lives of people .

Pros

Heath care, team work, constant updating and brand knowledge edcuation .

Cons

In my opinion, once you get to know the people and make friends, its a fun place

Although I I say its fun, the work required is really time constricted. Im sure thats how it is at a lot of companies, but they are too focused on the time it takes to complete a job, than the quality..

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Working different shifts every week

Routine Testing of Raw Materials,and Updating specifications according to BP,USP and other standard Regulations Healthy work place and quality based.

Pros

Flexi hours

Excellent workplace

The atmosphere at Vital Health Foods was great and they offer sports courses during the breaks. In the lab we validated testing methods for the products.

Productive and fun work place

A typical day at work in the mornings the supervisor first have a discussion with us about the planning of the day. I have learned a lot, how to operate machine and general things. The management was very good. The workplaces was good, I worked in a very good enviroment. I was working with very good people. The hardest part of the job was the cleaning and stripping of machines' The enjoyable part of the job was, I enjoy in what I was doing.

Pros

Free lunch on a Friday

Cons

the hours was ok

A productive and fun work place

And excellent company to work for. Did courses in first aid and fire fighting. Became computer literate through them. The hardest part was when they out sourced my department with consideration for our future.

Lab Analyst

Perform all testing correctly and accurately according to cGMP and cGLP. Performing swabbing analysis, finished goods testing, in-process, raw material, sampling and narcotics stock take. Review of all analyst notebooks.

Fun Place

Managing Respect Management still had to learn how to treat people Excellent co workers Pilferage Reaching daily targets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vital Health Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance