WCED

WCED Employee Reviews

South Africa60 reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Can be very stresfull.

Its great working for wced. At least the bosses care about your wellbeing. Time off for doctors visits is self managed. It is a very stresfull workplace and its difficult to manage through your emotions.

Pros

Holidays

Cons

Too many bosses.

Overtime hours with no extra rumenuration.

Very stressful and time consuming. Leadership is not in line with real world issues. Ineffective communication between departments which leads to duplication of tasks. Departments also not on par with their job descriptions and often isn't aware of their core duties and obligations or how they fit into the 'chain' so that the company can run at its optimal potential.

Pros

You get paid on time.

Cons

Extra work without compensation.

Confidential and professional

It's a good company to work for but it's better if you are permanent because no benefits when you contracting for them. You have to deal with people of different cultures and backgrounds and every case is different.

Pros

Good salary and good hours

Cons

You not protected by the system and you need to be flexible

Not that bad.

There is no much to say about the western cape education department as it only focuses on the safety and security of the children. Depending on the school you worked at, mine was fine.

Challenging ,sometimes unfriendly environment

Sometimes Grade R is not seen as important at school.We are mostly the attraction for fundraising events.The job is sometimes hard especially with the Department that changes the curriculum just when you thought you have mastered a skill things change like planning.Curriculum advisors that don't also give assistance where needed but comes into your class for 45 minutes and only criticize ,they are not there with you everyday ,don't know the challenges you face with the majority of children that comes from different backgrounds ,

Long and there was no stimulation to keep you interested.

I worked as a mark checker for the WCED. I was employed for the NSC for 2019. We had to check if all the marks were correct and being captured correctly. The work was long and very draining because there is no stimulation.

Contract worker

Ive been a contract teacher for 3years now and I still haven't received permanency. Its frustrated because I cant move forward. I cant buy a house or a car and I feel that this is unfair.

productive and fun workplace

You must follow protocol and guidelines as set out in the NCS.Adhere to deadlines and requirements.Too many tasks over specific grades that has to be done.

Excellent

Professional and punctual at all times. Responsibility is key at all times. Focus on your outcomes and you will reach your goal easily. Assure the learners of there own confidence

Very productive and fulfilling

I work at a school with young adults and everyday is a challenge on it's own and that's what keeps my job interesting. I get to learn about different types of learners and why they behave the way that they behave.

The net salary was good.

They paid good, but even though the net salary was a good amount, the amount of tax they deducted, for a temp/ Student vacancy was ridiculous. They also deducted extra costs of which was not discussed upon applying for this vacancy.

School Admin

The fast paced work environment keeps you on track with the daily deadlines of school and WCED. I Loved having to think on my feet and problem solving to get the work done effectively.

Good learning experience

I have learnt computer skills as well as time management. The greatest skill I have learnt was working under pressure which is required and I thrive under pressure.

productive and fun work place

productive and collaborative work place were team work plays a key role in implementing policies and delivering on the expected key responsibility areas.

productive and hard woring employees

Teach 7 different classes each day after register Planing of each lesson for the next day. after school is sports Working with the learners and see how they excels in there corresponding activities. Hardest part of the work was to know that there is little to non growth in the work place and Salary growth was also minimum.

Pros

School Holidays

Cons

Almost working ever weekend

Teach Maths Geography History and Natural science

Post level 1 Teacher Mathematics Natural Science Geography and History at Vredendal Secondary School Coaching sport. Enjoy reading. Excercise by jogging

Pros

Working with people

Fun and welcoming place

WCED is a vibrant and friendly community school to work in. The school offers a wide range of services teaching and learning, sport and music. The school iso full of friendly staff

Pros

Workshops

Cons

Paperwork

teaching

Challenging on daily basis, but motivational to start a day in the dynamic challenge of teaching. empowering young minds and seeing the seed you have planting for years.

Pros

willing to adapt

Cons

short temper for people that show uninterested in a project

Productive and fun workplace

Excellent hierarchical structure and good management. I learned to be a people's lover and accountability. I enjoyed being with children, teaching and imparting my knowledge and expertise to them. I grew in loving to work with people, especially school kids. This was for me a learning curve; a job is not only about money, but about engaging and making an impact rather.

Pros

Only work for 5 days

Cons

Daily tiredom

Teaching is fun

I am a Grade 5 Teacher. My job entails teaching children all the subjects in the WCED curriculum. I enjoy teaching and inspiring the youth of today. It’s my passion.

Depending on the Office and or Personnel

Worked for WCED. People can become very ambitious and start to make the environment an unpleasant place to be in. Will go back to work at WCED. However, would prefer to work in an office environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WCED. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,2 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,1 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,0 out of 5 stars for Management
3,4 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • WCED
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?