Volvo Employee Reviews

South Africa56 reviews
5,0
Great learning experience on heavy duty automotive
I have learned a lot on the company of which I willing to more an be expert on my job. In short what I went through during my apprenticeship was to diagnose, mechanical repairs, fault finding, do campaigns as per manufacturer specifications, overhaul different components, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, services and quality control of our work
4,0
Good company, just needs to pay more
It's a very good company to work for. Free breakfast and lunch. Nice working hours. Good management that cares for people.
The company needs to pay more in salaries.
Best company
Best years ever, culture of the ethics suits everyones needs. Challenges are minimum when you keep to your task correctly, no room for mistakes.Counterbility is enduored
Fast Pace - willing to work long Hours
My day starts at 6am and will continue until the last customer is assisted. At times I have 24Hour days - I always work at a fast pace - always do more than asked - always willing to assist in all matters - there is no time to take it slow or relax. Everyday is a new challenge - everyday is different from the last - customers are always in a rush..
productive
One had to make sure that the stock is always accurate, any missing stock must be investigated ASAP. Orders had to be place on time in order not to disappoint customers.
5,0
Leading company on share market
One direction and going extra miles for their customers
Exceptional performance

New innovation

Excellent customer service

Code of conduct

Monthly sales target
Collaborative environment
A forward thinking company which strives to have a collaborative, all-inclusive company culture.

Strong focus on employee self-development with internal tools and training programs for development.
Productive and great friends
Enjoy doing field work and do road side repairs and assistance. Hardest part being that required tools are not always available. Enjoy working in a team and helping others. Made good friends which makes the job more enjoyable. I look forward to a new challenge every day to enhance my problem solving skills.
4,0
Team was organised in all diagnostic issues
Diversity culture and communication respect care for the environment work life balance was the best environment I was exposed to.Manegement style gave everyone an opportunity to express themselves.
Nice to be at volvo
Great place to work at despite all the challenges you can come across in all the dealerships , learn everyday due to advanced technology upcoming with the new models
5,0
We have lots of avctivities per annual
well our company CEO is based out of South Africa, we are the best company in the trucks manufacturing , our trucks have safety features and advanced technology
5,0
It was good and challenging
Challenging and u must be talented like me thank you be willing to multitask team work and independently is very important at Volvo company even thore there was this guy who didn't like me Sizwe the guy didn't get proper training on how to lead people
4,0
There is no recognition, no promise of advancement.
I need a job where I can advance my skills and develop to better myself. I am always up for learning new things, does not necessarily have to be field related.
Pros
Globally and advanced technology
Cons
No advancement
Great work place
It is great working for Volvo, great work place.
Management is awesome & I could never ask for more.

The only reason I would leave is for starting a new journey
Pros
Free Lunch
when 2 or 3 colleagues are off sick
A typical day is when we were short staffed.i have learned a lot about warehouse management and protocols.The management where supportive and give us an opportunity for development.the workplace culture is very conducive.the most enjoyable part of the work was that there is room for development and growth
Pros
Conducive working environment
5,0
Good company to work with
It's situated in a very good position in the international is all over the world. Technically is growing and is the best. It produces the strongest and most powerful engines in the world.
Pros
It provides food, drinks and PPE
Cons
You get paid for every hour you, overtime, standby and 13th chaque
3,0
The company looks after their employees.
The company as a whole is very good to work for but from a dealer point of view,I am not enjoying my work experience. I have been a the branch about 6 years and in my opinion it is getting progressively worse.
Pros
They give us lunch.
Cons
Long hours and very little family time.
Excellent Workplace
Always busy with staff and branches queries .
Good culture - Mixed diverse people

Challenging deadlines - with System problems sometimes difficult to meet deadlines
Pros
Free lunches
High pace assembly plant
Volvo Truck assembly plant is a high pace assembly plant with many opportunities for career advancement. Their operations management processes and systems are designed to achieve optimal production output but still leave room for flexibility and creativity with regards to work flow and continuous improvements.
Pros
Career advancements such as studying further and job promotions
Cons
Long hours due to shipment delays
4,0
Busy, no time to stop and smell the roses
A mixture of all the motor industry positions above, just a different group. Being a new Dealership I enjoyed setting up the accounting system and putting all the controls in place.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Short staffed
Amazing Brand - Amazing People
I have a passion for people and with that Volvo's ethics mirror my own.

It has been an incredible journey with this company and my colleagues have become my personal friends.
Pros
Medical + Provident Fund
Cons
None.