Vodacom

Vodacom Management reviews

South Africa510 reviews

Clear

you always learn something new cause the system is being upgraded every now and then but it was a productive, fun work place

it was a 9h00am to 18h00pm shift everyday except for the weekends and public holidays, I learned that every morning i had to through knowledge base to check for new prices, new stock or if Vodacom upgraded the system on how to do a sim swap or activate a contract. management always helped when we try to do something on a system and doesn't approve then we would escalade a call to the help desk at Vodacom world head office.it was fun working at a Vodashop because we are a team and always help each other, the hardest part about the job was when you had to activate or upgrade a business line, security check is strict when it comes to business.so you had to escalade a call to head office, so they can activate the line for you, the most enjoyable part was when you've reached your target a month you get an incentive. also other brands gave us incentive cards for every sale you make you had to claim your prize from R20 to 500 depends on the model you sold.

Pros

incentives

Cons

9h00am to 18h00pm

working at vodacom vodacom had its challanges but over all working with the staff and cuatomers was exciting just the salary that was disapointing.

Tipical day at vodacom would entail dealing with customer queries, sales,simswaps and new contracts. Learned a great deal in how to deal with customers and about sales in general. Management was good and would always be available to assist us with what ever problems we encountered. Hardest part of my job was Salary. The most enjoyable part was helping customers to solve the queries.

Pros

incentives

Cons

Salary

Manipulative management

Very hard to progressGenerous with paying for developmentManipulative managementLong hoursFriendly cooleguesGreat brandNot fair payNo medical aid contribution by company

Productive and fun

Productive and funFamily orientatedToo much nepotismExec management find work around to employ peopleRelationships Who you know and socialise with

Pros

Parking, Salary, Benefits

Cons

Exec Management, Nepotism, culture questionable.

Salary was too little

Management was not fair. Constant deductions from your little salary. So much stress and work yet so little paid. Cut salaries over a year due to covid-19 and was not raised since. The hours was long 10-11 hour shifts. Mangers are rude and speak to their employees in an unfriendly manner. Complaining to head office about any issues having in your workplace does not get acknowledged.

Pros

Commission if you work hard only in a busy located store

Cons

long hours and little pay

We muat eat outside

Very bad working with them no benefits my manaager was a pain in the but dowa not stand up for hia workers not even thw bosses very bad experience i had with them but i will go back to work for them

Pros

Incentive cards

Cons

No providend funds

Productive and fun workplace

Its a great thing to work for vodacom The culture and their HR department is wonderful they' have a great sense of customer care and good culture of inclusiveness

work hard play hard

a typical day at work: a cutting edge company with a highly competent workforce what i learnt: stakeholder management is critical management: focused workplace culture: work hard play hard hardest part of the job: long hours most enjoyable part of the job: Completion of a project.

Productive and fun working place

Good company to work for, improvements still required though. Most policies and processes are not being followed to ensure a smooth running of the business acytivities.Staff needs to ensure compliance to change management methodologies and the integrated landscape by monitoring and reporting on project governance, control, allocation of financial resourcing and capacity.

Pros

Good cell phone allowance

Cons

Working long hours

Challenging

Working at Vodacom was challenging. I was in the promotions department. It was fieldwork. You had to go out and promoted a certain product to people. It was challenging because people are afraid of scams even though we were branded they usually do not want to hear anything thing you have to say to them. I have learned how to approach people and clarify that everything was legit. I learned how to work difficult people

Okay if you want to be a slave

It's okay to work there and sometimes I enjoyed it great team and management but the working hours are not good so if you want a personal life don't work in retail, maybe working for head office would be better.

Really not nice

Targets are set to high for individuals targets, micromanagement. And no team work. You don't get paid overtime or on holidays, your insentive cards gets taken away if you don't reach your individual targets

Pros

Cons

Long hours and no overtime pay

good place to work

good place to work and work environment is good and work balace is good and management is excellent and work culture is good and good team i worked people

Don't get your hopes up about becoming a manager one day

The salary and commission is nice But management need to learn a thing or two about people management They don't view theirs employees as an asset, especially if you're a person of colour (still have a long way to go) You need to have hair on your teeth but as with any Customer Care job.

Special Events take place.

Vodacom - customer service call centre, this was one of my best experience ever, i could deal with customers telephonic. The environment is so exotic your mood changes to an vibrant and excited mood when you see your colleages and management always smiling.

Cons

productive and fun working place but they can do better

they took me in without experience in fraud or qualification and gave me experience gave me opportunities to write my certifications not so good management structure but workable fair workplace culture monitoring have to give client the bad news that they have been hacked enjoyed closing and stopping hackers from hacking our clients.

Have a friendly team leader and have a clean environment.

Never be late and always happy. As for the salary to never be late. When management have a quiry they should address it immediately before it escalate to worse.

Pros

Always have my own

Cons

shifts

Fun

The facilities were conducive to work in because of the management style of the supervisors. Firstly they they train employees so that they are able to do the job in a competitive way

Pros

Good working hours

Cons

No staff transport and food

Working at vodacom was very nice

Working for vodacom was a blessing in my life it suited my life style and the management was very help full and we had team building .the place was just nice .

Pros

We had free lunch if we did well as a team

Cons

The overtimes were all up to you if you can

The best place to kick start a career

It's not a bad company at all. the pressure depends on which department you work for. So far i have learned a lot for example the system support experience i got in this company is something that will get me my next job and the job after that. The management is also ok and so far i haven't found anything hard about this job.

Pros

free pizza on fridays if targets have been reached

Cons

working on weekends sometimes

Poor franchise and lacks good management

Vodacom is a franchise and the owners of that franchise lacked proper management skills,and where treating employees with disrespect and are very rude

Pros

Cons

No overtime time paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vodacom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Vodacom