Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

Nice place to work but can be stressful

Great place but it is the Waldorf Astoria so they expect you to be great at your job to live up to the expectation from the guests. This is fine, but if you have "micro managing" managers it can make the job more stressful than it needs to be. Overall more good than bad though. Would recommend.

Loved it!

Great pay, flexible hours, management is positive. The tips were pooled between all bartenders and servers so, no animosity. Overall a good experience.

Pros

Provided lunch or dinner

Cons

El ambiente de trabajo es bueno trabajo en equipo

En la mente de trabajo es fácil si tienes voluntad de hacerlo

Easy going hotel.

Terrible staff & management. Too much interns, broken promises from management. Too much drama & favouritism. Not worth the money at all. Not recommended.

Toxic and very poor management

It is not advised to work in this company as it is very toxic and disrespectful to employees. Very low salary won’t survive in UAE and no standard followed

Great job in paradise.

It was fun meeting interesting people from around the world. I had a view of the Pacific Ocean on Maui everyday. Guest always told me I had the best job in the world.

Pros

Money, work environment

Cons

Sometimes understaffed.

Disaster

The worst company to work for! Very poor management, they will never care about you or help to resolve any issues (especially HR and finance - are the worst departments I’ve ever seen) After resignation, they didn’t pay my incentives and even calculated wrongly my final gratuity! 😂Will never ever recommend anyone to join this company! Was such a waste of time, I regret, that I joined them!

Terrible management

No balance of work and personal life. No onboarding to your specific position. No clear communication from your upper management. No support for suggested changes.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No balance off work and personal life

Cultura friends environment

I love being part of the Hilton family hotel it is the best job I have ever had I like all benefits they offered to me, good benefits and environment

Pros

Food all day

Cons

Parking

Employees benefits

Poor upper management with lack of FNB experience. Incompetent Corporate side of Hilton that provides no help for company growth. Unprofessional HR department that shows no support for managers

No growth

They have good benefits and the properties are nice, however, the job isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. They will use you dry until the life is sucked out of you. They have little compassion for most employees if they have an emergency or are sick they’re still expected to come in. Very weird place…

Pros

Free lunch, cool people, good health insurance, great room rates.

Cons

Short breaks, bad management

Stressful and unappreciative

I’d never recommend to join this company. Poor management level and absolutely unappreciative. No opportunity to growth. Small salary and poor benefits.No support from the management

Pros

Meals

Cons

Longs hours, poor benefits

fast paced environment

Working in a Waldorf Astoria is like a working with your own family member.It has a lots of opportunity to grown both entry level and experienced workers.I personally feel privileged being a member of Waldorf Astoria because it taught me work culture as well Its gave me room to strength my talent, happiness last not the least got a friendly support both mentally and emotionally.I do recommend Waldorf Astoria if you really to see growth your power and passion.

Great work place and environment

Enjoyable experience. Great team from front of the house to back of the house. Benchmark of Hawaiian hospitality and culture. Best work experience of my life!

One of the best places I had work at. it felt like a family!! was an amazing experience.

Great place to work at. I really enjoy my time there. Room for success and was able to growth personally and professionally. I was always encourage to be empowered and do more or others.

Good work and life balance

It’s union jobs so you work 80hours in 2weeks, rarely overtime when business is busy. Work environment is good. Work and life balance is good. Nice clean property and treating employees well

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

It’s union so hard to get promotion because of seniority

Its always fun plus encouraging work style in Hilton and also the management is carying.

One of the best Chains of hotel in international Business. World wide famous and have a chance to interact abd serve the business tycoons, Celebrities, Sports persons and known parsonalities from almost every country.Over all a very good experience and satisfaction working in such hotels also the Management and internal team is supportive and encouraging.Would love to join again and build career at the highest level.

Pros

Free meals and snacks

Cons

Covering shifts on occasions and hotel busy hours.

Arizona Biltmore is being managed into the ground

Absent management, unrealistic guests and low wages are the name of the game, at least at the Arizona Biltmore. Upper management has no clue what is actually happening within the departments while their workers drown in work and rude guest complaints. Managers seem to get jobs based on connections and politics instead of skill and ability to do basic things like read a financial report. Work is not planned or scheduled, and so the quality of service suffers greatly. Avoid working here unless you want to lose your mind and your time.

Pros

Great Hilton benefits, fun colleagues

Cons

Understaffing and absent management results in overworked staff, pay is not fair for amount of work expected

Great product

Love hospitality so luxury is my natural leanGreat location and functional teams to offer great things for guests Love being under Hilton umbrella for obvious reasons

Pros

Hotel discount

Cons

Too many cliques

Professional & Luxury Style

Waldorf Astroria​ มีความเป็​นเอกลักษณ์​เฉพาะตัวในระดับ​ Luxury​ Brand ทุกทีมงานมีความเป็​นมืออาชีพ​ ประสบการณ์​ในการให้บริการและการตอบสนองความต้องการ​ของลูกค้า​และให้ความช่วยเหลือ​ร่วมมือกันดี​ ในทุกๆสถานการณ์​ที่มีความท้าทาย​ มีความมั่นคงในหน้าที่การงานค่อนข้างสูง​ สมกับที่เป็​น​ Top Brand of Hilton Worldwide 😊😊😊

Pros

สวัสดิการที่มั่นคง

Cons

เหมาะสำหรับ​ลูกค้าที่ชอบความเป็​น​ส่วนตัว​สูง​ ไม่เหมาะกับ​ Group​ Tour

Work Colleagues great

I enjoyed my work Colleagues. The spa is beautiful and very relaxing. The pay was very low no benefits. Although you were hired part time they wanted the Service provider to work full time. The pay was very low Upon being hired you were told that your books will be filled and the compensation was very lucrative: not so

Pros

Beautiful Spa, lovely guest

Cons

Pay rate low no insurance benefits. Management was sometimes accommodating

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,9 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,8 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,7 out of 5 stars for Management
4,0 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?