WCED
3,6 out of 5 stars.

WCED

WCED Employee Review

I like teaching, I enjoy working with leaners, I support my learners in their studies and financially if I have to. some days are better than others at my workplace. The management try their best to support teachers. We are a nuclear family at my school we have no camps as I have heard from teachers from other schools. I am currently enjoying my new acing HOD position and I just hope for the best in my position currently. I work hand-in-hand with my team as we obey each other and always try to do what is best for the outcomes of the school and each individual learner.

Pros

i dont mind going the exra mile in my job, but i must be for a good reason.

Cons

working long hours is not a problem

4,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
4,0 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
4,0 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
4,0 out of 5 stars for Management
5,0 out of 5 stars for Culture

Same roleSame location

Overtime hours with no extra rumenuration.

Very stressful and time consuming. Leadership is not in line with real world issues. Ineffective communication between departments which leads to duplication of tasks. Departments also not on par with their job descriptions and often isn't aware of their core duties and obligations or how they fit into the 'chain' so that the company can run at its optimal potential.

Pros

You get paid on time.

Cons

Extra work without compensation.
Same role

Not that bad.

There is no much to say about the western cape education department as it only focuses on the safety and security of the children. Depending on the school you worked at, mine was fine.
Same location

Very productive workplace

This job was okay for the most part. Interviews went well and was contacted within the same week. I learnt a lot and it is challenging and character building.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WCED. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,2 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,1 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,0 out of 5 stars for Management
3,4 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • WCED
  • i view the workplace as a space fo learning becauese as a group we learn from each other.