Vodacom

Vodacom Employee Reviews in Bellville, Western Cape

Bellville, Western Cape15 reviews

Employee insight

Very demanding environment with stringent targets and procedures. Time keeping and punctuality are very strongly driven. The environment has a warm homelike feel to it, everyone is like 1 big family.

Productive and fun place to work

Best company that i have worked for. Benefits are great and the company takes care of its staff. Very good company to work for and to retire, lots of growth and departments to do mentor-ships to eventually path your future career.

Pros

company benefits, free cellphone and contracts

Pioneers in customer service

Great at implementing systems and products. Good at branding internally and treats employees well in terms of benefits and compensation. Lifelong culture.

Good Job

A typical day was to go through the previous nights event logs of my environments. Any further work or maintenance was completed by me in a timely manner. I learnt a lot in managing so many different environments and all the hardware and software know how to go along with it. The culture was good and a real togetherness. Everybody help each other where help was need and when needing to swap a day for support was easy as all was willing. The manager was very good. He got on with his work and allowed you to as well. The hardest part of the job was the 24 hour support over a week as the alerts keeps you up through the night. The most enjoyable part was the work.

Pros

The work and the office environment

Cons

24 hour support

Great vibe and culture

Awesome environment and people. Management was good, motivated people. Lots of growth and constant development. Felt like a family. Invested in their employees

Work activities

It is OK but productive. What I have learned is to always satisfy a customer. And the management is professional and good. Culture is diverse, the hardest part is long hours of work that can make you miserable because of transport. What I enjoyed is long hours of break.

Pros

Free lunches and breaks

Cons

Fun and challenging work place

Exciting!fun,its a good place to be around with!product is good! Challenging, good thing I love challenge! It just that the is no offered transport!

Pros

Dree

Cons

12 hours

Fun yet work orientated

Work starts as soon as you enter the office. Each day differs from the previous ones. I have learned that your work ethics and the approach to it matters and determines who you are in the work place. Management in my department is enjoyable to work with. It is easy to approach them and allows for transparent communication and interactions to occur. My co-workers are all hard workers that are strong orientated towards addressing the complaints of our various clients. They are able to have fun when the situation calls for it, and work when they need to. The hardest part of my job is the decreasing amount of growth opportunities available to me. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers and the synergy that we have with one another.

Pros

Flexible lunch hours

Cons

The increased dependence on other departments to assist with resolving client complaints.

productive and fun

We I have learned about true customer service and how challenging it can be on some days . management is okay because they don't get into your hair as long as you do your job and use all resources available.it is a friendly environment and can be very fun as much as it can be stressful .

Good workplace

For my a typical day at work was assisting costumers as best as I can. I've grown a lot at Vodacom, I dealt with different tipes of people on a daily basis. Management was always supportive to the extend of sending out the right message to the public. The hard part of my joob was dealing with a difficult costumer but I alwys tried to keep the customers happy and satisfied. For me it was about giving the costumer the right information and keeping the company's name up high.

Pros

Working for a well brand campany.

Cons

The shifts

Relaxed Workspace

Performing Quality assurance checks on all Tweets, Facebook posts and calls from agents to customers, ensuring all content is correct and accurate. Learn to respect the person you dealing with and to understand where the person is coming from. Management is very easy going and always listen if you have something to say To keep every customer happy To "meet" new people every day

Pros

Team Buildings, Flexiable with shifts

Cons

N/a

Im an optimist, love listening to people and interacting with them...and always feel that another person is worth my time.

My day normally starts at 6:30am. i mainly deal with queries received via our Socialmedia, email and web chat. I find job satisfaction in what I do, especially if I can resolve a query with the first contact. Our workplace is dynamic and very diverse but filled with a lot of respect for people. I have learned that if i want anything and achieve success, i will need to work smart, go the extra mile and always take ownership of everything I do. I believe having a great attitude in any situation somehoe lighthens the challenge. The hardest past of my job is when i have to rely on another role player to resolve a query and they display no urgency in the matter. The most enjoyable past of my job is knowing that i make most clients happy and through that I am a brand ambasodor for my employer.

Pros

Free airtime

Cons

Too far from home and little flexibility in my required working time.

It was fun working there except the fact that I was a Temp for a very long time

I enjoyed working at Vodacom more especial in emails contact centre department. We were like one big family at that department starting from the cleaners, kitchen staff up to the management. Every week (tuesdays) we would have meeting whereby somebody who has done well (on serrvice level) would receive a price ( just a small price i.e sweets, chocolate, free lunch etc) and that was realy motivational. The hardest part at work it was when there is a long queue of emails coming in and because we were not meeting the service levels as the department and the management would not be happy about that.

Competitive workplace

Enjoyable, competitive, fast paced environment filled with challenges, & opportunities.

Energetic and Passionate people, PBO, Supportive Management, Strong focus on values (Speed, Simplicity, Trust)

Vodacom is a Purpose Based Organisation with a very open style of management. There is a strong focus on the individual to determine his own future and career path.A typical day at work consists of lots of meetings. There is therefore a strong drive to be creative and become more productive during meetings. Work hard, Play hard.Vodacom employees are generally very passionate and energetic. It stems from the original Vodacom culture of "to be the best, we employ the best".There are lots of opportunities at Vodacom. You are not limited in growth on a horizontal level. The downside however is that vertical advancement is somewhat limited.

Pros

open approachable management, nice co-workers

Cons

high level of commitment expected can often-times invade family time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vodacom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Vodacom