Vodacom

Vodacom Employee Reviews for Project Manager

Project Manager9 reviews
South Africa9 reviews

work hard play hard

a typical day at work: a cutting edge company with a highly competent workforce what i learnt: stakeholder management is critical management: focused workplace culture: work hard play hard hardest part of the job: long hours most enjoyable part of the job: Completion of a project.

110%all the time

We work hard but still have time for a joke. We bent backward to make a plan to keep the network operational. One big caring family. First is everything second nothing.

Project Manager

I was working at the Customer Care supporting the division with delivering systems to enhance the operations. I was running projects in that division liasing with different stakeholders in different departments. This made my job to be fun and interesting. The working environment and culture was that of a team work and to deliver projects efficiently and to make customers experience to be enjoyable. I have a learned all my project management skills in that environment.

fast paced and customer centric

Generally a good working environment but fast paced. A lot of opportunities to learn if you're a person that enjoys learning and not strive of challenges

Pros

Benefits and performance bonuses

Cons

Pressured environment

Challenging and stressful

managing large project,meetings daily,lots of emails to action daily,Learn new things, manage numerous contractors,lease with all regional managers, hardest part is getting people to do their work first time

Pros

Bonus, great team to work with

Cons

working hours are all hours

One of the best companies to work for

I love the company and the fact that employees are treated as shareholders. The company hires the best of the best and competition amongst achievers is encouraged.

Pros

Flexi hours 7-3, study assistance, recognition of high performers

Work Experience at Vodacom

Vodacom is a good company to work for, they take care of their employees I have fun working for Vodacom and the environment is conducive Management is inspiring but at times harsh the hardest part is the lack of project management tools the most enjoyable part is the management style of employee involvement and

Pros

Good Bonuses

Cons

Tight Deadlines

Dynamic

A typical day included following up with various stakeholders and checking that deliverables required by various teams were being facilitated and delivered. I learned that nothing is simple, nor can anything be taken for granted. The management varied so it is difficult to comment in general. Those I appreciated were informed, dynamic, flexible, positive, involved, committed and approachable . Likewise, I worked with more than one co-worker and each were different so it is difficult to comment in general. Those I appreciated were informed, intelligent, flexible, positive and highly competent. The hardest part of the job was the regular change of direction. The most enjoyable part of the job was the constant learning.

Pros

Great team, great environment

A day on the Farm

Liaison with BAs for documentation for items that need to be part of a release. Confirm third party impacts and manage expectations.Juggle items around as late items are added for implementation into production.Manage small projects to ensure successful implementation.Manage an application, its expectations and downtime and upgrades as relevant to the releases.Have pre and post implementation meetings relevant to project implementations and releases going into production.

Pros

friendly working environment

Cons

contracting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vodacom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Vodacom
  • Project Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?