Vox Telecom

Vox Telecom Employee Reviews

South Africa46 reviews
4,0
Nice place to work. enjoyed it a lot. Great management. A relaxed and collaborative atmosphere with a supportive team environment and great prospects for promotion.
1,0
Very vindictive not like to be challenged more concerned about the closing of tickets than actual work clients are stressed out as staff managed to manipulate the dashboard
3,0
The culture at Vox make collaboration very difficult. The business sits across multiple building which doesn't allow for easy communication between teams. Systems are outdated but the marketing team are exceptional
5,0
Vox was a great place, and it was fun and i would go back there anytime.

The training was good and we got to know exactly what we were selling. Managers were also helpful in assisting us reach our goals.
4,0
Vox is a great company to work for. It is fast and fluid and very relevant. This is growing company with passionate resources and good leadership. Back to basic sales and service delivery.
4,0
I am a well presented and professional individual and have had more than 13 years’ working experience within internal and external sales. I have excellent time management, organizational and planning skills. I have very good interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. I have an ability to work with people at various levels and I thrive under pressure. I am able to work in a team and independently as well. I am trustworthy, responsible and always go the extra mile. Able to take instructions from seniors , Enthusiastic and attention to details and great work ethics. I always been passionate working as an Electrician Artisan since my early age ,been working with my Grandfather who was an Electrician ,and it planted the seed for the trade, I then decided after so many years later working in Sales environment to go full time on the Trade.
4,0
Very good learning and training opportunities offered pertaining to specific products to help improve skills and ability to sell. Product specialists also come in handy for those intricate solutions.
2,0
In the time working at Vox, there were no incentives, no overtime paid. You had to work with incompetent Sales and Accounts.
There was no training ever provided for any new products brought in and my team was just expected to figure out how to implement these new products mostly on our own, as well as handle any and every new product that Vox decided they wanted to sell - no delegation to the rest of the teams to figure out how to implement these products and assist with workload.

If you're not part of a specific management click, you aren't much at all, and management would continually conflict with each-other instead of working together as they should to reach a common goal which caused terribly toxic work culture.

Salary was below par / way less than market average, you can barely afford rent and food, let alone other expenses such as car, fuel, medical aid, ect.. Effort is rarely rewarded and you feel horribly under-valued. They always talk about the amazing Sales and turnover each year but couldn't even give you a bonus (which is basically their way of saying "F**k you, we earn a lot of money but you're a piece of s**t". HR are completely unapproachable as well.

If you're thinking of working here, don't, it is not worth compromising mental integrity for minimum wage.
Pros
Not really any, maybe the colleagues
Cons
Low wage, long hours, toxic work culture
4,0
A normal day at Vox is customer centric. It was filled with way of dealing & interacting with customers better. I had learned how to deal with problems & people with a right approach & without intimidation. Management was fine. The culture at Vox was very vibrant & outgoing. The hardest part of my job actually was nothing, I enjoyed working at Vox.
Pros
Free drinks on Fridays
Cons
I worked normal hours
4,0
You learn something everyday.
To communication better to management.

Stressful - Ever changing processes of escalations.

Lack of training employees on newly introduced products

Having a Team (Lower than management) who are more than willing to assist and help other teammates
4,0
This is a good company. But chances of growing within the company are very slim, and the salary was not that great. Management is good, although sometimes they don't offer solutions to a problem.
4,0
Amazing place to to work. The People are all willing to teach and assist in your areas of weakness and build on your strengths. Manager motivate their engineers daily
Pros
great environment
Cons
poor salary
3,0
All in all my time there was not long, however it must be said that the company culture isn't for everyone (a bit stuck in the 80's) the staff also tend to have a negative attitude which I think it might be due to the lack of the correct motivation & support from some management.

Unfortunately while I was there I did also notice a manager berate and embarrass an employee, in an open plan office for work they were not happy with. (I personally feel this was the incorrect manner in which to address the situation. Management should have called the employee into a office away from prying eyes and ears to address the employee).
Pros
A lot to be learnt
Cons
Company Culture
4,0
Great company to work for. Plenty of scope for advancement provided you are willing to work hard and make the effort.
Directors and Executives are always willing to assist.
Pros
Effort is rewarded
Cons
Salaries are on the lower end
2,0
They were clock watches that ran the company like a creche. if you needed to go to be bathroom it had to be on your calendar. They want you to see clients but only if they have a problem. there is no relationship building.
Pros
Cons
terrible working conditions
3,0
I was at vox for many years,
It was a great experience, i did over and above the work expected from me, but was never rewarded.

Colleagues were amazing.

I enjoyed the customer interaction part of it the most
Pros
Cell and Petrol allowance
Cons
Underpaid
1,0
Vox isn't a bad company, there are good people who work there. The problem is the 70% of people who do just enough to not get fired.

Most lacking in Vox is core values, there is no accountability and passing the buck is the company ethos it seems. Customer service is based on speedy answering of a call and not resolution of a call.

This can be a great company, there are good managers and the executive are excellent. They just hire the most inexpensive people they can find
Pros
30% excellent people
Cons
70% who do buggerall
3,0
The company taught me more critical client management enabling me to more effectively manage an irate client as well as there expectations, unfortunately this was mostly due to poor systems that lead to delays and issues with client services.
4,0
All good good environment busy environment challenging and always have to be on ur feet always doing the best you can. Always learning new stuff and products processes
4,0
It was a fun place to work at, salary benefits as well as reachable targets however hours were odd/flexible. Great working culture and good management.
Pros
Reasonable break schedule, team buildings
Cons
Odd hours, flexible shifts
4,0
Vox is a truly great work place all round. Lots of opportunity, great skills to acquire, and a challenging day that never fails to expand your mind and knowledge.
The pay is not fantastic at first but great room for growth.

A company that does truly make one feel noticed.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
A cramped work enviroment