Vodacom

Vodacom Employee Reviews in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape

Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape17 reviews

productive and fun work place

Core network RAN Transmission Radio planning and optimization - 2G , 3G and LTE Its a fun place to work in and also you get to work with the best engineers and technicians

Really not nice

Targets are set to high for individuals targets, micromanagement. And no team work. You don't get paid overtime or on holidays, your insentive cards gets taken away if you don't reach your individual targets

Pros

Cons

Long hours and no overtime pay

Flexible hours and reasonable work/life balance.

Well, most of the time I worked outdoors and sometimes in other city's. I learnt how to deal with customers in the right manner. It is a nice working environment because you get to meet different customers everyday and my colleagues were fun people to work with. It was not all fun because I had to make a lot of sales as I had to up my game and work hard.Overall,it was nice working for Vodacom because it is a big company in the telecommunication industry and we as salesman had benefits that came with working for Vodacom like commission and hampers.

Pros

Commissions.

Cons

Work Weekends.

Im motivated for sales

I am in a sales environment and gets inspired helping customers with customer related issues and data related queries. Being in the sales environment is quite challenging and very interesting.

Pros

Commision

Cons

weekend work

interntion

I was a student and it was part of the diploma. It involved a lot of traveling and not to suitable environments. I be came nomadic

Pros

travelling

Cons

Distance

Great working enviroment to be working in

working at Vodacom as a DSR was one of the best jobs I have had they offer support to their staff members in any form they could possibly know off do a regular check up on the staff members working in the field.

Pros

productive traini sessions

Cons

transport, security, working hours, training hours.

Fun Work environment

I learned a lot about cell phone networks. I enjoyed working with my team as it was a happy space the team worked well together.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Confined working space

great company to work for

this was a great experience to be part of a business that know what they want. People are valued and appreciate. I grew in my career and achieved many of my goals i set. they provided all the training i needed to grow.

Pros

subsidised phones

Cons

stress

I like the fact that most of the times I ma working independently althought I get to work with others sometimes

The most enjoyable part of my job iis inter acting with students and the hardest part is having to wait for people who do not meet deadline dates.

Pros

Finishing early

Cons

Early Lectures

Energetic, fun, satisfaction, growth

My day consist out of training and developing staff to meet sales goals, product knowledge and provide leadership, merchandising according to specification, pricing, review orders placed, maintain customer and client relationships, administration, competitive advantage in the field, liaising with my LM. I have learnt with passion, energy and enthusiasm and hard work, any task given can be a success. I work very well with my co-workers assisting each other with problem solving, marketing ideas and staffing solutions. The hardest part of my work is not meeting targets due to the fluctuating market, staff members who do not want to perform. Most enjoyable part of my work is customer / client satisfaction and service, long standing working relationships, meeting sales targets and successfully trained staff

Pros

Growth and development

Cons

Safety travelling on the roads

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vodacom?

Working for amazing managers,with the friendliest staff ever

I learned a lot everyday there people there are very nice very good management Professional telecommunications Company Personal interaction with people and accounts on a daily basis. Sometimes office environment, sometimes at the customer care store, and sometimes visiting clients in their businesses

Pros

Great environment to work with professionally, manager is respectful, no drama, everyone is very friendly and inviting not forgeting fun staff compettions, and lunchs

Cons

Contract ending in March so i had to relocate to Johannesburg

Constantly challenging

1. Everyone had to account for every minute of the shift, from the first to the last minute of the scheduled time. 2. Vodacom thought me to respect time and be punctual at all time, manage time effectively in order to maximise the output. 3. Management provided support at all times and they believed in our potential. They listened to us and allowed us freedom to thing instead of being controlled by procedures. 4. Majority of my co-workers were located on Cape Town as I am in Port Elizabeth but that did not seem like that. I made so many friends as if they are local. 5. The hardest part was when I had to coach teammates when they are on incapacity coaching. I had to report mostly on negatives habits. 6. I enjoyed irate customers, especially when they vent then give me a chance to help. When I solve their problems they always perceive Vodacom the opposite way than before they interacted with me.

Pros

Best company to have worked for, I have was thought too much.

Cons

Termination of employment was unbearable.

Telecommunications

An extremely competitive industry which is constantly evolving on a daily bases. The amount of knowledge and information gained from this company and industry is absolutely priceless.

Casual and Fun, but Performance driven

Work shifts, so depending on my start time, will get to work and do my daily reports, do the roll call, assist agents with irate customers, if necessary and do performance management as and when required. Management is open and honest and follow an open door policy, my co-workers has become like family as we have been working together for a long time. The hardest part of my job is trying to assist a customer, but not having access to all the systems to ensure that the customer's problem is resolved. The other part is the disciplinary process, as this can sometimes take months to be truly effective. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that we believe in having fun in the workplace.

Pros

Company Perks

Cons

Working till midnight at times

ever changing enviroment

A typical day at work would consist of a 6.5 hr day. Login at the time your shift would start and customer service begins. I have learned quite a bit from the call centre namly the importance of customer service. Being in the cellular industry, operating systems and new technology is ever changing. The best way to get the job done is to be updated and what is out there in the tecno world. Subscribers often discover most of the products and offerings for there devices alot sooner than the call centre does. Vodacom has continuous training sessions on new developements and products customers are exposed to, enabling us to provide them with the best service possible. Management has always maintained their open door policy, being a flexi agent and being contracted with a agency, the chain of communication are at times a bit difficult. There seems to be alot of red tape involved.I have met life long friends since i walked into the doors of vodacom. The hardest part of my job is trying to assist a customer, that refuses to follow instruction. The best part is assisting a customer whether it be with a successful connection or something as simple giving them instructions as to how to check their airtime balances. The simple "thank you so much for assisting me"

Pros

best team building

Cons

no permanent prospects

Productive and happy in workplace

I have learned to be professional, working as a team and meeting deadline.

Pros

company benefits

Cons

temporary

Passionate promoters through dramatically improving the customer experience

A typical day at work:Stream lining and simplifying processes.Perform root cause analysis.Writing reporting.Conducting assessments.Providing Feedback and Coaching.What I have learned:Fundamentals of QualityTake responsibilty and make it happenCustomer focussedManagement:Building a good relationship with ManagementAdapting to changes.Co-workers:Emotional Intelligence, understanding we are all different, encouraging and motivating fellow colleagues. Distance one self from negativity.Hardest part of the job:No growth in Region even if you excel in what you are doing on a daily basis. Need to relocate in order to climb the corporate ladder.Most enjoyable part of the job:Switching myself off from fellow colleagues negativety and through my own positive thoughts and commitment added value with the tasks completed for the day.

Pros

2 bonusses yearly, company sim and private sim allowance, free tshirts and jackets, team buildings, year end function, medical aid subsidy

Cons

no opportunity for promotion in port elizabeth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vodacom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Vodacom
  • Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?