WELLNESS WAREHOUSE

WELLNESS WAREHOUSE Employee Reviews

South Africa28 reviews
Unproductive environment
The company is lacking professional leadership and they are more corporal to challenge. Their not open to a systemic management which provide open creative business operations.
Pros
Training
Cons
Feedback
3,0
It was a great learning experience and one I would take again given the opportunity.
Wellness Warehouse is a place where one can invest in their development in the industry and learn as much as possible about the field. Very compatible salary range also.
1,0
Not there yet they are so unproffessional
With management they like they have picked people from the streets to come and do the job. They change their staff a lot doesn't the people on top level notice
Pros
No appreciation
Cons
Very long and no overtime.
1,0
You do everything at this job clean, consult, merchendise, work at the tills, clean shelves and windows plus clean the floors..You even Un pack boxes
Pros
2 weekends off in a month
Cons
Long hours and working on weekends and holidays
2,0
Retail is not for everyone
I highly recommend making sure you speak to others about working in the retail environment before taking on this position. The hours are very long (can often amount to 10-11 hours on your feet, in the shop per day, including every alternate weekend) and there is a lot of tedious work to do, such as constantly counting hundreds of small items of stock, checking expiry dates on each product, cleaning the shop etc. It is also quite difficult to take leave for important events and you will be working throughout the holiday season, including Christmas and new years.

It is difficult to balance work life and personal life in this position, as you often will finish after 7pm and work full-days on weekends. You are physically exhausted at the end of each shift, since you're on your feet and constantly walking, cleaning, bending, lifting etc. Most of my colleagues were physically and mentally fatigued when I was working there. The employee turn-over is also quite high - many employees leave within a month or two of working there due to burnout.

The training was very interesting and thorough - we got treated to amazing food and got lots of free samples of health products.

The amount of health-consulting done is minimal compared to the amount of shop-cleaning and stock-counting done. Consider this a stepping stone position and not ideal for anyone with strong interpersonal commitments.
Management is trash
You get blamed for taking things and then they try and work your way out of the company. They don't give you a chance to explain yourself. The management is trash
5,0
productive and great learning environment
You learn new things everyday with regards to products and what they do in the body.

A typical day at work differs with the position, as a health consultant, I interact with customers and assist them on their various health needs, I unpack boxes, pack stock and manage customer orders. Banking, cashing up and contacting suppliers for fresh orders are part of the duties carried out in store by responsible individuals.

The environment keeps one healthy because you tend to know more about health and start practising living well. The trainings equip us with necessary knowledge.

The hardest part of the day is close to nil. It is great when the store is busy, keeps one on their toes and pushing to beat targets.
4,0
Its great opportunity for working at Wellness Warehouse because I've learn a lot about healthy foods I would to continue to work with them again
I had a great time at Wellness, the Management was so fairly, housekeeping is so important, it's always hard, but we maintain the best work, great teamwork
Pros
Depending
Cons
Normal Hours
3,0
My time at wellness warehouse was good.
In the 9 months I've learned alot about the company. I've learn about deadlines and how to work accurately. I've learned how to be a good picker and packer. And to wrap the glass bottles.
Pros
Boss interacts with workers on a regular bases.
Cons
No security cameras in case stock goes missing or been opened by workers.
Administrator for the deli
I did all the administration for the deli . I did ordering of stock , stocktake, staff rostering , cashing up , data capturing , as well as seeing to customer needs .
5,0
productive company and allows growth
a typical day at wellness includes welcoming and serving customers and help them choose the best product. Being a cashier and floor assistant meant that the customer satisfaction depends on your service.
1,0
Racism an favoritism to the company
Top management she is rude, and don't know how to work together with the staff. Not to mention racism in the company. They fav whites and treat badly us backs.
Pros
Cons
Long hours are badly
3,0
Fun, Passionate and Always changing.
Company growing well, a lot of changes in a short amount of time. Loads of change management needed.
Management is supportive but deadlines are deadlines.

Challenges include low experience skills base within existing staff compliment.

Therefore, experienced employees are leaned on to make additional contributions.
1,0
they treat their workers unequally
Favoritism in the company, like you can be working the same department doing the same work but they paid more than you. Empty promises, sometimes you get that your salary is short
Cons
long hours, not enough salary
Fun and innovative
Fun and vibrant work place, that allowed me to learn more and grow in the company. The atmosphere of the store is very welcoming even for customers. I very much enjoyed working at wellness warehouse store, I had a great learning experience as well as a good relationship with my coleagues.
Pros
Allow one to grown in the company
Great workplace
The company was very organized. A well structured work place. A good learning experience for people that want to get to knowledge within a retail company.
Pros
Great learning experience.
Cons
Unprofesional co workers
5,0
productive and fun work place
when I arrived at work I clean my section and also open my till point cleaning the tables so that the customers can sit in a clean table. I have leant more about gluten free products, banting product and also leant more about customer service. The management is good and understanding, the work place is good getting to know people and different attitudes of customers is the hardest part of my job but I take that as a challenge. The most enjoyable part of my job is advertise wellness warehouse to the customers
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
no long hours
Learning Experiences
I started working as a PPA and then moved to a branch closer to home where I have learnt so much about the body and health. I am currently doing Store Admin, but I always keep myself busy by helping customers, to merchandising. I love my colleagues, we make a good team.
The hardest part for me is working with lazy people-that I cannot tolerate. I enjoy the interaction between myself and customers, helping them with the health issues.
3,0
productive , ongoing learning excellent workplace
My day at wellness is Very productive , I have to keep clients happy so always have to be on time and accurate . I have learned that when you keep the customer happy you will always get positive feedback and this way they advertise the company in a positive manner . Management is the best if you give your best and do your work and exceed in all expectations.The culture is diverse there is staff of all walks of live age gender and culture. The hardest part of the job is to accomadate everyone. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the clients smiles on there faces when they realized they received excellent service.
Pros
non
Cons
working weekends
No bonus at xmas time
My friend works for wellness and I was shocked to learn the company does not give bonuses the salary that is given is so little and still no bonus is giving for Xmas time.how does the company expect to prosper if they don't reward their staff.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and salary
4,0
productive and a crazy place to work and very respectful
It was fun working there and i liked how we treated one another. Respect and humility was the top aspects of being in that place. I also liked the way the. Management would interact with the stuff.
Pros
discount in staff price