Volkswagen

Volkswagen Employee Reviews

South Africa156 reviews
5,0
Staying focused of what you do. Whatever it takes attitude. I wouldn't mind working back for the company. Friendly environment and amazing people to work with.
5,0
Nice to work with vw management and helping each other where help is needed especially with the union around,VWSA recognises union and its member very well.the culture is good.
5,0
It's a good company to work for ,is just I was working under an Agent "L A Labour" so the contract was terminated and they did selection of whom they should hire for permanent n I was not hired
4,0
I would not exchange this work place that any other, there very much professionalism here. If I were to leave now it would only be for personal goals as now we are challenged by economic struggles.
5,0
They need to look at the basic salaries, though working for this company is great and the product sells itself but salary is not up to standard, Volkswagen is a great brand amongst other brands, I really enjoy being a VW employee, the professional training that the company provides for their staff,
5,0
Volkswagen Callcentre is a very strict environment where it demands target, they are strict in timing and work ethic, it takes alot of discipline and hard work to work your way up. However, they are very friendly.
5,0
my work was some time a bit stressful but I enjoyed it
the managers at the workplace very friendly

very productive

the hardest part was to operate

the fun part was working together with collegues
5,0
What a wonderful work experience to have been part of. the amount of information I learnt on how to deal with day to day tasks that FNI's take for granted were massive. This has given me the edge on the dealership floor.
5,0
Very productive, pace working. Culture is secure and integrity is number one. Being a buyer is so enjoyable and you learn a lot. Being a buyer is very nice
5,0
The company had given me a very good opportunity to learn and understand finance, if I could get a chance I would be more than happy to go back. Management and the staff were very supportive and we'll mannered
4,0
Weekly presentations to management and the board members. Lots of negotiation and interaction with the suppliers. Great exposure to a fast paced business environment. The reporting manager was a very difficult person to report to, not a people's person.
Pros
Good corporate experience.
Cons
Not enough hours in a day to complete what is required from you.
4,0
Take any information use it wisely, apply safety and knowledge that you have been given to apply on working sit or space plus ask if you aren't sure what to do.
3,0
VW is a company that manages to cater for local residents in terms of offering them opportunities to be part of their team. I managed to grasp as much knowledge as possible and was able to apply my mechanical experience on my civil engineering exposure.
4,0
The company needs an individual who is a self-starter and works with little to no supervision. Room is given to individuals to explore and experiment. A good place for grads to gather the required skills and knowledge required in the industry. Great interactions between management and employees.
4,0
My review is for growth , personal development as an individual. Achieve the goals that I want. To learn and have more knowledge on my day to day business as an individual.
5,0
Dynamic and extremely professional organisation with typical German pace. A formal setting with highly competitive environment and high expectations .
3,0
Motoring industry is difficult and i found interest in areas outside the industry more interesting. The cars are great though but tough working environment.
5,0
I am at Quality field analyst quality assurance, basically I am busy with a project investigating about torque failures on earth points and brake pipes.
Proactive approach to solving possible field failures.

Strategic problem solving.

Working with cross functional teams etc.

VWSA is such a huge company and I have learnt on how approach big problems within a limited time working in handy with different teams.
5,0
I worked at Volkswagen in 2010 till 2011 and then in 2019 in January they decided to call me again till June, I was working nicely I gained more experience.
4,0
Management and Staff very supportive and friendly. Vouchers given to staff, on discretion by management, on performance and targets reached.
Motivated staff to reach monthly targets
Pros
Medical aid and pension benefits
Cons
To many Sales Executives. No room for advancement
5,0
Volkswagen takes good care of its employees, they understand the importance of a healthy workforce. Each and every employee has that feeling of pride, they feel proud to be working for Volkswagen. Volkswagen portrays a good image of itself to the public and works hard at maintaining that image. Sometimes the work can get to much and very tiresome but the spirit of comeradery among the workers can be very rewarding.
Pros
Good training and development
Cons
Lines run very fast with targets to reach
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volkswagen. Our community is ready to answer.
4,1