WELLNESS WAREHOUSE

WELLNESS WAREHOUSE Employee Reviews for Social and Health Program Consultant

Social and Health Program Consultant3 reviews
South Africa3 reviews

3,0Work-Life Balance

You do everything at this job clean, consult, merchendise, work at the tills, clean shelves and windows plus clean the floors..You even Un pack boxes

Pros

2 weekends off in a month

Cons

Long hours and working on weekends and holidays

Retail is not for everyone

I highly recommend making sure you speak to others about working in the retail environment before taking on this position. The hours are very long (can often amount to 10-11 hours on your feet, in the shop per day, including every alternate weekend) and there is a lot of tedious work to do, such as constantly counting hundreds of small items of stock, checking expiry dates on each product, cleaning the shop etc. It is also quite difficult to take leave for important events and you will be working throughout the holiday season, including Christmas and new years. It is difficult to balance work life and personal life in this position, as you often will finish after 7pm and work full-days on weekends. You are physically exhausted at the end of each shift, since you're on your feet and constantly walking, cleaning, bending, lifting etc. Most of my colleagues were physically and mentally fatigued when I was working there. The employee turn-over is also quite high - many employees leave within a month or two of working there due to burnout. The training was very interesting and thorough - we got treated to amazing food and got lots of free samples of health products. The amount of health-consulting done is minimal compared to the amount of shop-cleaning and stock-counting done. Consider this a stepping stone position and not ideal for anyone with strong interpersonal commitments.

productive and great learning environment

You learn new things everyday with regards to products and what they do in the body. A typical day at work differs with the position, as a health consultant, I interact with customers and assist them on their various health needs, I unpack boxes, pack stock and manage customer orders. Banking, cashing up and contacting suppliers for fresh orders are part of the duties carried out in store by responsible individuals. The environment keeps one healthy because you tend to know more about health and start practising living well. The trainings equip us with necessary knowledge. The hardest part of the day is close to nil. It is great when the store is busy, keeps one on their toes and pushing to beat targets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WELLNESS WAREHOUSE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance