WCED

WCED Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape31 reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

productive and fun workplace

You must follow protocol and guidelines as set out in the NCS.Adhere to deadlines and requirements.Too many tasks over specific grades that has to be done.

Very productive workplace

This job was okay for the most part. Interviews went well and was contacted within the same week. I learnt a lot and it is challenging and character building.

Overtime hours with no extra rumenuration.

Very stressful and time consuming. Leadership is not in line with real world issues. Ineffective communication between departments which leads to duplication of tasks. Departments also not on par with their job descriptions and often isn't aware of their core duties and obligations or how they fit into the 'chain' so that the company can run at its optimal potential.

Pros

You get paid on time.

Cons

Extra work without compensation.

Long and there was no stimulation to keep you interested.

I worked as a mark checker for the WCED. I was employed for the NSC for 2019. We had to check if all the marks were correct and being captured correctly. The work was long and very draining because there is no stimulation.

Excellent

Professional and punctual at all times. Responsibility is key at all times. Focus on your outcomes and you will reach your goal easily. Assure the learners of there own confidence

School Admin

The fast paced work environment keeps you on track with the daily deadlines of school and WCED. I Loved having to think on my feet and problem solving to get the work done effectively.

productive and fun work place

productive and collaborative work place were team work plays a key role in implementing policies and delivering on the expected key responsibility areas.

Teach Maths Geography History and Natural science

Post level 1 Teacher Mathematics Natural Science Geography and History at Vredendal Secondary School Coaching sport. Enjoy reading. Excercise by jogging

Pros

Working with people

Fun and welcoming place

WCED is a vibrant and friendly community school to work in. The school offers a wide range of services teaching and learning, sport and music. The school iso full of friendly staff

Pros

Workshops

Cons

Paperwork

Productive and fun workplace

Excellent hierarchical structure and good management. I learned to be a people's lover and accountability. I enjoyed being with children, teaching and imparting my knowledge and expertise to them. I grew in loving to work with people, especially school kids. This was for me a learning curve; a job is not only about money, but about engaging and making an impact rather.

Pros

Only work for 5 days

Cons

Daily tiredom

Teaching is fun

I am a Grade 5 Teacher. My job entails teaching children all the subjects in the WCED curriculum. I enjoy teaching and inspiring the youth of today. It’s my passion.

enjoyable

Fun learning environment; teacher development and learner development Workshops, camps, training, tutoring. Competitions, quizzes, afternoon classes, saturday classes...

Pros

making a difference in learners lives

Cons

Enjoyable and fun profesion to people who love it

I rewiew education as key to learning that equips the South African child to the future if all tools are there and ready for them to grab.

Pros

Teaher awards

Cons

During holidays

the opportunity was very enriching. i was given ample opportunity to participate in all classroom activities. my input and opinions were valued.

every day was different. i learnt new things daily and faced challenges by engaging with my colleagues and solving any problems by discussion and involving all parties. the most enjoyable part of the day was definitely seeing the growth in the children on a daily basis.

Pros

very helpful colleagues

Cons

limited resources

Government Education

Good subsidies. High demands. Team work essential. I have developed a philosophy of life-long learning. My day would start with briefing meetings and follow through with educating little ones to the best of my ability. Large classroom numbers with limited resources has been the most difficult part of my jobs. Lack of parental involvement was also a huge struggle for me. I enjoyed working with the children, who - for the most part, participated well.

Pros

Housing and Medical Aid

Cons

Extended working hours without reumeration

As an educator you must stay on trend with new teaching methods.

Come prepared but be flexible. Set high standards for all your students. Build a relationship with parents and care givers. Be will to take your admin home.

Pros

December Holiday

Cons

Social Media Conscious

Too much admin. 42-45 learners in class, learners have many personal problems.

At a public school in a area where parents dont care for their kids and they more street smart than book smart. Learners have alot of personal issues to work through before academics can be learnt. Contextual factor is 42 kids cramed in a classroom. You have to be tolerant. You have to be everything to the child.and counsel them.through certain personal factors and also love them immensely also be consistent and positive making learning fun being enthusiastic everyday.

Pros

Holidays

Cons

too much admin

Flexible to work in a team

I am responsible, ambitious and able to work underpressure. Respect people's views and rights. I am able to meet deadlines. I don't have a problem with different characters so I can manage any person because we are coming from different back grounds and environments

Pros

I can work underpressure

Cons

I can use my time if the work is too much

Hard Working and very Productive

Giving guidance to Principals and Financial Officers about the school's financial operation - very satisfying to see the quality of work submitting to the WCED. Hard work - loyalty and punctualityis very important.

Pros

30 Min Lunch

Cons

Due dates

A great working and Learning enviromnent

WCED is a great place to work at as the environment is always peaceful. I have learnt that team work is key. the management is fair and is willing to co operate with junior staff members. Team work is being emphasized sharing of ideas. The hardest part to me was dispatching at the beginning sorting out of schools pay slips was kind of tricky but as time goes by u turn to operate effectively it becomes easier. It is always nice working there as the mood is always polite i enjoyed ever moment there.

productive

registry duties, where by i have to aasist public official by Issue out files that are being requested by officials, and give them register to sign for those files in and out. To ensure correspondence on papers received as instructed to file, filing of minutes and circular documents. And faxing documents for other public officials. Opening of all incoming mail except those addressed to persons are forwarded unopened

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WCED. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,2 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,1 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,0 out of 5 stars for Management
3,4 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • WCED
  • Cape Town, Western Cape
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?