WBHO

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,8Management

Very productive. Believe in quality and quantity. Very organized company

I gained a lot of experience for time management, quality control and be able to work well under pressure. Learn more on managing teams efficiently. Learn how to provide accurate daily, weekly and monthly costing. Just to mention the least.

We where working according to safety rules

The company was paying as accordingly.working 8 hours per day.the Mager was a kind and respective to his workers.we where working on holiday and the pay as double amount per that holiday.i was happy with the management.

Pros

We brood our own lunches

Cons

The gave us tea time and lunch time .our safety was their concern

Production and quality before anything else

My experience working at WBHO was rather unconventional since I was appointed by the contractor (WBHO) to work for the consultants (BVI Engineers). I did however get the chance to work for WBHO with site QS’s whenever I wasn’t busy at BVI and almost everyone was supportive. I learnt more about civil construction processes and management. Quality was enforced by BVI and WBHO always optimized on production.

Pros

They pay really well, impeccable work ethics and impressive safety measures in place

Cons

Work over everything. If you don’t like your work, then you’re definitely not going to last there.

Fast paced environment with numerous opportunities for growth

Truly a world class construction company. They are among the best in SA for a reason and those reasons being obvious once you become a part of the team. Excellent management with extensive experience. Good work-life balance.

Creative and innovation development projects

Working at WBHO as people with different ability is so challenging if management structure and accomodating disabled employees according to labour law

The hardest part of the job

Its when management want to see you failed.as a time clerk on site,you need assistant from management.on my last project,management were not helping,he wanted to see me failing,

It's good for experience only. The money does not match work, the management have strong laungage . It only good for experience and to learn more about systems.

Good professional / social balance

Loved working for WBHO for 10 years and only left because we decided to emigrate. There are a few annual social events that the whole company participates in, the management is friendly and professional. Salaries are fair to the positions.

Pros

Good management, not all work no play, plenty parking, canteen on site.

Cons

Staff are not paid for overtime put in

Employee summary

They are very interactive and supportive with all staff members. Great leadership and encouragement from the higher management team helps drive young/new employees to become the best possible version of themselves.Training is encouraged and compulsory in order to grow through the ranks.

Pros

Training provided

Productive workplace

Typical day: Working in a very productive workplace where you are expected to give your best and work as hard as you can. Management takes good care of their employees and expect them to be productive. The workplace is a place where you enjoy company of the other employees but work need to get done, their is clear deadlines that you have to meet.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at WBHO?

Exciting working environment with very big challenges

Being a site engineer, I am responsible for the management of subcontractors, materials, quality and costs. The challenges that come with the job are a lot about thinking on your feet and finding solutions. At WBHO the culture is good, with most employees motivated to deliver a project that meets the clients standards and is ahead of schedule.

Pros

Vehicle allowance, medical cover and benefits.

Cons

Long Hours

hard working

Typical day - organize site activities learnt to stay calm hands-on management culture to win at all costs hours of work was hard enjoyable to finish on time & within budget

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Workings hours

good company to work for

People makes the place to work for niece. Good company to work for interns of attending courses. Some of he management can be unreasonable. Can be very helpful.

Very focused

Good management I've learnt a lot about construction Didn't know that a lot has to be done when just building and securing a building I love the friendly colleagues

Pros

Own lunch

Cons

Long hors

productive and good communitacion

i have learned to communicate with other employers and how to control my temper around other employee's and i have learned a lot about making road The management was very good they know how to control their staff and how to work with them The hardest part was working with motorist wen they is touch traffic in the roads that we fixing or making. The most enjoyable part of the job was to work on weekend when they is no traffic

Pros

free trasport

Cons

Exposed to many challenges and maturity during site operations

Wisdom gained on the construction industry it of great importance, one working in WBHO gains good experience and maturity to be world class and globally competitive professional. Good experience it is gained in WBHO projects and one becomes competitive in the new market climate and Total quality management its WBHO culture. Mutual respect at work place it is the most interesting experience at WBHO work place.

Good learning environment

A very good experience enhancing environment.Long hours and targets driven company.Career advancement not easy.Salary reasonable and performance bonus good incentive.

Pros

Good management experience and technical knowledge

Cons

Career advancement tough

Productive, high pressure yet rewarding

A typical day on the job would begin early in the morning with a team meeting to brief everyone about the days proceedings and what need to be targeted. This taught me how essential it is to work as a team and taught me how to lead people. The management was there if you needed them. the pressures of site work can take their tole on you. It is up to you to find the balance between work and a healthy personal life. The work place culture was one that fluctuated depending on the amount of pressure people were under. Generally, it was a relax environment. The hardest part of the job is being new and being thrown into the deep end and having to figure things out on your own.

Pros

Food allowance

Cons

I learned to capture informaton and learned all about the different companys they delt with. Management where understanding when it came to there employees. The part i enjoyed the most where the enviroment, my co workers where the best.

Pros

Good learning experince

Helpful and exciting

WBHO was a great place to learn new things on the practical side of Civil Engineering. Everyday at work was busy trying to complete work. I learned many new things such as reading a rebar schedule, using a dumpy level and theodolite and aswell as good safety and management skills. Hardest part about the job was working on site through tough weather conditions and the most enjoyable part was seeing how different aspects progressed during the time on site (eg pouring concrete)

Good employer

The work environment was friendly.Management was good.Will would always get paid on time.Work was not so challenging and at some point it became monotonous.

Pros

Free transport

Cons

Long distances to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WBHO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance