WCED

Clear
3,4Work-Life Balance
3,0Management

Good learning experience

I have learnt computer skills as well as time management. The greatest skill I have learnt was working under pressure which is required and I thrive under pressure.

Overtime hours with no extra rumenuration.

Very stressful and time consuming. Leadership is not in line with real world issues. Ineffective communication between departments which leads to duplication of tasks. Departments also not on par with their job descriptions and often isn't aware of their core duties and obligations or how they fit into the 'chain' so that the company can run at its optimal potential.

Pros

You get paid on time.

Cons

Extra work without compensation.

Productive and fun workplace

Excellent hierarchical structure and good management. I learned to be a people's lover and accountability. I enjoyed being with children, teaching and imparting my knowledge and expertise to them. I grew in loving to work with people, especially school kids. This was for me a learning curve; a job is not only about money, but about engaging and making an impact rather.

Pros

Only work for 5 days

Cons

Daily tiredom

Productive and fun workplace

A Typical day would be doing the teacher's admin and work with the kids. I've gained a lot of experience such as Microsoft Office and how to do admin. It also taught me how to work very fast and do things professionally. The hardest part about this job is, doing 2/3 teachers admin at the same time or making a lot copy's for the different teachers. It is confussing. What I love about my job is, working with the kids. I love to help them if they don't understand or to play with them. The management at the school is great. The teachers and the principal are very kind, and they will help you if you don't understand or you don't know how to do a certain thing.

Pros

Holidays

Cons

Not getting paid on time

Productive and fun workplace

I work 7-3 each day and learn about people daily. My co-workers are hardworking individuals. Management is fantastic. I enjoy the job. It requires a great amount of patience and dedication.

Senior teacher working in the Intermediate and senior band in a Primary School.

The classroom is a challenging and demanding environment to work in. It requires a wide general knowledge apart from subject knowledge , researching and preparation in order to present an up to date and relevant curriculum to the learner. Classroom management is possible but always challenged due to the different socio-economic backgrounds of learners . Many surprises occur on a daily basis with regard to learner-behaviour. The normal school environment is very dynamic and requires a good ,consistent but disciplined approach in management .Co-workers are in most cases very supportive. The hardest part is to lead by example and to maintain your composure at all times even if provoked to the extreme. The most enjoyable part of the job is to experience the mastering of skills and the improvements in learner's behaviour , understanding of the subject content and the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in an efficient way.

Pros

Housing and medical allowance

Cons

Long hours of work, meeting deadlines.

productive

Productive workplace with supportive management. Everyday you have different challenges You have to keep your calm with the irate parents to at the end calm them down. Although we have our differences we still work as a team cause at the end of the day the school has to run like clockwork.

Pros

Holidays

Cons

no cons

A great working and Learning enviromnent

WCED is a great place to work at as the environment is always peaceful. I have learnt that team work is key. the management is fair and is willing to co operate with junior staff members. Team work is being emphasized sharing of ideas. The hardest part to me was dispatching at the beginning sorting out of schools pay slips was kind of tricky but as time goes by u turn to operate effectively it becomes easier. It is always nice working there as the mood is always polite i enjoyed ever moment there.

i view the workplace as a space fo learning becauese as a group we learn from each other.

I like teaching, I enjoy working with leaners, I support my learners in their studies and financially if I have to. some days are better than others at my workplace. The management try their best to support teachers. We are a nuclear family at my school we have no camps as I have heard from teachers from other schools. I am currently enjoying my new acing HOD position and I just hope for the best in my position currently. I work hand-in-hand with my team as we obey each other and always try to do what is best for the outcomes of the school and each individual learner.

Pros

i dont mind going the exra mile in my job, but i must be for a good reason.

Cons

working long hours is not a problem

Very challenging field to work for

These is a field you can learn alot concerning curriculum , you need to be a good listener especially to the children you are teaching as some of them they need your love and your attention that they sometimes do not get at home due to different reasons, in what ever you doing you need to be a good management of time and also your classroom as everything is based on that, you must be a person who is willing to share your information with your co-workers and also listen to their ideas , a very friendly person the most enjoyable time for me its when I talk and listen to how they feel what makes them happy at school and at home and do they wish their classroom environment would be

Pros

Flexible working hours and alot of holidays

Cons

Ill disciplined learners

Messed up education system

Learners are underachieving.OBE system has failed our society.

Pros

have a job

Cons

overworked and underpaid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WCED. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,2 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,1 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,0 out of 5 stars for Management
3,4 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • WCED
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?