Vodacom

Vodacom Employee Reviews in Midrand, Gauteng

work hard play hard

a typical day at work: a cutting edge company with a highly competent workforce what i learnt: stakeholder management is critical management: focused workplace culture: work hard play hard hardest part of the job: long hours most enjoyable part of the job: Completion of a project.

Productive and fun working place

Good company to work for, improvements still required though. Most policies and processes are not being followed to ensure a smooth running of the business acytivities.Staff needs to ensure compliance to change management methodologies and the integrated landscape by monitoring and reporting on project governance, control, allocation of financial resourcing and capacity.

Pros

Good cell phone allowance

Cons

Working long hours

110%all the time

We work hard but still have time for a joke. We bent backward to make a plan to keep the network operational. One big caring family. First is everything second nothing.

It was a great experience and would recommend it for anyone

Work environment very professional and supporting, knowledge of what you doing is very important. Colleagues are supportive and willing to help in any way.

Pros

Enjoyable

Cons

Future Not guaranteed

productive and fun work place

Energy filled and a good mix of cultures to achieve. Good benefits and job security, work life balance is vital and is taken seriously. There are opportunities to study and further your knowledge.

Fast Pased, changing environment

At Vodacom you have the opportunity to come up with various ideas and implement them. You also have global exposure with Vodafone as the holding company. With the move from telco to techco, there is a lot of change. You have to think on your feet and continuously strive to remain relevant.

Fun workplace

It was exciting. My team were like family to me. Work was distributed evenly and we all created a bond through teamwork. The company provided opportunity for an individual to upgrade oneself educationally.. Also created time for workers to have funtime. Gym for relaxation. Clinical attention was provided.

Get to work, Do some admin, Do your job, Have lunch Do your job, Go home It is a typical everyday hustle and bustle. The company is constantly busy updating and changing its ways to be more in line with the sister company Vodafone

Pros

Good name

Cons

Famous name

Working as Sales support contacting clients on a daily basis to provide quality service and check if their queries are sortedat turn around time or priotised. I have learnhow to handle different types of client and treat each one of them accordingly and not to promise what u can't deliver. To convince them to buy my products and trust in me so that I can improve my monthly target. I was enjoying when I provide quality service and make them to feel that they are my only customers and to visit them on a daily basis so that they can feel free to make business with me. Give them the necessary information they need . My job was very simple because I was working smart just to win the heart of my clients and make sure they all know who they are working with . Getting new clients and retaining my existing customers wa very important to me so that I can grow my database. Part time I was doing network marketing , buying and selling . My target was to sing up as many customers as I can bcz i was earning by commission. I was making sure that Every month I exceed my target so that i can earn more.

productive and fun working place but they can do better

they took me in without experience in fraud or qualification and gave me experience gave me opportunities to write my certifications not so good management structure but workable fair workplace culture monitoring have to give client the bad news that they have been hacked enjoyed closing and stopping hackers from hacking our clients.

great place

A good place to work. Good team to work with. No complaints. I do not have any more to say. That's it. No more. Great location - easy to get to. Free parking.

Productive, just and fun workplace with a lot of entertainments

Vodacom is an excellent company to work for although I'm a contractor because I have firstly falled in love with the culture and the environment until I met the employees and figured out that they're more supportive and team work is the key to achieve most of our task and it really does produce the desired results.

Pros

Weekend off

Productive workplace

Working in Vodacom was a great start. It set the foundation for how I would cope in a coperate environment. While working in the 'Claims Department' I learnt how to manage time and get my tasks done quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Comfortable work place and fun with loving staff

I was employed by CapCorp on behalf of Vodacom , working for the company was exiting the problem was the salary and the company being based in Midrand was too far for the salary i was receiving and the hard work I put in. There was no incentives and the Outsourcing company CapCorp made so many empty promises

Pros

Free Wi-Fi Free Data

Cons

No incentives

Vodacom

Vodacom is an excellent place to work at and I haven't been happier at a job when comparing to Vodacom. On a daily basis I am challenged to learn new things and advance as an analyst and modeler.

Vodacom Best

i contract to Vodacom, but it is the best company in the world from how i see they treat and pay their employees.anyone will be so lucky to be employed by them. I only have an issue with that they do not employ male secretaries. LGBT modernization has not focused on such areas

Pros

High pay grade, Leave days, Bonus's

Cons

they do not employ male admin staff

Focus, Goal driven and able to work under any condition

I have learned a lot and still am.Management and leadership styles from manager to manager. Strategic thinking,decision & making for network upgrades.

Pros

Getting JOB DONE, Ability to focus

Job Function

• Planning and prioritizing projects •Prepare a test plan and a test script for each software component to demonstrate the business condition under test & anticipated results. • Working with the RISK team to conduct solution risk assessments. • Provide regular feedback to project manager regarding progress. • Produce timelines for solution testing.

Vodacm

The daily tasks were varied and I lent from the executive management on people management. A good workplace culture which thrived on empowerment......... The hardest part was travelling at night since data spectrum was not at the level we see today. Fixing problems remotely sucked then.. Traing was good and the social scene was just as good.

Pros

Good bonuses

Cons

The travelling to work...

Enjoy working at Vodacom and the experience I gained. Team spirit and the culture, I'm so grateful for the opportunity I got to work for Vodacom.And I'm grateful for the support I received from the Seniors

Pros

Team work

Fun place to work

This was a temporary post and i was handling Retentions for corporate clients. It was exciting and enjoyable to talk to the who's who of the Corporate world and to simplify the upgrades for them and not take too much time out of their busy schedules.

Pros

No free lunches, there was a cafeteria where you can buy whatever food you wanted

Cons

The hours were just fine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vodacom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Vodacom
  • Midrand, Gauteng
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?