Vox Telecom

Vox Telecom Pay & Benefits reviews

South Africa45 reviews
Fun workplace
This is a good company. But chances of growing within the company are very slim, and the salary was not that great. Management is good, although sometimes they don't offer solutions to a problem.
2,0
Horrible workplace unless you are up managements a**
In the time working at Vox, there were no incentives, no overtime paid. You had to work with incompetent Sales and Accounts.
There was no training ever provided for any new products brought in and my team was just expected to figure out how to implement these new products mostly on our own, as well as handle any and every new product that Vox decided they wanted to sell - no delegation to the rest of the teams to figure out how to implement these products and assist with workload.

If you're not part of a specific management click, you aren't much at all, and management would continually conflict with each-other instead of working together as they should to reach a common goal which caused terribly toxic work culture.

Salary was below par / way less than market average, you can barely afford rent and food, let alone other expenses such as car, fuel, medical aid, ect.. Effort is rarely rewarded and you feel horribly under-valued. They always talk about the amazing Sales and turnover each year but couldn't even give you a bonus (which is basically their way of saying "F**k you, we earn a lot of money but you're a piece of s**t". HR are completely unapproachable as well.
If you're thinking of working here, don't, it is not worth compromising mental integrity for minimum wage.
Pros
Not really any, maybe the colleagues
Cons
Low wage, long hours, toxic work culture
Knowledge is shared
Amazing place to to work. The People are all willing to teach and assist in your areas of weakness and build on your strengths. Manager motivate their engineers daily
Pros
great environment
Cons
poor salary
4,0
It was a great place to work at.
It was a fun place to work at, salary benefits as well as reachable targets however hours were odd/flexible. Great working culture and good management.
Pros
Reasonable break schedule, team buildings
Cons
Odd hours, flexible shifts
not an easy job
Everyday is very busy
i have learned to manage my time at work

management is fairly decent and friendly

co-workers are helpful and friendly

meeting unrealistic targets is the hardest part of the day

phoning the customer is the easiest or helping others

im currently in sales retention , one of the hardest jobs in the company, all i have to do is to prevent the customer from cancelling their services .
Pros
office hours
Cons
salary per hour
5,0
good learning experience
good and loving co-workers. i had a great instructor who thought me well in the IT field, Understanding manger who guided me, Free training at the company
Hardest part of the job was service desk

enjoyable part was doing any kind of installation
Pros
well known company
Cons
poor salary
Great First Job
A typical day of work consists of awaiting calls from clients as well as attending and closing tickets. Tickets range from purchasing packages for clients, informing them of the current available packages, selling clients additional packages, prospecting, leading, capturing and closing tickets for new or interested clients.

I learned an ample amount about the Corporate Industry and its ethics regarding selling and marketing. I learned the mindset required to become a good salesman and I have also had a significant increase in confidence when it comes to speaking to other people.

The hardest part of the job would be the work ethic required for a job as a salesperson. I prefer being honest and open and I do not enjoy speaking to people for the sole purpose of increasing their monthly bill. It is probably an isolated opinion, but I feel a subtle guilt towards the job.

The most enjoyable part of my job is keeping a client happy. I enjoy speaking to clients and sympathising with them, and giving them a package that is best suited to their needs. I enjoy speaking with my colleagues as well as my manager as they are very helpful and supportive. I enjoy working as a team with my colleagues.
Pros
Casual Uniform, Excellent Training
Cons
Long Hours, No Benefits, Work ethic
Productive and reliable company
Vox is a great company to work for. The management team is extremely effective and always willing to assist in getting issues resolved, but do not always connect at a personal level with the staff when it comes to personal issues that might affect work.
Everyone one that works at work do their utmost best and are friendly

The salary that is provided does not reflect the work performed. This affects my personal live as i am unable to provide for myself
The meeting of the clients is the best part of the job and getting issues resolved and making the clients happy.
Pros
Medical aid, travel and cell phone allowance and pension fund
Cons
Salaries paid are not market related