Volkswagen

Volkswagen Management reviews

South Africa156 reviews
5,0
Nice to work with vw management and helping each other where help is needed especially with the union around,VWSA recognises union and its member very well.the culture is good.
5,0
The company had given me a very good opportunity to learn and understand finance, if I could get a chance I would be more than happy to go back. Management and the staff were very supportive and we'll mannered
4,0
Weekly presentations to management and the board members. Lots of negotiation and interaction with the suppliers. Great exposure to a fast paced business environment. The reporting manager was a very difficult person to report to, not a people's person.
Pros
Good corporate experience.
Cons
Not enough hours in a day to complete what is required from you.
4,0
The company needs an individual who is a self-starter and works with little to no supervision. Room is given to individuals to explore and experiment. A good place for grads to gather the required skills and knowledge required in the industry. Great interactions between management and employees.
4,0
Management and Staff very supportive and friendly. Vouchers given to staff, on discretion by management, on performance and targets reached.
Motivated staff to reach monthly targets
Pros
Medical aid and pension benefits
Cons
To many Sales Executives. No room for advancement
4,0
I worked there as an intern for a year in a department called Ideas Management where all employees had the chance to make sure they delivered good quality cars to their customers, and it was a great experience to be part of the team I really enjoyed myself and I learned a lot.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Little leave days
3,0
the manager is the worst I have work with the do not care about you to them you are just a number fighting with you everyday instead of help you and train you but the DP was a great person..... thank you guys for everything I have learned
Pros
Dp
Cons
bad management
3,0
My time at Volkswagen of South Africa occurred directly after finishing high school.
Volkswagen of South Africa helped me study for my Production Management Diploma.
With this Production Management Diploma i moved from the shop floor to a training officer position.
5,0
Volkswagen Technical Learning Academy caters for interns and apprentices. These are paid a salary while learning a trade such as welding, autotronics, mechatronics, electrical engineering, fitting, turning, electronic engineering, etc. VW TLA works with MerSETA and FET colleges as well as some schools and technikons. I learnt to organise information, administer payrolls, report to management, coordinate students with the various departments in the manufacturing plant, amongst others. The hardest part of the job was getting everything to flow especially at the end of every month. The most satisfying part of the job was that I had a fair amount of autonomy with regard to decision-making. Overall, it is a very successful and productive company.
Pros
End Fridays at 2:00 p.m. by working 30 minutes earlier every day.
Costing, Helping Customers
Everyday you Learn Something New

Very Good Management
Make Money
Network Down - People not coming to work

Learning New Things - Goals Achieved
Pros
Cons
No Over Time
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Volkswagen?
4,0
I really enjoyed working in all the department at Volkswagen as results there are different skills I have gained. the skills involves fault finding, plc programing ect. The management and engineers were caring about our well being as trainees and the work we were doing. For instance, every week we were reporting to the management about the work we have done and what we have learnt. Also our healthy was their priority. The operators were open to give us information that can be used in machines fault finding.
Time was very important, as a trainee you have to be fast learner and work with time to prevent delays in the production. In the beginning, it was challenging since we were not used to work against time , but eventually we acquire that skill and it was great. I enjoyed working with our team and as well as individual to find a faults within a short duration and solve it. That created confidence in me when it comes to fault finding and problem solving.
Pros
free hot water, uniform and safety clothing
5,0
World-class manufacturing company best in quality innovation safe friendly environment eco friendly environment great working for such a great company
Pros
Ideas management
Cons
Nonw
5,0
Best brand to work for. Best group of people to work with and also the enviroment is great. Management is on top of everything and helps where it can. Overall just a joy to be part of this group
5,0
My responsibilities was on new build and model year changes. this includes panning, manufacturing and launch of the vehicle. Doing quality check and presenting the new build/model year changes of management sigh off. I've learned that if you are driven by passion for what you do, progression will follow automatically. Management, and the culture at this company was not divided and everybody had a common goal. The job was never hard, as we always strive for excellence, and enjoyable at most times
Pros
Culture of teh company is very good
Always hectic and busy.
I learned to work in a team and always be polite and friendly.

My management was always professional and was willing to help were needed.
The hardest part was to keep everyone happy(not always possible to keep the client happy if its not in your power.)

I enjoyed my work and always will.
Typical day:
Cost savings, planning & utilization studies, KPI monitoring, Supplier audits, packaging specification designs & approvals...

Learned: Prioritize & trust in ones abilities, listen to your inner voice

& measure oneself not only on the wrongs but on the rights when meeting deadlines.

Management: Micro-management, lack of compassion & unable to acknowledge the efforts of those doing the jobs.

Workplace culture: Most focused on self-promotion & equality not a focus point.

Challenges: Hard work & commitment not rewarded, product more important than the people.

Joys of working: Knowing that one is capable & being able to be part of the automotive industry in South Africa. Working with people that is committed, insightful & loyal, willing to learn & focused on continues improvement.
Pros
Performance incentives
Cons
Long hours; Stressfull invironment; quality & money driven
Working on cars.
I have learned how to diagnose vehicles

Management shows support to operators
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult people
Pros
Gym
Cons
Work during shutdown
5,0
Everyday was a typical day there was always something different happening and you learn to work as a team not one person. Management was always there to help as I was part of management. Work as a team together. Nothing was hard its like you do something you love to do.What you have build for a customer and when you see them driving on the road.
Pros
free lunch with the MD of the company
Cons
No Cons
5,0
I really enjoyed working for Volkswagen South Africa, always felt as through the global brand was distilled into the the South African market. The management and staff were professional and we had the full backing of all involved.
Pros
Great global brand
Cons
None that I can think of
5,0
The management do meet workers needs, back then night shift was not my favourite shift. I have learned many things about the car I did not know before. The enjoyable part of the was that it is always team work, communication was our main key.
Pros
overtime
4,0
Meeting daily deadlines and being consistent in doing so. I have learnt call centre etiquette and applying what I have learnt their on a daily basis. The hardest part of working at VWSA was meeting the daily individual targets and the most enjoyable part was the acknowledgement received from Management for always going the extra mile in doing so.
Pros
Getting to drive the new Volkswagen vehicles.
Cons
Working on weekends
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volkswagen. Our community is ready to answer.
4,1